Bad eyesight and putting

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
I think I found an issue with my ability to putt effectively.
I will explain a bit; I can't seem to tell if I am lined up for a putt when I am over the ball and the putt is outside of 5 feet. A 10-12 foot putt is just pure luck if I make it.
Here is the weird part I am money on 20 footers or longer, almost always inside the leather.
I do wear progressive lenses and here is my putting routine.
Stand behind the ball and line up the putt and try and pick an area 2-3 foot in front of the ball and take some practice strokes.
Move up to the ball and take my stance: Boom I totally loose the line and feel like I am at least 2 inches off one way or the other.

What I have tried that helped is opening way up on my stance so both eyes can see the hole, but this makes it tough to make a steady straight stroke. Any suggestions, I may have to start closing one eye once I figure out which one is FUBAR.

Try playing right handed.

No, seriously, it's difficult playing with progressives. I tell patients to either use single vision lenses, contact lenses or, there is a special way to make a bifocal so that it is not in your way when addressing the ball. It is golf specific and works well.

Use the line on the ball.

Posted via tapatalk.

I think I found an issue with my ability to putt effectively.
I will explain a bit; I can't seem to tell if I am lined up for a putt when I am over the ball and the putt is outside of 5 feet. A 10-12 foot putt is just pure luck if I make it.
Here is the weird part I am money on 20 footers or longer, almost always inside the leather.
I do wear progressive lenses and here is my putting routine.
Stand behind the ball and line up the putt and try and pick an area 2-3 foot in front of the ball and take some practice strokes.
Move up to the ball and take my stance: Boom I totally loose the line and feel like I am at least 2 inches off one way or the other.

What I have tried that helped is opening way up on my stance so both eyes can see the hole, but this makes it tough to make a steady straight stroke. Any suggestions, I may have to start closing one eye once I figure out which one is FUBAR.

Hotled - "cliff clavin - tid bit of trivia" - the person who started SeeMore Putter Company was blind in one eye. By using the red dot and two white lines - he was comfortable lining up his putt and trusting his stroke. If you get a chance take a look or contact us for any questions.

I know without a doubt my eyesight is an issue with not only putting but also with ball position in my stance. I wear no line bi-focals and also have a cataract in one eye, which will have to be extracted in the near future.

Hotled - "cliff clavin - tid bit of trivia" - the person who started SeeMore Putter Company was blind in one eye. By using the red dot and two white lines - he was comfortable lining up his putt and trusting his stroke. If you get a chance take a look or contact us for any questions.

Sorry I can't afford a seemore putter but wish I could, I would be the only one playing one at my home course lol.

Are you picking an area or spot 2'-3' on your line. Try picking a spot 6'' - 1' in front of your ball on the line you want the putt to start and use the line on the ball (as Hawk stated).
I don't even look at the ball any longer when I putt. I pick a spot 1"-2" in front of the ball and watch the ball roll over that spot. It serves two purposes, 1.) it ensures I am hitting the ball on my intended line and 2.) it ensures I keep my body still/head down (not pulling up) which causes me to push my putts.

Good Luck!

will be trying all the above suggestions thanks for the input.

seemoreputters- like I said I can't afford your putters even at 150.00
I'm sure they are great everyone here says so, my bank account says I can't though. I am also left handed I saw the blade I think it was RH only but I may be mistaken.

Back