Today I lost a friend

sorry to hear about this, T. i love labs, and chocolate labs especially. always sad to hear about a loved one lost.

Man, so sorry to hear that! A part of the family is always a big loss...bad day indeed.

So sorry to hear this one-t, hang in there man

Sorry for your loss One T. Losing a pet is never easy. Best wishes to you and your family.

That is really sad! I know exactly how you are feeling and it sucks. There are a ton of great memories there and you will always have those.

Hate reading this. I hated going through it myself.

One thing Ive felt is that do not hesitate to get another dog(after mourning of course). If you feel a dog is an integral part of the family, than after mourning, get one. You are not trying to replace the old dog, and you never will, but not hearing those paws walk around hardwood or seeing a tailwagging hairy friend as soon as you come in the door is something that will truly make a family unhappy.

Hate reading this. I hated going through it myself.

One thing Ive felt is that do not hesitate to get another dog(after mourning of course). If you feel a dog is an integral part of the family, than after mourning, get one. You are not trying to replace the old dog, and you never will, but not hearing those paws walk around hardwood or seeing a tailwagging hairy friend as soon as you come in the door is something that will truly make a family unhappy.
When we had to put Bandit down, it was hard on everyone. Me, my wife, and especially our other dog, Tara. It was obvious she was sad. Luckily, she smelled Bandit after he died, so she knew he wasn't coming back (so she never once looked for him like you hear dog friends doing, looking for their friend). A month later, we found Charlie. And while he helped our hearts heal, he did wonders for Tara.

Sorry to hear this One-T. At least she went without the decision being made for her.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

It saddens me that your family lost such a beautiful friend and family member.

So sorry to hear about this 1T. My sincerest condolences.

Sorry to hear this One-T

Dude, this may seem a little sappy (and may get you a little dusty perhaps), but our vet sent us a card today with condolences for the loss of Hacker last week. Included in the card was this poem. Kelly couldn't even get all the way through it, and I had to go into another room. I thought of you and the loss of your family friend after I got done reading it and thought I would share it with you. You may have seen it, you may not have, but I am sharing anyways.

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/SIZE]

Dude, this may seem a little sappy (and may get you a little dusty perhaps), but our vet sent us a card today with condolences for the loss of Hacker last week. Included in the card was this poem. Kelly couldn't even get all the way through it, and I had to go into another room. I thought of you and the loss of your family friend after I got done reading it and thought I would share it with you. You may have seen it, you may not have, but I am sharing anyways.

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/SIZE]

wow dude it was hard not to cry with that one man, we lost our old cat george a few years ago he was a muscular tuxedo cat-such elegance. It was sad to lose him man and It sucks to go through, because pets are just as much a part of ones family as anyone, they're so unique and will be missed

So sorry to hear that, One-T. I know how you feel. Pets are family and its always hard to say good-bye before you are ready.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Sorry for your loss One-T. It must tough, I've been trough the same.

Dude,....so sorry to hear about Riley....it is so tough to lose a cherished family memember like that.

Sorry to hear this. I never really cared about our little dog until he got lost and saw my wife and kids in tears. We found him and now I know how important a dog can be to a family. I'm sorry One-T.

Sorry One-T.....hang in there man!

Sorry to hear about the loss OneT. My thoughts are with you and the family.

TapAhoy!

That is too bad, I feel for ya man, we had to put down our boston terrier about a year ago, it is truly heartbreaking, hang in there!

Sorry to hear this! Not to compare the two because I know you can't but sometimes dogs become like one of our children. They become a huge part of our family and its sad to see them go. Sorry for your family's loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry to hear buddy. Never easy on the family loosing a much loved pet

Back