The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sir! Hurney has been such a crutch for this franchise. I'm still kind of shocked JRich fired him.

Especially after that article that was posted last week talking about how he basically made moves that would keep him around longer.

I didn't see it but I read about it this morning man. I feel as though he was set up to fail this year. Expectations put on the team by Ryan Kalil putting a full page ad in the paper. Adding zilch on offense. A predictable offense that other teams could prepare for. It just sucks man. Like I said, it doesn't take a genius to see when this team clicks, and it's when the play hurry-up and out of the shotgun.

He's a young kid. Probably a jerk too, I don't know, but I just can't blame one person.

Oh, I hear ya TC and agree. I just hope this is a sophomore slump for Cam and not a continuing downward spiral for him.

Especially after that article that was posted last week talking about how he basically made moves that would keep him around longer.

Yeah, that was an interesting read for sure. Selfish bastage!

Oh, I hear ya TC and agree. I just hope this is a sophomore slump for Cam and not a continuing downward spiral for him.

Me too DTL. Me too. WHo knows though.

I think its more a result of what he doesnt have around him and how poorly they utilize the running game. Look at how Dallas blew up their dumb gimmick running plays yesterday. Lets those backs pound the line and wear defenses down. Then you might be able to let Cam take his shots down field but I think they need to start running the backs more traditionally then they are right now. After Steve Smith Cam doesnt have much. And Smith is not exactly young anymore either. They need a AJ Green type of WR who can out jump, out muscle and run past guys. But so do all the other teams in the NFL. Hey Panthers, Dropz Bryant??

I think its more a result of what he doesnt have around him and how poorly they utilize the running game. Look at how Dallas blew up their dumb gimmick running plays yesterday. Lets those backs pound the line and wear defenses down. Then you might be able to let Cam take his shots down field but I think they need to start running the backs more traditionally then they are right now. After Steve Smith Cam doesnt have much. And Smith is not exactly young anymore either. They need a AJ Green type of WR who can out jump, out muscle and run past guys. But so do all the other teams in the NFL. Hey Panthers, Dropz Bryant??

I agree with your assessment dude. At least Dropz would command more attention that Louis "can't make it with the Raiders" Murphy.

I agree with your assessment dude. At least Dropz would command more attention that Louis "can't make it with the Raiders" Murphy.
Really, if you cant make the Raiders what are you doing in the NFL. Playing for the Panthers!

Really, if you cant make the Raiders what are you doing in the NFL. Playing for the Panthers!

hahaha, that's gold dude!

Maybe Jurry can hire Hurney. Seems like a good fit.

hahaha, that's gold dude!

Maybe Jurry can hire Hurney. Seems like a good fit.

That would be awful. What upsets me about Garrett and his stupid play calling is I thought that was why they hired Callahan. So much for that idea.

he probably just wasn't fast enough.

Schefter just said on Sportscenter that the Panthers have $134 million committed to the cap for next year and over $140 million committed for 2 years from now. Both of those numbers are above what the salary cap is going to be, there are going to be some tough decisions coming up in terms of players to cut loose.

I guess that JJmorris has to add a sling to his avatar picture:
"RT @JayGlazer: Big loss for packers. Charles Woodson broken collarbone out 6 weeks"

Schefter just said on Sportscenter that the Panthers have $134 million committed to the cap for next year and over $140 million committed for 2 years from now. Both of those numbers are above what the salary cap is going to be, there are going to be some tough decisions coming up in terms of players to cut loose.

Adios Jordan Gross. Adios DWill.

besides Smith and Newton still on his rookie contract, who are they paying big?

The RB's that they never use.

oh those guys, have they both been healthy at the same time at any point in the last 2 years?

I guess that JJmorris has to add a sling to his avatar picture:
"RT @JayGlazer: Big loss for packers. Charles Woodson broken collarbone out 6 weeks"

Hmmm. Waiting to hear confirmation on that but I remember him looking kinda shaken up after a play. I will wear my Woodson jersey every day until he is back to honor the legend.

Well, Woodson will sure be missed. Boy they are getting banged up. The young DBs have been playing pretty well, but you have to wonder what will happen without Woodson's presence on the field. At least they have the Jags this week and that Blaine Gabbert who can make all the throws is dinged up I think.

Cam Newton is going through his sophomore slump. He'll get back to where he was if he matures a bit.

Kevin

The RB's that they never use.

That is funny. Between Williams and Stewart they carried the ball 13 times. They are paying Williams almost $9 million this year to carry the ball 3 times on Sunday. I guess it's because he's a good blocker?

He only carried it twice on Sunday, lol

Bears vs Turds. Kind of looking forward to scouting these two future Packers opponents.

Kevin

I'm not sure why but I put some money on Detroit tonight +6.5. Everything says that the play tonight is Chicago, and I'm a huge fan of Tmex but I had to put money on Detroit.

I'm not sure why but I put some money on Detroit tonight +6.5. Everything says that the play tonight is Chicago, and I'm a huge fan of Tmex but I had to put money on Detroit.

Because Jay Cutler sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back