2013 Morgan Cup Selection Thread - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK MC vets.... where should I look to fly to if not MB directly?

Wilmington, NC, Charleston, SC , Columbia, SC. Are all options. Wilmington is probably closest. US Air flys to Wilmington through Charlotte.

I flew Delta last year to Atlanta and then on the MB....they were enlarging the airport in MB when we were there last year to add more airlines but don't know if it will be finished by July or not

Not a veteran, but it might also be worth at least looking at flights into Charlotte. If it was dramatically cheaper and you don't mind a long drive (4 hours), it might be worth it. However, if it's only say $150 different, it definitely wouldn't be worth it, especially if you weren't planning on renting a car.

Flying into Myrtle is the best bet, paying for a rental car that you won't need is silly. I'm certain they'll be ample ground transportation available.

I'm toats mcgoats driving to the MC.

TT on iPad

And there will be plenty of people like Thainer and others that will be driving and you can hitch rides with.

just a little something i threw together

I found it cheaper to fly into Wilmington, NC ( ILM) & rent a car for the hour drive to Myrtle. You can look for the flight to Florence, SC. Raleig(RDU)has Southwest, but a much longer drive...

Well the 2013 Morgan cup selections have come to a close. As a newer member here at THP I wasn’t really sure what this “event” was all about. I read through the threads from last year and thought I had a handle on the what. When the announcement was made for the deadline to enter this event I pretty much thought I was going to just sit back and observe. Along came my son “youngbuck”, he said dad you need to put in a video cause how awesome would it be to be able to get in. That started me thinking about doing it. I started following the thread leading up to the submissions, and the one thing I remember is the amount of people that were pushing for people to submit. And were so supportive about helping one another. I was totally clueless on what it was a judge would be looking for, or what were the magic words to put together to have any chance. So I sat down with my IPAD and took about 100 takes for each video. I was then that I started to feel how important this was to me. The nerves were obviously telling me something, why was I nervous? Was it that I didn’t want people to think I was some kind of idiot? No, really what was going through my mind is that I had hoped that by doing this I would be accepted into something that fuels the passion that I have for this game. I wanted to be accepted as a member of THP, and that somehow it was a way to validate me as a golfer amongst the unknowns on the Internet. What I didn’t realize at the time is that obviously my videos were off base, and I’m somewhat thankful for that. The lesson that I learned through out the week of Nerves, Excitement, and the daily rejection was unbelievable. I wasn’t a flashy saying, or cool camera work, or cute kids getting the members in. It was heart, conviction, perseverance, and the ability to convey those traits unconditionally. Further, in order to be accepted with THP the only thing required was to offer myself, enjoy the friends I’ve already made, and look forward to more friendships being formed. As the Morgan Cup 2013 journey continues I will be there to witness it, and continue to learn from all that have been selected. To all of you that have been selected Congrats, and Thank You from the bottom of my heart for teaching so much more than you realize. I will do my part to help ensure that there are more Morgan Cups in the future, and I hope that everyone will join me

Wonderful. I look forward to meeting you in Myrtle Beach or sooner.

Tmex flew here and we road tripped it with my brother.

Congrats to the last three Morgan Cuppers!

I have taken the time to watch all the videos posted tonight and I am sure glad I wasn't one of the judges because I would not have been able to narrow it down. I hope those that didn't make it are able to get over the heartache and participate in all the other THP events.

Did I miss the spirit hands?

Eff me, I even made a mental note for it, the clock timer got me. If I'm on team albatross, first video will include them

just a little something i threw together

Well done Mike, and it is about Dan long. WT Activate! I sure hope you two are on different teams, otherwise I think the thread might be one/two sided...lol

Eff me, I even made a mental note for it, the clock timer got me. If I'm on team albatross, first video will include them
Heard that before. Cant believe I didnt even get spirit hands out of this.

Heard that before. Cant believe I didnt even get spirit hands out of this.

Dude its been a long day, u got my # could have reminded me.

My video doesn't convey how pumped I am for this, its unreal

Dude its been a long day, u got my # could have reminded me.

My video doesn't convey how pumped I am for this, its unreal
Of the 792 texts we have had this week, you think it would have come up.

The best part? Mike has to go a Mo all month now hahahaha! YUSS!!!!!

As soon as I walked in, got a hug and wife said can't wait for the mo

Tmex flew here and we road tripped it with my brother.

Gaggles of women must have been chasing that vehicle down the highway.

Kevin

I believe this video sums up my night:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back