Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Knowing Jrod sort of makes me chuckle a little when I saw him hit this. He was literally lightweight shaft hater #1 for a long time. I think the fact that he went 5x rather than 7x tells me a lot. Good stuff here.

This is true.

As Hawk and others that have seen my play I always fought with high backspin numbers, like off the charts 4000+ with a lot of shafts. My launch angle has always been pretty low and that stayed consistent with this shaft however the lightweight and the fact that it dropped the spin rate that much is just astonishing.

Thats awesome. I myself have always hit a high ball with little to no roll out. Would you say the light weight had any effect on your speed numbers?

As Hawk and others that have seen my play I always fought with high backspin numbers, like off the charts 4000+ with a lot of shafts. My launch angle has always been pretty low and that stayed consistent with this shaft however the lightweight and the fact that it dropped the spin rate that much is just astonishing.

Sounds like a great combo, keeping a low launch but reducing your spin numbers. Thats great to hear, I look forward to following your continued progress and thoughts. I have really become a fan of lower launching shafts over the last 6 months or so. I really think finding the right low launching shafts for every club in my bag could really help me improve a little more.

Great write up Jrod. Good seeing that X flex holds up.

Did anyone go 4s?

The 8.2* launch had me a little concerned, but you addressed that perfectly in the follow post. Nice start Jrod, sincerely, nice work.

This data has me wanting to work with the 3&4.

Gosh Jrod you got me pumped to try this beast! Outstanding first post. I'm now a little nervous that this is too low launching for me

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all. Don't be too concerned with the launch angle this is a flaw of mine not the shaft. I struggle with this with just about any shaft I use. The shaft is definitely low-mid but not terribly low like the data may lead you to believe.

Gosh Jrod you got me pumped to try this beast! Outstanding first post. I'm now a little nervous that this is too low launching for me

Well if I am learning anything from these Miyazaki threads, couldn't you maybe try the S shaft, or even the R? Seems like the X shafts definitely have a stiffer but end by looking at the flex code, which results in lower launch. So if you went with the S shaft maybe the flight would be a little bit higher? Maybe I'm still a little confused about flex codes, so someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

For comparisons sake, weren't you right around 10-11° with the stock PING shaft, Jrod?

Thats awesome. I myself have always hit a high ball with little to no roll out. Would you say the light weight had any effect on your speed numbers?

As of now no but in full disclosure I have a severely inflamed Achilles right now and I'm not getting off my back as well as I usually do so I suspect that is costing me a few MPH.

For comparisons sake, weren't you right around 10-11° with the stock PING shaft, Jrod?

I was right about 9.5 - 10* with that shaft. about 1 to 1.5* higher with the TFC X Flex.

Awesome write up JRod, looking forward to seeing this in action on Saturday.

Great initial thoughts JRod. Having seen you hit the ball last year, I know the amount of swing speed that you have, so to hear that you can't overpower the shaft is a big endorsement for the X-flex version of this shaft, even in the lighter weight models. One question: how long did it take you to get adjusted to the lighter weight of this shaft in terms of balance of the club? It sounds like you're going down about 15-20 grams on your driver shaft, which is what I would do if I went from the 60-ish gram driver shafts that I play right now into the 4 series of these shafts. Apologies if you already covered this and I skimmed past it.

Well if I am learning anything from these Miyazaki threads, couldn't you maybe try the S shaft, or even the R? Seems like the X shafts definitely have a stiffer but end by looking at the flex code, which results in lower launch. So if you went with the S shaft maybe the flight would be a little bit higher? Maybe I'm still a little confused about flex codes, so someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Already have the 4S dude. Should have the tips early next week. This will be going in the Fit TA

JRod - incredible write up. You explained everything very well.

The numbers on the launch monitor are impressive, but we're going to need GPS verification to be sure, THP rules. :D

The numbers on the launch monitor are impressive, but we're going to need GPS verification to be sure, THP rules. :D
I've played with him, I can vouch. LOL

Fantastic initial writeup JRod. Lots of good info and thoughts in there. This testing really has me excited.

Wow Jman & JRod! Amazing start. I tried to stay away from the early testing but couldn't help myself. Not going to form any conclusions yet but you guys have brought up some great points to consider.

I'm THP verified bro. :act-up:

Wow Jman & JRod! Amazing start. I tried to stay away from the early testing but couldn't help myself. Not going to form any conclusions yet but you guys have brought up some great points to consider.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts bro. I love seeing all the different IFC in action and how they react differently.

I'm THP verified bro. :act-up:

I can't wait to get to the Outing next May and tell people the stories about you and the Belbs and the Annika Academy building at the end of the range at Reunion. :wink:

As of now no but in full disclosure I have a severely inflamed Achilles right now and I'm not getting off my back as well as I usually do so I suspect that is costing me a few MPH.

Ahh ok, gotcha. Thanks for the terrific write up, and the prompt responses to all the questions. Appreciate it. Look forward to following you and the others during the process.

I can't wait to get to the Outing next May and tell people the stories about you and the Belbs and the Annika Academy building at the end of the range at Reunion. :wink:

I have no idea what you're talking about. :alien:

Ahh ok, gotcha. Thanks for the terrific write up, and the prompt responses to all the questions. Appreciate it. Look forward to following you and the others during the process.

Anytime man that's what this is about. Feel free to ask me anything either here or via PM during the day for a faster response!

JRODizzle those are some pretty staggering number based on the launch angle. If that got up even 4* I'm sure you're looking at 300 plus carry and less left. I've been waiting for some real numbers from you and I'm kinda stunned. I hope you find those extra degrees of launch. Nice job!

Wow Jrod, amazing writeup! I'm glad this really held up for you especially with you dropping all that weight. Like everyone else, I'd like to see you get your launch up a bit to see what this can do!

JRODizzle those are some pretty staggering number based on the launch angle. If that got up even 4* I'm sure you're looking at 300 plus carry and less left. I've been waiting for some real numbers from you and I'm kinda stunned. I hope you find those extra degrees of launch. Nice job!

Ropes bro. I will wait to pass judgement until I see the flight outside. I would much rather be a little low and work in wind than high.

JRod, as old man as this sounds, you would just scream this driver out there with an 11 or 12 degree head, straightup Petterson style dude.

Back