The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that ambient warm air, propelled through spinning blades (i.e., a fan) = cooler feeling air?
Just a guess, but:
The air blowing over the skin causes the laminar layer over the skin (the largest mass transfer obstacle) to break up and become thinner, thus leading to an increased rate of evaporation of moisture from the skin, so it feels cooler.
The laminar layer is also a heat transfer barrier, so more heat is transferred directly from your skin to the air.

If they were trying to do what I think they might have been trying to do, why not an electric drill--WITHOUT the bit?

Resurrecting this because I ran across this smiley today.

sawzall-smiley.gif

Harry :love:s power tools.
sawzall-smiley.gif

Well who designed that Smilie anyways? Was it for a Milwaukee tools website or something.

You're asking the wrong person; I didn't find it.

It's 1:30 (est) here and I want a drink. It's been one of those days. I think a 6 pack maybe calling my name this evening.

This morning there was a Mustang Cobra SVT beside me on the freeway on my way into work. I realized how much I love the sound of the Mustang exhaust. :good: I wish my Camaro sounded like that when I stepped on the gas. :sad: But then again I haven't driven that car in 6 years so it's hard to say what it will even sound like.

It all depends--great husbands are made, not born.

^^^ And that right there, ladies and gentlemen, is why there is such a high divorce rate.

I moved this here.

So--why? Because women have rotten attitudes about their husbands? Because other women decide it's easier to start with a husband someone else has trained?

I am still on my starter husband. And... well, I won't be quite that mean.

I moved this here.

So--why? Because women have rotten attitudes about their husbands? Because other women decide it's easier to start with a husband someone else has trained?

I am still on my starter husband. And... well, I won't be quite that mean.

No, because some people think they can pick out someone with some qualities they like and then try to change or train them to get the other qualities they want.

No, because some people think they can pick out someone with some qualities they like and then try to change or train them to get the other qualities they want.
I heard this one time and it seems to be true in my marriage.

Men don't expect a woman to change after she gets married but she does and a woman expects a man to change but he won't.

Now back to the Claire and Harry banter.:D

I believe that passionate and romantic notions about "the One" are mostly just that, romanticized fables. First, if you do not actually respect the person you are with, the relationship is doomed no matter how passionate you may begin. But regardless, I think the reality is that there is a whole subset of people who share certain characteristics of background, looks, and disposition, that, if timing and chance are in their favor, would make for a successful life-time coupling partner. I realize this isn't exactly a recipe for poetry, but it is, I think, an accurate description of what happens. Once you find one of those people in that subset that works for you, and assuming you're in the subset that works for them, and assuming that you are both occupying the same mental space at the same time, then it's just a matter of building mutual respect and deciding to share mutual (whether spoken or unspoken) long-term goals.

That will be $5, please.

I believe that passionate and romantic notions about "the One" are mostly just that, romanticized fables. First, if you do not actually respect the person you are with, the relationship is doomed no matter how passionate you may begin. But regardless, I think the reality is that there is a whole subset of people who share certain characteristics of background, looks, and disposition, that, if timing and chance are in their favor, would make for a successful life-time coupling partner. I realize this isn't exactly a recipe for poetry, but it is, I think, an accurate description of what happens. Once you find one of those people in that subset that works for you, and assuming you're in the subset that works for them, and assuming that you are both occupying the same mental space at the same time, then it's just a matter of building mutual respect and deciding to share mutual (whether spoken or unspoken) long-term goals.

That will be $5, please.

Defnitely agree. There's still some training to be done, however. Hubby mostly remembers to turn his socks rightside out before they go in the laundry, but he has yet to figure out where all the dishes belong when he empties the dishwasher.

That will be $5, please.

I'll give you $20 if you find her for me....
Defnitely agree. There's still some training to be done, however. Hubby mostly remembers to turn his socks rightside out before they go in the laundry, but he has yet to figure out where all the dishes belong when he empties the dishwasher.

Sounds like he has YOU trained Claire

Yeah, and it bugs me when Wifey just puts the silverware in any old compartment in the dishwasher. Why not sort them when you put them in, since you pre-wash them individually, and thereby save time when you unload since they are already all sorted?

These are the serious issues that lead to marital strife in the WSE household.

I'll give you $20 if you find her for me....

Sounds like he has YOU trained Claire

LoL.

Maybe I should start a pimping, I mean internet dating, service.

Yeah, and it bugs me when Wifey just puts the silverware in any old compartment in the dishwasher. Why not sort them when you put them in, since you pre-wash them individually, and thereby save time when you unload since they are already all sorted?

These are the serious issues that lead to marital strife in the WSE household.

rolleyes.gif

Now I remember why I've stayed single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back