Sponsorship "Fantasy Draft"

Colt

Two is one and one is none
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: ????
I thought it would be kind of neat to have a thread dedicated to what players people would like to see with which sponsors/brands. Good discussion would be why they think that those players would mesh well with the companies that they come up with, or just whatever reason they would like to see these fantasy sponsorships come to fruition.

My first is Steve Stricker to PING. I don't know why exactly. His persona just seems to match PING's image well.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Jason day and Dicks, I know it's already in place and that's a good thing. At this rate he'll be fitting players in the demo room at Dicks sporting goods

Jason day and Dicks, I know it's already in place and that's a good thing. At this rate he'll be fitting players in the demo room at Dicks sporting goods

Get hair cut = lower stroke count. Was this an indirect jab at Mediate?!?! :D

Another one that I have, and I don't know why I always picture it but: MAJ w/ Cleveland Golf.

Naaa, Mediate has proven he can play on tour and it just a pretty face. That is kind of ironic...hehe
Get hair cut = lower stroke count. Was this an indirect jab at Mediate?!?! :D

Ok you started this thread and you're first two you have no idea why they would be a good match. You have to follow your own request...:alien2:

I thought it would be kind of neat to have a thread dedicated to what players people would like to see with which sponsors/brands. Good discussion would be why they think that those players would mesh well with the companies that they come up with, or just whatever reason they would like to see these fantasy sponsorships come to fruition.

My first is Steve Stricker to PING. I don't know why exactly. His persona just seems to match PING's image well.

Another one that I have, and I don't know why I always picture it but: MAJ w/ Cleveland Golf.

Gmac goes back to Callaway and back to his winning ways and slaying Tigers.

Ok you started this thread and you're first two you have no idea why they would be a good match. You have to follow your own request...:alien2:

It's 1:45 AM here right now. The brilliant idea jumped into my mind and I wanted to start off with some picks of my own but my brain is too dead to actually give a reason why right now.

I am not a big Callaway fan but that pairing just always seemed right to me. It just didn't feel right when he moved to Cleveland/Srixon.

Yes please. Freaking jerk should never have left the Chevron!

Agreed. Callaway and Gmac need each other.

He should shave the Chevron in his chest hair

I think there are some very good matches out there now. DJ and TMaG seem like a good fit; all about distance and making noise hitting the ball far. Bubba and Ping seem to be a good fit too. Bubba golfs his own way, and Ping was the first to really market fitting with their dot lines. I like the Titleist sponsorship of some of the more muted and classic guys like Zach Johnson, Adam Scott, and Stricker.

Ryan Moore should be sponsored by McGregor.

Nicolas Colsaerts needs to go to Cleveland instead of playing Callaway clubs and wearing a Titleist hat.

LOL @ Ryan moore and McGregor

Theres a few I wouldnt mind seeing, in no specific order of course!

Spoiler
Thainer and Cleveland.

Thainer and Puma/Cobra

Thainer and Callaway

Thainer and Bridgestone.

I'd like to see Dufner and Callaway. I think they'd fit well.

Miguel Angel Jimenez with Dos Equis

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Since you went there first...:D

John Daly and PBR. (He actually does have his own vodka label now).

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Since you went there first...:D

John Daly and Weight Watchers. (He actually does have his own vodka label now).

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Fify....

I would like to see Hunter and Woodland move to Cobra. I think with Woodlands distance it could help with the Amp cell and the distance selling point and Hunter is still young but I think has earned respect from all ages. I think both could work well for marketing and put Cobra on the minds of a lot of people I also like that Cobra appears to really support the players under their umbrella.

He does look like he could be the younger brother of the Most Interesting Man In The World.

Okay. I'm back now.

I think that my MAJ/Cleveland combo has to do with me thinking that Cleveland could use someone with a bit of "swagger" on their payroll. They've got Keegan and he's a great player that gets excited, but he just doesn't have the "gusto" that Jimenez does.

As for Stricker and PING. Stricker is a plain Jane traditionalist kind of player and that's the kind of company PING likes being. PING doesn't do anything too flashy and are just tried and true dependable clubs. They're like the equipment equivalent of Stricker. He would just mesh well with their business model.

Alvaro quiros and TMaG, all about distance.

Okay. I'm back now.

I think that my MAJ/Cleveland combo has to do with me thinking that Cleveland could use someone with a bit of "swagger" on their payroll. They've got Keegan and he's a great player that gets excited, but he just doesn't have the "gusto" that Jimenez does.

As for Stricker and PING. Stricker is a plain Jane traditionalist kind of player and that's the kind of company PING likes being. PING doesn't do anything too flashy and are just tried and true dependable clubs. They're like the equipment equivalent of Stricker. He would just mesh well with their business model.

You do realize MAJ is part of their staff. What ball do you think he plays? And you dont think Gmac has swagger as you put it?

Back