Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that Oregon has going for them is that it will be a home game.

I didn't realize the Pac (whatever it is now) was doing the championship game onsite. That's a pretty sweet reward.

I didn't realize the Pac (whatever it is now) was doing the championship game onsite. That's a pretty sweet reward.
They did it last year, remember when UCLA played in it last year with a 6-6 record?

Hey colt, when's gruden get announced as our next coach?

That guy has it made. I couldn't see him coming back to the sidelines, at UT of all places. Bring Fulmer back :)

I love the Gruden rumors...haha.

That guy has it made. I couldn't see him coming back to the sidelines, at UT of all places. Bring Fulmer back :)

I don't know that I believe the Gruden talk either but there sure are a lot of people around here that believe it. I don't know if I even want him. Is he a long term solution? If he starts winning and then leaves, how are we any better off than we are now?

I don't know that I believe the Gruden talk either but there sure are a lot of people around here that believe it. I don't know if I even want him. Is he a long term solution? If he starts winning and then leaves, how are we any better off than we are now?

Couldn't one say that about any coach nowadays? Anybody taking a program to winning is a good solution. Winning = recruiting and money.

I think Kirk Ferentz is one coach who flies under the radar when he should be on the hot seat. Iowa has done very little with some decent recruiting classes AND they seem to always have off the field issues. The wave of momentum seems to really be shifting to ISU.

Couldn't one say that about any coach nowadays? Anybody taking a program to winning is a good solution. Winning = recruiting and money.

You're probably right and what I want probably isn't feasible in today's culture, but man do I long for the days of stability and relevance. It's been some time since I can say we had/were either of those.

This play still hurts me to watch. Game changer. This doesn't happen, ND is no longer top 5.

PittPi_original.gif

This play still hurts me to watch. Game changer. This doesn't happen, ND is no longer top 5.

Unfortunately that same type thing could be said for many different games across many different sports every year.

Unfortunately that same type thing could be said for many different games across many different sports every year.
Mmmhmm! It's terribly unfortunate. What's done is done, but I was the saltiest person at the time of that call haha.

Never...

Although I'd like to steal Strong from Louisville... I think

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Mmmhmm! It's terribly unfortunate. What's done is done, but I was the saltiest person at the time of that call haha.

When Terrance Codey blocked not one but two game winning field goals in 2009 I think my shrieks of pain were heard for miles around. I was heartbroken for quite a long time.

I love the Gruden rumors...haha.

Yeah. If he's not taking a ton of pro money there is no way he's taking college money.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Yeah. If he's not taking a ton of pro money there is no way he's taking college money.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

SEC money is almost as much as NFL money these days. lol I think Saban makes north of 5mil a year and Belichick is around 7 (I think, I guess I should research that to be sure...)
I don't think Gruden is going anywhere. He loves his job @ the FFCA.

SEC money is almost as much as NFL money these days. lol I think Saban makes north of 5mil a year and Belichick is around 7 (I think, I guess I should research that to be sure...)
I don't think Gruden is going anywhere. He loves his job @ the FFCA.
I also dont see Gruden as the type that wants to hit the road recruiting.

I'm not saying that I think he's taking the job, but man do these rumors gather steam quickly.

I was told by a friend yesterday that "there are just too many things that make sense about this for it not to be true."

He listed things such as the fact that Gruden was a GA at Tennessee, that his wife is a former cheerleader, and that he owns land/property in east TN (which, surprisingly, is actually true as I looked it up on the TN property website). He supposedly has already agreed to a number somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.5-6.7 million per year. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's definitely interesting.

I'm not saying that I think he's taking the job, but man do these rumors gather steam quickly.

I was told by a friend yesterday that "there are just too many things that make sense about this for it not to be true."

He listed things such as the fact that Gruden was a GA at Tennessee, that his wife is a former cheerleader, and that he owns land/property in east TN (which, surprisingly, is actually true as I looked it up on the TN property website). He supposedly has already agreed to a number somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.5-6.7 million per year. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's definitely interesting.

I wont get into the rumors, but if we go based on stuff like that, would he not already be the coach at Notre Dame or USF? I mean he owns property in both of those areas, lives in one, was pursued by both, has obvious ties to both, etc.

I wont get into the rumors, but if we go based on stuff like that, would he not already be the coach at Notre Dame or USF? I mean he owns property in both of those areas, lives in one, was pursued by both, has obvious ties to both, etc.

Like I said initially, I'm not buying into it and it's only what I've been told by people that really believe he's a lock for our next coach. I think it's all speculation at this point. It's just interesting to me the things that people will pull out to try and prove their points.

Like I said initially, I'm not buying into it and it's only what I've been told by people that really believe he's a lock for our next coach. I think it's all speculation at this point. It's just interesting to me the things that people will pull out to try and prove their points.

Did you see the twitter picture floating around of Gruden on an airplane? The guy that took it was trying to claim that he was watching the Tennessee ball game and frantically jotting down notes while watching. And you know quite obviously that in some crazy Tennessee fans mind there is no way that he could possibly just be trying to enjoy a game while he is writing down notes for his Monday night football commentating...

Did you see the twitter picture floating around of Gruden on an airplane? The guy that took it was trying to claim that he was watching the Tennessee ball game and frantically jotting down notes while watching. And you know quite obviously that in some crazy Tennessee fans mind there is no way that he could possibly just be trying to enjoy a game while he is writing down notes for his Monday night football commentating...

Yeah the friend of mine I spoke with yesterday mentioned that one as well. Even claimed to have knowledge of the conversation that Gruden and the random UT fan had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back