What is your most gratifying shot?

IMO, nothing feels better than holing a difficult and/or long putt that matters. Whether it's to win a hole, save par/bogey or make a birdie/eagle, it's the most gratifying experience on the golf course.

Bombing a drive is also pretty cool, though.

Of your options, I would say a long putt for par or better would be the best for me. However, my favourite shot is when I have to move the ball around an obstacle (usually tree of course), and it works to perfection. Normally this means a recovery shot that goes on the green and leaves a chance to save par or better. Combine the 2 and you have a momentum building hole :)

My idea is as follows:

2. A great second shot which if it doesn't go straight in, gives you a decent shot at a birdie or eagle.

3. A decent holed putt following a wedge from either the bunker or just off the green. A solid up and down!

4. A great putt holed from a difficult position on the green.

1. A great tee-shot with a driver or FW which has both good distance and accuracy - perhaps even it lands pretty much where you wanted!

This is a recipe to score a decent score :)

2. Nothing like an approach shot to gimme range to make you smile.

Also putting because it's something I've been working hard on and it's nice to see some pay off

slight fiffy to #3

3. A decent holed putt following a chutt from just off the green. A solid up and down!

For me the most gratifying shot is the approach shot. In many instances that is the shot that can make or break the hole. It is a great feeling to hit a crisp shot and see the ball dancing around the hole just a few feet away. Even if you hit a less than perfect drive, the second can always make up for it.

I've come to expect good drives from myself the majority of the time so I when I hit a good one it isn't as gratifying since it is expected. The tricky putt most of the time is luck so while it feels good, I don't walk away feeling better about myself, just luckier. The up-and-down is about the same as driving for me. It is almost expected when the situation comes up. I don't feel overly excited if it happens since I expect to always get up and down, but I most of the time I don't walk away feeling disappointed if I don't since I know it won't happen every time.

Most satisfying for me would probably be the approach shot. I love being dialed in with the irons.

But there is a strong case for the others as well. My tee shots often dictate my round. If those get off for me, I totally lose it and my score is usually gone. On the other hand, I have made a commitment to practicing my short game this season, so making up-and-downs and/or holing putts really feels great and makes me think the work is paying off.

Gotta go with #2
Then #3 - #1 - #4

For me it has to be the great 2nd (or 3rd shot on par 5s.) shot into the green that gives me a good chance at a birdie. I have a dependable drive. Even if my drive is not perfect, a good 2nd shot is what I want.

From your list of have to say a long putt. There is nothing better than getting the read, speed a f stroke down on a long putt.

But my most gratifying shot would have be any shot I imagine and pull off like the picture in my mind.

I always have the best feeling when I get up and down. Followed closely by a nice approach shot.

#1 I get the most satisfaction out of hitting a great tee shot. Working the ball the way I want & getting some good distance gives me the most confidence in my game.

Just give it alittle Tapatalk

For a while I would have said tee shot but recently it has to be a nice wedge shot that sets me up for a putt. My wedge play has been so inconsistent and i am really trying to improve that part of my game. My last round I was fixing alot of ball marks which is a small feat but gratifying none the less.

Wow, this is a hard one.

I'd say for me it has to be a great chip or pitch to get up and down. Nothing builds confidence like an up and down.

Hitting iron shots within 5-6 feet for GIRs is high up for me. Any sort of 1 putt is just about as gratifying. 1 putts go a long way to righting wrongs.

4. Nothing puts a smile on my face like draining a 25 foot double breaker!

Considering my game at the moment, I don't hit a lot of good tee shots with my driver, and only a few more with my 3 wood, so I'll take a beautiful tee shot whenever I can get it!

stiffing a 3/4 wedge shot one hop and stop style. Love that shot

By far my favorite and most skilled shot of my life. Two weeks ago I was left of the fairway on my drive and had some big, tall pines between me and the green. I was thinking about a video I recently watched on how to hit a big draw with an iron. So I would have to hit a big draw around the right side of these trees but there was also a large deciduous tree right in front of the green and so had to clear over that too. I set up and took the shot and to my amazement, my ball drew right around those wicked ol pines, over the leafy tree and landed about 15 feet from the cup. All I could do was look around to see if ANYBODY had seen my amazing shot! Nope. Nobody. Just me. Cracked me open a beer and finished the hole with a two putt par.

Back