College World Series [spoilers]

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
The Super Regionals are set. Best of three series and the eight winners go to Omaha for the CWS:
SUPER REGIONALS (JUNE 5-8)
  • AUSTIN: (1) Texas vs. TCU
  • GAINESVILLE: Florida vs. Southern Mississippi
  • TEMPE: Clemson vs. (5) Arizona State
  • CHAPEL HILL: (4) North Carolina vs. East Carolina
  • FULLERTON: Louisville vs. (2) Cal. St. Fullerton
  • TALLAHASSEE: (8) Florida St. vs Arkansas
  • OXFORD: Mississippi vs. Virginia
  • BATON ROUGE: (3) LSU vs. Rice

I dont have any ties to a college, so I always go for the California team. I pull for Fullerton, but wouldnt mind seeing Ole Miss make a run at it.

Lets go UNC. I am not an MLB fan sine 90% of them are on roids...but I like college. UNC is coached by the guy who was the coach at my old college. During my junior/senior year UNC grabbed him up from my tiny little DIII college becuase of his 20+ years of an amazing reputation. Now he has done the same for UNC...2 chapnionship games in a row is not bad.

Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, and LSU went 2-0 and are through to the CWS.
(Louisville, Florida St., and Rice went 0-2 and are out.)

Ole Miss and Virginia each won a game in their series and the deciding game is tomorrow.

Texas, Southern Miss, Arizona St., and UNC are all 1-0 with game 2s on Sunday.
(TCU, Florida, Clemson, and East Carolina are 0-1)

UNC is in, East Carolina is out.

As often is the case, two of my three alma maters are in it -- Texas (1) and Fullerton (2). As between the two, I'm rooting for Texas -- I like that degree better.

As often is the case, two of my three alma maters are in it -- Texas (1) and Fullerton (2). As between the two, I'm rooting for Texas -- I like that degree better.

What's the third?

There's no point in my ever paying attention to college sports. Any athletes at Pocket Protector U. would play sports too geekily obscure for the Olympics.

What's the third?

There's no point in my ever paying attention to college sports. Any athletes at Pocket Protector U. would play sports too geekily obscure for the Olympics.

Texas A&M. Gig 'em.

Out:
Cal State Fullerton (0-2)
Southern Miss (0-2)
Virginia (1-2)

Still in:

LSU (2-0)
Texas (2-0)
Arkansas (2-1)
UNC (1-1)
Arizona State (1-1)

Arkansas defeated Virginia tonight in 12 innings. Arkansas now plays LSU on Friday and must beat the Tigers twice to advance to the Championship series.

UNC vs. ASU Thursday in an elimination game. Winner plays Texas on Friday, and must beat the Longhorns twice to advance to the Championship series.

LSU just spanked Arkansas 14-5.
Arkansas is eliminated and LSU advances to the Championship Series.

LSU will play either Texas or Arizona St. in a best of 3 series.

LSU just spanked Arkansas 14-5.
Arkansas is eliminated and LSU advances to the Championship Series.

LSU will play either Texas or Arizona St. in a best of 3 series.

You were just looking for an excuse to say, "spanked."

Texas and ASU tied going into the top of the 9th.

ASU scores a run. Bottom of the 9th, Texas down by one. First batter out. Second batter hits a solo HR to tie the game. Third batter out. Fourth batter hits a solo HR. Texas wins.

Texas wins 4-3 and will face LSU in a best of 3 series for the national championship:

Game 1: Monday 7pm ET ESPN
Game 2: Tuesday 7pm ET ESPN
Game 3: Wednesday 7pm ET ESPN (if necessary)

Texas and ASU tied going into the top of the 9th.

ASU scores a run. Bottom of the 9th, Texas down by one. First batter out. Second batter hits a solo HR to tie the game. Third batter out. Fourth batter hits a solo HR. Texas wins.

Texas wins 4-3 and will face LSU in a best of 3 series for the national championship:

Game 1: Monday 7pm ET ESPN
Game 2: Tuesday 7pm ET ESPN
Game 3: Wednesday 7pm ET ESPN (if necessary)

What a game!! Just saw the highlights on ESPN. Woo-hoo.

LSU topped Texas 7-6 in 11 innings yesterday. If LSU wins tonight, they win the CWS and national championship. If Texas wins, the Longhorns and Tigers will face off one last time on Wednesday to decide the champion.

After a rain delay, Texas defeats LSU 5-1 in Game 2, and Texas starter Taylor Jungmann pitches a 5-hit complete game.

Congrats Harry! I really don't follow the CWS but for you, GO TEXAS! hehe

Back