worst_shot_ever

I leave big divots
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, a friend who is a big wino recently got hitched, and as a result had to divest himself of some of his more bulky appliances, including his awesome EuroCave cooler. Nice guy that I am, I turned his loss into my gain and picked it up for a measly $100. (This thing is probably a $900 cabinet.) I almost killed myself getting it into the basement by myself, but I managed, and I'm pretty excited with the results. So excited, in fact, that I couldn't resist taking a couple pictures of my three or four favorite "shelves," which I thought I'd share for those who like wines (especially California pinots, in which my collection is way too heavily invested, really). Hope you enjoy!

dsc0824.jpg

Kosta Brown Shelf

dsc0826.jpg

Alesia/Rhys Shelf

dsc0825s.jpg

Arcadian Shelf

dsc0827c.jpg

The Bragging Shelf!

If you want to part with either that 97 Dominus or any of your Saxum, you have my address. I will let you keep the Grange. Nothing by Foley huh?

If you want to part with either that 97 Dominus or any of your Saxum, you have my address. I will let you keep the Grange. Nothing by Foley huh?

Funny.

No Foley. I'm a big fan of his, as I know are you, but I got caught up in the mailing list Cali pinot thing when I was really into wine and devoted most of my effort to those, and ever since the baby has arrived I've stopped buying pricey wines altogether.

Very nice! My inlaws just moved into a CCRC, and we inherited their wine stash. Not nearly as nice as yours though... :desire:

Funny.

No Foley. I'm a big fan of his, as I know are you, but I got caught up in the mailing list Cali pinot thing when I was really into wine and devoted most of my effort to those, and ever since the baby has arrived I've stopped buying pricey wines altogether.

Check out School House Winery. Small and allocated, but some great juice. He assists with the making.

Very nice! My inlaws just moved into a CCRC, and we inherited their wine stash. Not nearly as nice as yours though... :desire:

Sadly, it's becoming all too clear that I've now reached an age where the only things that cause desire in the opposite sex are items like my wine collection. :beat-up:

Check out School House Winery. Small and allocated, but some great juice. He assists with the making.

I think I've heard good things about that project. I'll check it out if I get a chance. Thanks.

Sadly, it's becoming all too clear that I've now reached an age where the only things that cause desire in the opposite sex are items like my wine collection. :beat-up:

Never fear--there's a female in your household who'll love you unconditionally for another 12 years or so.

WSE, you got an incredible deal.

I am looking at buying a Eurocave myself, and I can tell you that it is more than $900! I see it's the Comfort Series. Depending on the size,, nember of shelves, etc., it runs anywhere from $1,700+.

Oh, and you have some great wine. Note to self... 'refrain, refrain, refrain'!

I am a big fan of Euro Cave. THey work great. However I usually find myself with Vinotemp based on cost.

WSE, you got an incredible deal.

I am looking at buying a Eurocave myself, and I can tell you that it is more than $900! I see it's the Comfort Series. Depending on the size,, nember of shelves, etc., it runs anywhere from $1,700+.

Oh, and you have some great wine. Note to self... 'refrain, refrain, refrain'!

Thanks, I haven't even bothered to check on price but I knew it was a steal. I guess I better treat that guy to a pretty nice bottle of wine next time he's over!! So I've got about 108 bottles in it right now. I have 7 roll-out shelves I can possibly use, but I'm using 2 heavy-duty shelves (not pictured) with lots of bottles stacked on them, and then only have 5 of the 7 sliding ones installed right now (which each hold 11 regular size bottles max).

Edit: HOLY COW. You're not kidding, ShortButCrooked. I think this is it, in a newer version: EuroCave Comfort 266/Glass Door That thing goes for $2,500. I better not tell my buddy!

Thanks, I haven't even bothered to check on price but I knew it was a steal. I guess I better treat that guy to a pretty nice bottle of wine next time he's over!! So I've got about 108 bottles in it right now. I have 7 roll-out shelves I can possibly use, but I'm using 2 heavy-duty shelves (not pictured) with lots of bottles stacked on them, and then only have 5 of the 7 sliding ones installed right now (which each hold 11 regular size bottles max).

Edit: HOLY COW. You're not kidding, ShortButCrooked. I think this is it, in a newer version: EuroCave Comfort 266/Glass Door That thing goes for $2,500. I better not tell my buddy!

Sounds about right. That's a great unit. Your wine has a nice new home. Enjoy!

You shouldn't have posted that link, WSE--it would fit in the closet we use to store wine, with our vaguely Scandinavian wine shelf system. There are things I simply don't need to know.

Holy ****!! Man I would convert that thing in to a super humidor!! Beautiful addition WSE!

Back