I hear you there. I think in a few years we will have an RV, I would rather have an RV instead of a 5th wheel because I don't want to buy a truck to pull it.
I've already got the truck. 3500 dodge dually.

I've already got the truck. 3500 dodge dually.
Nice, I actually have a truck as well, but don't put insurance on it as I don't want to pay for the gas. Its a Ford F-350 V10

I hear you there. I think in a few years we will have an RV, I would rather have an RV instead of a 5th wheel because I don't want to buy a truck to pull it.

Im with you, plus, when you travel, you have the entire area while driving.

I actually bounced this off Tracy the other night and she was surprisingly interested. I think next summer we are going to one out for a spin.

I actually bounced this off Tracy the other night and she was surprisingly interested. I think next summer we are going to one out for a spin.

I better not let GG see this post....I know she can think of one that you could pick up for a steal. :D

I better not let GG see this post....I know she can think of one that you could pick up for a steal. :D
Lol, she'll change her mind after September. It will be such a part of her.

My family has camped in tents, pop-campers, travel trailers, and fifth wheels. Never made it to the full on RV.

While I'll always enjoy the memories of low impact backpacking trips, I think my fitness level and interests are more suited for the luxury of trailer camping these days. At least until my son gets to the proper age for Scouts.

Lol, she'll change her mind after September. It will be such a part of her.

I am a creature of habit and structure. The RV life does not really fit into that lifestyle. I do it for work, and because JB loves it, but if I had my choice I would be home. Nothing against the RV or the lifestyle, it just isn't my ideal situation.

How to Empty the Tanks

How to Empty the Tanks

That sounds like fun, for some reason I expected it to be a nasty process haha

That sounds like fun, for some reason I expected it to be a nasty process haha

Me too dude. There is really nothing to it. Just pull a lever and then clean it out.

I was kind of disappointed you didn't do a Cousin Eddie! haha.

(No picture needed!)

Alright, so its not an RV but today I bought a 1978 Coleman Tent trailer so that we can do some more family traveling. I wanted a tent trailer for now, as we can use it for travelling long distances, say to California or Oregon for the weekend, or little family trips close to home, plus we can pull it with any car.

Now I will post these first pics as I have a ton of work to do on it which I will be starting this weekend and I will post the after pics and pics as I go along.

tenttrailer2.jpg

tenttrailer3.jpg

Camperpicture.jpg

Check out popupportal.com. It is to tent trailers what THP is to golf. Great people and tons of great info, especially on your project. I hope you enjoy your tent trailer as much as we enjoy our 2003 Coleman Sante Fe!

I want.

rugeqyry.jpg

I knew with all of the tweets that this thread would be bumped...looks very nice, JB.

The outside looks like this. Its still over 20 feet long and has great features.

SPlateau.jpg

Definitely looks easier on the gas mileage!

Wow how amazing that would be, THP Tour Van mini

The outside looks like this. Its still over 20 feet long and has great features.

SPlateau.jpg

Sprinters are sweet!

Sprinters are sweet!

This was a 2013, so it was a little pricey as you could imagine. But I was shocked with how roomy it was. Plus 17mpg compared to 4 or os is pretty appealing.

This was a 2013, so it was a little pricey as you could imagine. But I was shocked with how roomy it was. Plus 17mpg compared to 4 or os is pretty appealing.
I bet it was appealing!

Diesel or gas?

White Rhino might get his West Coast trip with that bad boy!

Wow 17mpg is awesome

JB would you pick up a trailer to tow behind for hauling all the equipment if you were to get something this size?

Back