What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had all 13 clubs re gripped ..

So far just about 3 hours. I put in a magnetic closure. It's still a little sloppy but once I clean it up it's gonna be great. I like the material's I used and I have enough left over for my hybrids and maybe my driver total cost for custom handmade leather head covers. $65.00 not bad for a full set.

not bad at all, did you buy the material or catch it yourself haha

Got to the range today. Hit some PW and 8's well. Did a good bit of chipping and felt pretty good about it. Unfortunately, got chased by a thunderstorm. I was wanting to use every single last ray of sunlight before the time change.

I went to dicks this morning on my way home from work and compared my R9 to an R11s. Gained about 17 yards but they only have a launch monitor but its didn't give me side spin. And I'm not sold on paying $27 a yard for the increased distance. I had a good number on swing speed 104 and ball speed of 147 with optimum of 157 spin rates of 2337 but that I'm not sure of cause I didn't get side spin numbers. My total distance was 271 and carry of 254 with a launch angle of 13.6. The numbers were about the same with my R9 except distances. Gonna try and get to Golf Galaxy and get on their monitors and see if I can get some better info

I went to dicks this morning on my way home from work and compared my R9 to an R11s. Gained about 17 yards but they only have a launch monitor but its didn't give me side spin. And I'm not sold on paying $27 a yard for the increased distance. I had a good number on swing speed 104 and ball speed of 147 with optimum of 157 spin rates of 2337 but that I'm not sure of cause I didn't get side spin numbers. My total distance was 271 and carry of 254 with a launch angle of 13.6. The numbers were about the same with my R9 except distances. Gonna try and get to Golf Galaxy and get on their monitors and see if I can get some better info

dang that sucks you didn't have the side spin rates. But those numbers look great. what loft did you try out? 10.5? According to the guy I was working with at dicks when I was hitting the r11s last week, a great launch angle for me was 11* and I was hitting some great drives. I wonder if you would gain more distance from truning down the loft a bit. I don't know just saying.

That's the cool thing about the R11 and R11s, the fact that one could mess around and experiment with it whenever lol bu it's expensive

Played golf with Goalie Dave. Okay, truth be told I watched him play golf and I hacked it all over the darn place. I started pressing and couldn't hit an iron shot to save my life. Posted a tie for my worst score of the year. :banghead:

I left the course and headed to the range and just took my PW & 8i.

I started hitting it a little better after I found the right rhythm. I think I've been trying to really "control" my swing on the course and have focused more on the swing than anything. I really hope I'm right and I'll get to test it out tomorrow because I'm playing again.

Looking forward to keep working towards the swing change to where it just comes natural.

First time I've played with a fellow THPer.

I played golf this morning with some new friends before the pro tournament at our club kicked off at 1:00 p.m. They had the greens extremely fast and the pins marked for tomorrow will be brutal. I got to play with one of the pros yesterday, for nine holes during his practice round and it was a blast!

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Played golf with Goalie Dave. Okay, truth be told I watched him play golf and I hacked it all over the darn place. I started pressing and couldn't hit an iron shot to save my life. Posted a tie for my worst score of the year. :banghead:

I left the course and headed to the range and just took my PW & 8i.

I started hitting it a little better after I found the right rhythm. I think I've been trying to really "control" my swing on the course and have focused more on the swing than anything. I really hope I'm right and I'll get to test it out tomorrow because I'm playing again.

Looking forward to keep working towards the swing change to where it just comes natural.

First time I've played with a fellow THPer.

dude it's the Morgan Cup emotions and thoughts distracting you lol

I took iron lessons this morning and then carried that information out to play 18 because my 5-6-7 have totally left me, I was shanking and all kinds of crap.
Instructor said take 10 practice swings after watching me hit 10 shots.
He said my warmup swing is pretty darn good but I was attacking the ball and hitting at it instead of letting the club do the work.
I was tensing up because I was struggling so much, he also had me hold the angle and lag a tad longer than I usually do.
The best thing he did was have me get over the ball and then shoved me from the target side and I didn't move an inch. I had all my weight on my front side because I was tensing up trying to kill the ball.
After 45 minutes of swinging and instruction he started letting me hit a ball again. It was truly night and day difference.
I hit a 5 iron 5 times straight 190 yards 10 feet from the 200 marker.
My 7 iron was dead on again at 155-160. I guess sometimes we all just need a reminder to relax and slow things down a bit- to bad we gotta pay for it lol!

Went to the range today and worked on my driver and wedges. I really have been struggling with my grip, I've been getting too strong. Today I really focused on gripping the club and not turning my hand at address. I also was really working on weight transfer with the wedges and getting my weight forward on my downswing. Overall it was a good session, hit about 100 balls total.

dang that sucks you didn't have the side spin rates. But those numbers look great. what loft did you try out? 10.5? According to the guy I was working with at dicks when I was hitting the r11s last week, a great launch angle for me was 11* and I was hitting some great drives. I wonder if you would gain more distance from truning down the loft a bit. I don't know just saying.

That's the cool thing about the R11 and R11s, the fact that one could mess around and experiment with it whenever lol bu it's expensive

It was a 9 degree but I'm not sure if he upped it to 10.5 to match my driver I know he tweaked with it so I'm assuming he did. I agree they are expensive!

I will make it to golf galaxy and see of I can get better numbers dicks wasn't the most cooperative of place.

I went to the range and took some video of my swing and sent to a good friend to be looked at. I am sure if it was a term paper, it would have red marks all over it.

I played Cinnabar Hills in San Jose, CA (the Mountain and Canyon nines). Played my best golf in a month shot an 85 (41 & 44). Got off the tee and putted really well. Had a lot of fun playing a new course with my newly shafted irons. Loved the feel of the KBS Tours. It was a great day. Looks like I will get out again next Sunday. I hope to get to the range a couple of times this week.

Just played 9 holes with my buddy jason, it was a fun morning, made some goof shots.

read half of Easier said than done by Dr Rick Jensen and did 200 practice reps of a proper back swing

Played 18 today. Played as a single and had a nice relaxing round. Occasionally hit 2 balls from some spots but always played the first for my score.

Demo'd the Cleveland classic 310 with the Kusala 61s. Shows some great potential of being in the bag.

Today was the first day in months that I feel the love of the game coming back big time. I actually practiced with my 58* wedge in the yard and lusted over irons online. I'm really wanting new irons all of the sudden but I have no idea what kind I want. I hit the ball so high that I wonder if I need game improvement instead of these super game improvement irons. Who knows but at least I'm feeling that burning desire for the game again.

That's great KB! Christmas is coming ya know...

:)

Shipped out the clubs that I sold yesterday. Hoping to get a short game session in after work focused on the 588 RTX wedge.

Played 18 holes with Mitch. I always have fun playing with him and always learn so much About life and what's important. Had fun and shot a nice 79 with 2 doubles. 40* and windy, not bad!

Played 18 holes with Mitch. I always have fun playing with him and always learn so much About life and what's important. Had fun and shot a nice 79 with 2 doubles. 40* and windy, not bad!
Those things dont compute for me, 40* + Windy = Not bad? Hehe

Those things dont compute for me, 40* + Windy = Not bad? Hehe

You would of loved the conditions I played in last Sat. War, 35*, Windy, Rain/Sleet.

I enjoyed it, it really wasn't that bad out weather wise. I thought it was a great time.

Went to store and looked at used clubs. now pondering a high loft driver combo to mess with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back