Weekend of June 20-21

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Wow! I beat Smallie to it!

I need to get some serious range work in, which will be interesting with the iffy weather. Hubby is off mountain* climbing with his best friend, so I may have to park the kids at the movies and go to the yucky commerical range, which at least has covered stalls.

*If the Adirondacks qualify.

If the weather stays good, I'll be trying to play at Baytree National on Saturday morning. No plans yet for that afternoon or Sunday yet.

I'm headed out tonight to the hunting lease with buddies for a workday on Saturday, then cigars, lies and steaks in the evening.

Sunday I'm headed out to the Farm, going to try to get some work done. I'll head to the house Sunday evening late.

I'll be camped out right here on Saturday morning. Nothing golfing related this weekend except for trying to sneak in a couple minutes of the Open and a little while right here.

I have a 9:07 tee time in the morning. I'll catch some of the Open as well. Sunday, I'm probably going to check out a driving range I've never been to before (I have a coupon for a BOGO on a jumbo bucket), so why not.

Change in plans. My fiance is doing updos for 9 women in a wedding Saturday morning. So I'll be sitting home and golfing either Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

Maybe I can get her to come with...:angel:

Have a 1:30 tee time at Fire Ridge in Grafton on sunday, tomorrow I may just hit a couple par 3 courses again.

Our rainout from 3 weeks ago is tomorrow at RTJ-Schoolmaster..............
Chance of Rain - 0%
Chance of 98* temps with 105* Realfeel - 100%

Gonna be a scorcher....

GG is working today so I am going to go to the range and work with 2 people for the wedge shoot out. Getting down to the wire and want to make sure we can get everybody in at a reasonable time. Sunday is our day to clean and do food shopping for the week.

Last night the girlfriend and I went out for dinner and then this morning we went to the farmer's market.
Later today we are headed to the driving range and then we are going to this local Polish festival. They have all kinds of yummy Polish food, Polish drinks and all kinds of cool stuff. It should be a great time.

Last night the girlfriend and I went out for dinner and then this morning we went to the farmer's market.
Later today we are headed to the driving range and then we are going to this local Polish festival. They have all kinds of yummy Polish food, Polish drinks and all kinds of cool stuff. It should be a great time.

I am officially jealous. It's things like that that make me miss WI during the summertime. :sad:

Yay--found a theatre playing movies the kids wanted to see (different movie for each kid, but at fairly close starting times), let them each bring a friend for company, and then headed to the range. I had to go to the yucky commercial one, because it has covered bays. Finally getting some of these swing changes into muscle memory. I still need to get my hip around faster, but it's coming.

Quiet day today. Cleaned up around the place, and moved my clubs from the Taylormade back into the Ogio bag now that both my towels have been through the laundry after the great downpour and resulting mud that I wiped on them. Refilled the ball pouch with a fresh dozen e7+.

Hit Barnes & Noble this afternoon and then the grocery store. Pretty much a quiet day at home, and it's too damned hot outside to go golfing this afternoon unless someone installs a mist system on the cart.

You should have jumped in the car Osahar and been here for a round tomorrow morning...hehe

You should have jumped in the car Osahar and been here for a round tomorrow morning...hehe

Damn that's tempting....

Going to try and be at one of the local courses at opening time tomorrow, see if they'll let me either sneak in with an early group or maybe even get out before the first foursome.

The offer still stands, we could be out at the 7:15 tee time...hehe

I am officially jealous. It's things like that that make me miss WI during the summertime. :sad:
Not to rub it in or anything, but it was a great day! :D

Saturday I played Hampshire Greens in MD. It was my big chance to play a full 18 holes while Wifey watched the little toe head. Sadly, weather came through -- thunder, lightning, buckets and buckets of rain -- while we were moving from 14 to 15. So we sought cover in the cart under some overhanging trees and waited. Eventually the lightning passed (for the most part :D), but not the rain, so we started heading back to the clubhouse. When we got to 18, though, the rain stopped. So we played 18, then drove back to 17 and played it as well. Every shot was out of casual water, but so what. Then the downpour commenced again so we had to call it. Regardless, I had a great time, even though I only got through 16 holes. My driver was fairly solid for a change, and my 3W was smoking hot. Too bad my short irons and putter were bad.

Today we did a F's Day brunch, and now I'm getting ready to mow the lawn and buy provisions for the week.

Back