Proshopwarehouse on Ebay

RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I feel so bad for all of those people.

I bought something from them last year with no problems at all. Guess I was just lucky but I feel awful for the others who weren't so lucky. Sounds like Paypal isn't being helpful either based on some of the reviews?

oh ive bought MANY items from them over the years. but i knew to stay away from them once i heard they were going to go under. i just knew they would scam everyone at the last minute before they closed shop for good.

That is the exact reason I use my BOA credit card with paypal. If the seller cleans out their paypal account you will get nothing back from paypal. And Fleabay will give you only a small portion back. With my credit cards fraud protection I got ALL my money back when I got taken a few years ago.

That is pathetic that they ripped all those people off... Obviously they did well for a long time and still have a 99.3 feedback rating after all the recent ripoffs, but that is a terrible way to go out.

PayPal is such a joke with their "Buyer Protection." They make it sound like PayPal includes fraud insurance. B.S.! The seller has to have money in their account, otherwise you are SOL. PayPal won't dip into their own pocket.

Yeah they are Harry. A few years back i sold a laptop on there right when tablets came out. It was $3000 and he paypalled me the money. They went through the checkout and declined the insurance. So I shipped away and they claim they never got it. I was out both the laptop and the money. Paypal then froze my account as a "bad seller". Only thing I ever sold on ebay.

They took all the money out of the paypal account and handed it right back to the guy. After weeks of trying to prove my case, I finally did because the tracking showed delivered. (I said this on day one of the case and sent the tracking info). Of course they had nothing to give me at that point. Now I know that they put the money in some sort of escrow during a dispute. But this was going back quite a few years. In the end, I got $250 back from them and never got anything else.

The other thing I've noticed is that, no matter how many times I reset my default to pay from my credit card account, it always resets to paying from my bank account. I have to change it every time I use PayPal. I suspect it's because they know they can push consumers around, but not big banks/credit card companies.

Yeah they are Harry. A few years back i sold a laptop on there right when tablets came out. It was $3000 and he paypalled me the money. They went through the checkout and declined the insurance. So I shipped away and they claim they never got it. I was out both the laptop and the money. Paypal then froze my account as a "bad seller". Only thing I ever sold on ebay.

They took all the money out of the paypal account and handed it right back to the guy. After weeks of trying to prove my case, I finally did because the tracking showed delivered. (I said this on day one of the case and sent the tracking info). Of course they had nothing to give me at that point. Now I know that they put the money in some sort of escrow during a dispute. But this was going back quite a few years. In the end, I got $250 back from them and never got anything else.

GOOD GOD!!! :angry:

That is one of the worst I have seen. Really good business model though. Just list some phantom objects, get paid, never ship, then run with the money.

I used to consider e-bay the best golf store going, but not anymore. At one point almost everything in my bag was bought on e-bay. I got burned once and never got my money back (only $50), and got burned again with a fake non-golf related item (got refunded for that). Yes, there are some great sellers, but I am not going to risk it anymore.

There are too many crooks and fakes out there you just don't really know what you are going to get. The bad thing is that like with the brick and mortar stores, the crooks undercut the good sellers who have good products to sell, so they end up going under because no one will buy from them.

I have forged a good relationship with the club pro at a local muni so I buy all my stuff from him now. He only charges me a little over his cost for whatever I need. The best thing is that the whole muni system in the area is connected so he has access to just about any brand.

Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't sell anything over about $500 on eBay...

That is one of the worst I have seen. Really good business model though. Just list some phantom objects, get paid, never ship, then run with the money.

they had been in business on ebay for years with EXCELLENT feedback. and thats how they listed ALL their auctions during that time (stock photos). they had an EXCELLENT reputation and used that reputation at the end to rip off buyers before they closed their doors for good.

Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't sell anything over about $500 on eBay...

i sold a 68 Mustang GT on Ebay earlier this year. I am lucky though. i have over 2500 transactions on ebay and ive never been ripped off yet (knock on wood). ive sold lots of high dollar things on ebay over the years. 68 GT, 2 jetskis, and ive bought several high dollar things as well including a 67 Mustang GTA and a 96 Cobra. i hope my luck holds out

It's a shame someone's reputation isn't really important to them (not their ebay reputation, their moral reputation). Hopefully people will be reading the comments and no one else will buy from them. Don't count on it though.

It's a shame someone's reputation isn't really important to them (not their ebay reputation, their moral reputation). Hopefully people will be reading the comments and no one else will buy from them. Don't count on it though.

well, i dont think that will be a problem. they have closed their doors and they are no longer selling on ebay. they just wanted to haul in one last score before they closed their doors for good and they knew they would be able to pull that off due to their excellent feedback history... it sucks. im glad i knew what was going on, but a lot of people didnt and ended up getting scammed by them at the end

The AP1s seemed to be the real sucker bet.

It takes time to sue someone and I am sure that some are pursuing those actions.

Why hasn't anyone taken action yet?

Someone might have. But most buyers are probably in other states and the cost would be more than they could recover, if they could recover anything. Winning a lawsuit and getting your money are two completely different things.

So how are they going to get their money back if paypal doesn't follow through?

In most cases they arent dent. That is what is hard for me about buying on ebay.

Yep, there's no "victims of internet theft" monetary fund out there. Don't think your homeowners insurance would cover it, and even if it somehow did, the deductible is usually higher than the cost of most ebay golf equipment. In short, their only remedy is to get in line with the secured and unsecured creditors and other victims of theft.

I did notice that some of the feedback noted that they had notified the police. I guess it's possible some enterprising ADA and local law enforcement unit would bring a theft case for this, but I would have to think it's highly unlikely.

Back