Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree frank. Some of the worst guns I've shot are the little tiny ones. Which is why I think a 9mm is a good middle ground.

This is my baby. Smith & Wesson M&P15.
IMG_20121007_160520.jpg

And the home defense shotgun mossberg 500
IMG_20121007_160802.jpg

Verrry nice rifle and shotgun man. Thanks for sharing the pics.

For home defense you can also get .38 caliber buck shot loads, I believe, which could be a bit safer, and scare someone off.

The only thing I like about this thread is you 'Mericans using the metric system.

That's all we use it for Ammo and Booze! Booze comes in 750ml and 1liter bottles.

Kel tec makes some insane guns! That shotgun looks like something out of star wars.

Kel tec makes some insane guns! That shotgun looks like something out of star wars.

My buddy has one. Feels great in your hands. Holds massive amounts of ammo in 2 separate tubes under the barrel.

I agree frank. Some of the worst guns I've shot are the little tiny ones. Which is why I think a 9mm is a good middle ground.

This is my baby. Smith & Wesson M&P15.
IMG_20121007_160520.jpg

And the home defense shotgun mossberg 500
IMG_20121007_160802.jpg
KMAC, what version of M&P is that? Is it the Sport? I have my eye on the M&P "T"

These shotguns are a tad different than my old Remington 870 and 1187, lol. I'm pondering selling 3 or 4 of my shotguns to purchase a nice smaller Glock.

KMAC, what version of M&P is that? Is it the Sport? I have my eye on the M&P "T"

I think its the Sport but Im not sure. Whats the difference between the two?

I think its the Sport but Im not sure. Whats the difference between the two?

I'd have to look, KMAC. I think the handguard, sights, and flash hider are different. I need to do more research on them. As much as I love my M&P 9mm's, it makes me want to go M&P with I get an AR....

I'd have to look, KMAC. I think the handguard, sights, and flash hider are different. I need to do more research on them. As much as I love my M&P 9mm's, it makes me want to go M&P with I get an AR....

Well I just looked and it doesnt anything about being a "T"

Well I just looked and it doesnt anything about being a "T"

Thanks for looking KMAC. I looked at S&W's website again and there are about a dozen variations to their AR. Time to research and ponder.

I considered getting the M&P 15 ORC "Optic Ready Carbine" No build in sights, just a very large rail to mount an optic to, such as a nice clean low-profile 'reflex' holo style optic.

TC: A very good option to think about is a .357. You can let her shoot .38 special out of it and it's much easier on the recoil and you have a .357 for a good manstopper. I have 3, .357s and my wife really enjoys shooting them. Just some food for thought. KCM

Seen this post via Tapatalk and came flying in here to see if you was talking about KSGs.

Haha! I wish those bad boys were $350.

guns are way more expensive than golf hahaha

I know you addressed Kmac but if this is also for home protection I would look at the Glock 17 or 19. Its a 9mm caliber and does not kick, very accurate and a lot more stopping power. If its something to start your wife into shooting/feeling comfortable than nothing beats a .22.

I agree with Vince dude. If its for home defense a .22 isn't strong enough to stop some drug crazed lunatic. He won't even notice he got shot unless you nail him in between the eyes. But can you do that in the heat of battle? I'd rather have a 9mm at the least. But if its for sport then it's a great gun for that kind of stuff.

Thanks dudes! I want a .45 or a .357 but she couldn't shoot those.

First what is your price point, lots of options out there. Me personally I don't care for much under 9mm for self defense, but also if she is not going to shoot it then it defeats the purpose.

Here are some options :

Walther PK380 – slide is one of the easiest I have seen to rack, so your wife would be able to manipulate it. It’s 8+1 rounds of .380 ACP, so enough to do some damage.

Ruger SP101 .357 mag(not .38 version) revolver- The .357 mag version can also shoot .38, so you get both options, get the DA/SA model, not DAO

Smith and Wesson 686+ revolver - little heavier than the SP101 but same options and two more rounds.

S&W M&P’s + Glocks are both very good options very soft shooter, but slides may be a little harder for her to manipulate if she has too.

Biggest thing is get her to a basic class, learn from a professional, and maybe get some range time on a few varieties and let her decide.

what is a relatively "inexpensive" but high quality side arm?
most of the guns i want cost an arm and leg hahaha

what is a relatively "inexpensive" but high quality side arm?
most of the guns i want cost an arm and leg hahaha

I believe you can get glocks for a fairly affordable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back