cleaning golf shoes

TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
What is the best way to clean golf shoes,

I just got Adidas 360 3.0's with the titanium and black so it matches both khaki and greyish black shorts, but the white leather got a little dirty today what is the best option for cleaning them?

There are tons of options, for a quick easy one, take interior car wipes for leather and wipe them down.

Got them too, but in white, and those babies do get dirty. Thanks for the tip.

I use this:

337-2T.jpg

The bottle has a built in brush, so you just squeeze, brush, and wipe off with a towel.

The best thing you can do to a shoe is polish it and not just clean it. Make sure you use a protectant, because it will make it easier to clean the next time around.

The best thing you can do to a shoe is polish it and not just clean it. Make sure you use a protectant, because it will make it easier to clean the next time around.

note to self next time use protectant before first round in new shoes!

AD737899.jpg

(best picture I could get of the shoes)

note to self next time use protectant before first round in new shoes!

AD737899.jpg

(best picture I could get of the shoes)

Oh I thought you had the all black ones with silver stripes. As so:

1014560-abk.jpg

The white ones in your picture are the same pair I have, and man do they show the dirt!

I really like the look of the titanium & whites shoes but I was worried about them showing dirt and wear with all that white (I am hard on my right toe)...so I went with these 360 3.0's (see below). The black strip down the middle does not show as much wear. I also agree with JB that polish is the best way to maintain your leather shoes...:cool:

View attachment 363

Last edited:
That's why I bought black shoes this year, the white FJ's that I had last year always looked brown.lol

If you can stay out of the sand, you won't have that problem, Mo! :act-up:

You're supposed to clean golf shoes? I just take them off and put them back in the trunk with some cedar shoe trees inside.

I have a lot of pairs and try to keep them all clean. They are part of the golf style that I like. It is not for everybody.

I clean my clubs but not my shoes, it seems like I'm constantly playing in wet conditions lately and I just can't bring myself to clean the shoes.

I really like the look of the titanium & whites shoes but I was worried about them showing dirt and wear with all that white (I am hard on my right toe)...so I went with these 360 3.0's (see below). The black strip down the middle does not show as much wear. I also agree with JB that polish is the best way to maintain your leather shoes...:cool:

View attachment 363

Those are the exact shoes we reviewed (same color) I LOVE those shoes. I am in love with the color combination. That was my complaint with the ladies version, the color choices were seriously lacking.

Those are the exact shoes we reviewed (same color) I LOVE those shoes. I am in love with the color combination. That was my complaint with the ladies version, the color choices were seriously lacking.

I hear you...I like them so much I bought another pair (stored in the closet) when they went on sale because you know as soon as you find somehting you like they will stop making it...:cool:

I hear you...I like them so much I bought another pair (stored in the closet) when they went on sale because you know as soon as you find somehting you like they will stop making it...:cool:

Very good plan! When I find something I like I do the same thing. Especially when they go on sale because if you can find your size when they are on sale, I say stock up!

I clean my shoes with Comet cleanser or a Mr. Clean eraser for marks that don't come out easily. I wear black shoes in the Fall/Winter - partly because I was taught to never wear white after Labor Day and partly because they show less dirt.

Diane,
If you use Comet, make sure to put a leather protectant on them afterwards if they are leather shoes. Comet does take off any protectants that are on a shoe.

Diane,
If you use Comet, make sure to put a leather protectant on them afterwards if they are leather shoes. Comet does take off any protectants that are on a shoe.

Thanks - I didn't know that - see what happens when you listen to your mother. I'll let her know too. She's always used Comet on her golf shoes.

It will definitely clean like a bleach. But you definitely want to protect them from cracking and water as well as stains.

Yep. Comet works well (I used to use it on my old tennis shoes), but it's really abrasive. It can harm the leather. Remember leather is people. Oh wait, no, that's Soylent Green...

Leather is skin, albeit cow skin. Saddle soap, mild (liquid) dishwashing soap, or specialty shoe soap is best.

Back