Grips for small hands?

I'dHitThat

Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
I've noticed that my grips feel too big on my new Adams irons. I have fairly small hands and they actually hurt after a short while from not being able to get a solid grip on the club. I've seen undersized and ladies grips online, but unsure how the sizing works(1/32? 1/64? .0560? etc..) ..is there a way to find out for sure what size I need? A guy in the pro shop at the driving range I was at today had some undersized Pings and recommended me buying a couple of them and if I didn't like them I'd only be out a few bucks. Wasn't really up for that, especially having Ping grips on my Adams clubs(I'm weird like that). Any help is appreciated!

Lamkin 3Gen RELs are pretty fantastic and they come in undersized in a couple colours.. Maybe try them?

At around 5 bucks, it's a cheap experiment.

PM The belbs he probably knows some good options!

Thanks for the replies! Lamkin's chart(which is extremely straight forward and helpful) shows Undersized with 2 layers of tape ..how much of a difference do the extra layers make?

Okay so I am pretty confused. I picked up Lamkin Crosslines early from a local shop, "Undersized 58R". I assumed these would work, but after doing some research everything I have read says .580 grips on a .600 shaft(Grafalloy ProLaunch Axis Graphite) = oversized ..I don't get this? If this is true, what size do I need for my .600 shaft to be undersized? Appreciate any help, would like to get these installed today!

Gave Lamkin a call ..was told that a .580 grip on a .600 shaft is in fact oversized, though the "undersized .580" on a .600 shaft is still undersized. I thought ".580" alone meant undersized.

Does this sound right? I probably confused the heck out of the poor lady at Lamkin.

Sorry to keep bumping this but I am so lost! Just read these..

"Do not use ladies or undersized grips with a .580 or lower core size. They will actually make the grip thicker near the butt. I would stick with the .600 New Decade MC and use exactly one layer of tape (with zero overlapping of tape, may require some tape trimming). Lamkin Crossline Tour .600 also work well."

"A standard .580 core grip has a wall thickness .020" thicker than a .600 core standard grip. This is why when you install a .580 core grip on a .600 diameter shaft you get a grip that is +.020"

"If you have an "undersized" .580 core grip, that means the walls are NOT thick enough to end up with a standard size grip on a .580 diameter shaft, so that would by definition be something smaller than +.020" on a .600 diameter shaft."

"Correct, the grips are made so if put on a .580 diameter shaft, it comes up -1/32 undersized. So thanks to your math, it should be about -.01 undersized on a .600 diameter shaft. That helps a lot."

If this math is correct, undersized .580 grips on .600 shaft = -.01 undersized, so basically not undersized at all / standard?

Figured it out, I think lol. Need .610 for -1/32(Callaway is the only company that makes a grip this size) or .620 for -1/64. I feel like I really over-thought this, but there is a ton of misinformation out there, had to research several sites before coming up with a solid answer. Another option is possibly stretching the standard grips(I believe stretching 3/4" = -1/64), going to look into this as well.

We need a grip size chart sticky!

Back