Asian Amateur Championship

Acmike

Reaction score
Just finished watching the AAC and a 14 year old ( just turned 14 last week) won it at -15 and he gets an entry into next years Masters. His name is Guan from China, he couldn't even reach the par 4 18th the first three days. The eighteenth played 470-490, on the final round he got up and down to win the championship by 1. He has an unreal short game and at least during this tournament he was as cool as they come, led from start to finish. The Aussies/New Zealanders were outdriving him by 50-60 yards on average.

It was refreshing to see someone so young to accomplish so much and with poise.

That dude had like three chip ins in the third round. His short game is unbelievably good.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

2 chip ins and one pitch in from about 40 yards, he never flinched. The 17th is one of 2 island holes in the world, he stuck it to about 15 feet. His goal is not to win a major but to win the Slam.

I can't wait to see him play Augusta.

I believe he is wearing Sligo.

Yeah I think so, same design last 3 days just different colors....but since he is from China I am sure his clubs are copies...lol.

What if the unbelievable, and unthinkable happened and the kid won at Augusta. Do green jackets come in kids sizes?

Joking aside he will be someone I'll want to watch on Day 1 at The Masters.

I'm not too excited to see him at the Masters. I bet it gets ugly. He doesn't hit it very far and although his short game is really good, the Masters is something else. I really hope he does well because that would be awesome, but I just don't see it.

Back