Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pistol bug a few years ago and then sold a few off so this is what I have left that I still shoot. A few others are just old and I do not shoot them anymore. I am thinking about a Kimber UCII but just not sure. I have shot 2 of them, 1 had serious jamming issues with cheap brass. The other was fantastic, had laser sight , good weight and accurate. Also thinking about a .380 but not sure which model.

I did too dude. I stopped with these but almost bought a S&W .380 revolver. I think that's what it was. Has an hammer less type set up so it conceals well and doesn't snag. Dude I used to buy guns from carried one and gave me a demonstration on how well it concealed. Basically he could shoot someone without ever taking it out of his pocket if he had too. I was all but sold.

I've heard lots of the same stories about Kimber UCII. Jams jams and more jams. For that price no thanks.

What is the button on the back of the grip on the Springfield?

That's basically a safety. It's got that handle safety, a trigger safety and a standard safety.

I did too dude. I stopped with these but almost bought a S&W .380 revolver. I think that's what it was. Has an hammer less type set up so it conceals well and doesn't snag. Dude I used to buy guns from carried one and gave me a demonstration on how well it concealed. Basically he could shoot someone without ever taking it out of his pocket if he had too. I was all but sold.

I've heard lots of the same stories about Kimber UCII. Jams jams and more jams. For that price no thanks.

May have to take a look at that .380. Yeah its probably a no go on the UCII, to much coin plus I can buy more golf stuff.

Safety, needs to be compressed. Unless I am wrong, some laser sights use that sort of setup to activate.

May have to take a look at that .380. Yeah its probably a no go on the UCII, to much coin plus I can buy more golf stuff.

Safety, needs to be compressed. Unless I am wrong, some laser sights use that sort of setup to activate.

Check this one. It's a 38 special actually

wm_2800472.jpg

Nice pistol collection you have going there vince.

I took a pic of my 2 favorite guns that I own (Glock 23 and Yugoslavian M70B1 AK-47). I took them camping this weekend and had a blast shooting them again.

DSC_0105.jpg

Ahh the ak47 when you absolutely have to kill every mother effer in the room. Haha

Check this one. It's a 38 special actually

wm_2800472.jpg

Looks good, but also looks like a 5 shot?

Nice pistol collection you have going there vince.

I took a pic of my 2 favorite guns that I own (Glock 23 and Yugoslavian M70B1 AK-47). I took them camping this weekend and had a blast shooting them again.

DSC_0105.jpg

Thanks dude, AK's are fun for sure.

Ahh the ak47 when you absolutely have to kill every mother effer in the room. Haha

Truth! When I was a tad bit younger there was a dude that made them fully auto. Very fun, not sure if he is still in prison...

I trust it more than any other gun I own, but Im sure my neighbors would agree that it is a bad choice for home defense.

Looks good, but also looks like a 5 shot?

Thanks dude, AK's are fun for sure.

Truth! When I was a tad bit younger there was a dude that made them fully auto. Very fun, not sure if he is still in prison...

I think so which is something I didn't care for. And not the fastest reloads either. But still all things considered if you want to carry there's not much that's easier.

I think so which is something I didn't care for. And not the fastest reloads either. But still all things considered if you want to carry there's not much that's easier.

A buddy brought out his revo to shoot this weekend and it made me want to get one. I personally prefer guns with magazines for defense, but I would love a revolver to shoot for fun.

Kmac, we decided that after the new year we'll be getting a handgun to have in our house. I'm wanting something that's easy for Erin to use that is easy to load, shoot and be accurate with. I'm thinking of a .22 Reuger with an 8" barrel. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Yeah, cant get any simpler and fool proof than a revolver. But for the rounds I have in the Glock and M&P that makes me feel better when I carry. Both those guns are very reliable as well.

Kmac, we decided that after the new year we'll be getting a handgun to have in our house. I'm wanting something that's easy for Erin to use that is easy to load, shoot and be accurate with. I'm thinking of a .22 Reuger with an 8" barrel. Thoughts? Recommendations?

I know you addressed Kmac but if this is also for home protection I would look at the Glock 17 or 19. Its a 9mm caliber and does not kick, very accurate and a lot more stopping power. If its something to start your wife into shooting/feeling comfortable than nothing beats a .22.

I agree with Vince dude. If its for home defense a .22 isn't strong enough to stop some drug crazed lunatic. He won't even notice he got shot unless you nail him in between the eyes. But can you do that in the heat of battle? I'd rather have a 9mm at the least. But if its for sport then it's a great gun for that kind of stuff.

Thanks dudes! I want a .45 or a .357 but she couldn't shoot those.

My name is not Kmac, but I am looking into a Ruger SR-22PB for my GF. I love the more modern look, and it has some great features.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ruger-sr22pb/

Thanks dudes! I want a .45 or a .357 but she couldn't shoot those.

She could handle a 9mm though. And a glock is about as reliable as you can get. Tons of them out there too.

38 revolver or a 9mm glock. point and shoot

The only thing I like about this thread is you 'Mericans using the metric system.

She could handle a 9mm though. And a glock is about as reliable as you can get. Tons of them out there too.

You just can't buy something tiny and lightweight, they are hard to shoot. Mid sized to full sized and no concerns about recoil.

I agree frank. Some of the worst guns I've shot are the little tiny ones. Which is why I think a 9mm is a good middle ground.

This is my baby. Smith & Wesson M&P15.
IMG_20121007_160520.jpg

And the home defense shotgun mossberg 500
IMG_20121007_160802.jpg

I really want a Kel Tec

Home defense shot gun.

KSG_3357web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back