Ping G20 vs I20 Driver

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I'm without a driver. I sold my gamer before I bought a new one. In typical Club ho fashion, at this time last week I had 4 drivers.

Anyways, I'm coming for a Ping K15 10.5 with stiff Serrano shaft. Great driver, but way too many hook for me. I know I come from the inside too much, but I'd rather have that than the slice I used to have. So my options are, getting a Ping Go 20 with Profirce VST stiff flex 10.5* stiff, or Ping I20 driver with TFC 700 D 10.5* stiff. Which would you pick? Thanks.

So, I'm without a driver. I sold my gamer before I bought a new one. In typical Club ho fashion, at this time last week I had 4 drivers.

Anyways, I'm coming for a Ping K15 10.5 with stiff Serrano shaft. Great driver, but way too many hook for me. I know I come from the inside too much, but I'd rather have that than the slice I used to have. So my options are, getting a Ping Go 20 with Profirce VST stiff flex 10.5* stiff, or Ping I20 driver with TFC 700 D 10.5* stiff. Which would you pick? Thanks.

If you hit the center of the face consistently and/or have high launch/spin numbers I'd say i20. If your inconsistent or have problems getting height and spin on your drives then G20. There are tons more reasons to buy one or the other but I figure that these are the bigger glaring attributes to the difference between the two of them.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Did your K15 have the draw bias?

G20 = more forgiveness
I20 = more workability, all matte black = sessy

Many on the G20 thread found that driver to be hard to hit left, somewhat more of a straight to right flight pattern was common (which, of course, is the common flight pattern for most right handers); then again even Bubba Watson said something like "This driver doesn't like to draw". Anyway, the G20 is a very forgiving club but I speak from experience in saying it is not so forgiving as to fix a swing flaw.

Thanks guys. I went with the G20. I'm hoping this is a K15 without the lefts...

Let us know how it goes. The G20 is the only thing that was able to move the 910 out of my bag and it was primarily because it cut out the occasionally bout of lefts I had with the 910. Have extensively demo'd the I20 and Anser, both great clubs, but just can't get past the forgiveness of the G20 for my swing.

i have the G20 & love it. Easy to swing & connect; easy on me when I toe one. Let us know what you think along the way.

Back