The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does 'kegs' mean? Weights? I assume you don't mean hitting the kegs like in college...

What does 'kegs' mean? Weights? I assume you don't mean hitting the kegs like in college...

Ha, I forget sometimes that the name of the thread has been changed. It was called 'Throwing Kegs at the Pump House'. TC is responsible.

That's correct Pete. Weights are measured in lbs here but everywhere else they are measured in KG's. when I lived in Australia the dudes I lifted with just took the KG's and called them kegs, so we were "throwing kegs", ie, lifting weights.

Took my self to the gym this morning, after a couple of weeks break I really hit it. I'm going to feel so sore tomorrow :) The MC is going get the pumped up version of me!

Took my self to the gym this morning, after a couple of weeks break I really hit it. I'm going to feel so sore tomorrow :) The MC is going get the pumped up version of me!

Nice! The MC can motivate like no other.

Nice! The MC can motivate like no other.

Ain't that true! I started to feel insane on the weekend, mainly from not working out, the week after I got back from Florida I got ill and at same time I was jet lagged, so I had to have break, and it really puts a man down. You know, cranky and you start to get lazy, and with the darkness of the season at the moment it's way too easy to just at home doing nothing. Let's keep on pushing!

I've noticed that recently. When I don't get to work out, I feel like I'm missing out. Madness sets in!

This is what I've got going on this week. I've done day 2 and three already. Back tonight.

Untitled-3.png

I did the 'Bulk Shoulders' and 'Bulk Chest' on Saturday morning. I was a sack of useless all day. I then kicked off week 2 of the bulk phase, with legs. Crazy stuff. Front to back lunges made me cry.

I did Cardio Power and Resistance last night. It was my best night by far of this DVD. I almost made it through the entire workout without stopping during an exercise. It really is amazing how much definition I can see in my triceps and shoulders because of this workout. I believe I have this week and next of the first set of DVDs and then I hit it hard with the "Max" set for the last 30 days

I've noticed that recently. When I don't get to work out, I feel like I'm missing out. Madness sets in!

It is a great feeling when it becomes such a part of your day that you feel just slightly off if you don't workout.

Horrid weekend for drinking and eating for this guy. Back on the train tonight hopefully.

It is a great feeling when it becomes such a part of your day that you feel just slightly off if you don't workout.

It is, but it's also a bit strange to feel almost guilty that you're missing out!

It is, but it's also a bit strange to feel almost guilty that you're missing out!

Just a sign that it is a lifestyle change and not something you are doing for someone else.

My workouts have been lousy lately, just haven't had much motivation. I have been considering switching gyms for change of scenery, which usually works well when people get bored with their workouts, but thats kinda hard to do when I work for a gym. I can't really go work out at another. Well thankfully last week I got offered a job at a new GINORMOUS gym that is opening up closer to my house, so I will be taking my personal training talents there in a couple weeks. I'm pumped out this gym, and I've known the owner for a while. He is a former Mr. North Carolina. This is just what I needed to get myself going again.

My workouts have been lousy lately, just haven't had much motivation. I have been considering switching gyms for change of scenery, which usually works well when people get bored with their workouts, but thats kinda hard to do when I work for a gym. I can't really go work out at another. Well thankfully last week I got offered a job at a new GINORMOUS gym that is opening up closer to my house, so I will be taking my personal training talents there in a couple weeks. I'm pumped out this gym, and I've known the owner for a while. He is a former Mr. North Carolina. This is just what I needed to get myself going again.

Good luck on the move buddy! Anyone leading you who's a former anything in NC is a good place to be.

Just a sign that it is a lifestyle change and not something you are doing for someone else.

Good point. I need to start thinking like that, cos I feel guilty if I'm putting off other things in favour of my workout. Instead, I should prioritise it!

Good luck IN, sounds like a great move for you. :D

Good point. I need to start thinking like that, cos I feel guilty if I'm putting off other things in favour of my workout. Instead, I should prioritise it!

Good luck IN, sounds like a great move for you. :D

That's what it boils down to paulo, making the Pumphouse and priority. We all are busy and we all can come up with excuses not to go, but getting there truly is the hard part.

Joining a 24 hour gym leaves no excuses for not having time

Was suppose to wake up early this morning and finally start my new workout. That was a big fail!

Cant go tonight due to MNF. Guess ill try tomorrow morning

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

TC is extremely motivated and I love seeing his drive/determination. He'll get to where he wants in no time.

Today was a solid full body workout. I've had to miss some time here lately due to golf/work/family functions so the last week or so I've been doing a full body workout every other day or so. Hit it hard Friday, golfed yesterday, and then hit it hard today. My post workout meal was ridiculously good.

Of course it was!

I changed up my routine to include some simple natural resistance leg lifts and I swear I hurt worse now than anytime I've used weights. It's a good hurt, but totally unexpected.

That's what it boils down to paulo, making the Pumphouse and priority. We all are busy and we all can come up with excuses not to go, but getting there truly is the hard part.

I hear ya. Heck all my workouts are in the house, so I just need to clear a space and tell people it's happening.

Joining a 24 hour gym leaves no excuses for not having time

I'd like to do this. Unfortunately there's not one near enough me to make it feasible.

I hear ya. Heck all my workouts are in the house, so I just need to clear a space and tell people it's happening.

I'd like to do this. Unfortunately there's not one near enough me to make it feasible.

How much space do you have? There are a ton of really good at home workout programs. I just found that most of them you need a little bit taller ceiling and a spot for a pullup bar.

How much space do you have? There are a ton of really good at home workout programs. I just found that most of them you need a little bit taller ceiling and a spot for a pullup bar.

I don't do too badly at home, despite the lack of space. If I've got the time, I'll go through one of the p90x workouts and find them pretty manageable in the space I have. It's just sometimes tough having a dog and a wife in the same room as me at the time :D

I just wanted to throw this week's routine into the thread.

Untitled-8.png

I have already done the first 'Bulk Legs' routine. 'Bulk Back' tonight. Then I will probably do shoulders and arms together tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back