Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

Played the Hex Chrome Yellow today and shot an 82 with it. I really like this ball but it still has a little more side spin than the NXT-S or the Vision X3 which are at the top of my list right now. The Chrome seems to play very similar to the B330RX to me. It has good distance and feel off the tee but I don't get consistent spin into the green like I do with the NXT-S and X3. This is still a very good ball and will continue to play them until I lose them all. They are a very soft ball off all the clubs which is what I look for just a little too much side spin.

so yesterday I had a great round with the Hex Black. I hit some beautiful tee shots, and I really didn't lose too many balls from too much side spin off the tee. And my drive trajectories were nice and medium. I had some great drives about 250 most of the time and a couple greater than that. On my approach shots, I had just enough spin to stop the ball on the green easily, on 2 of the Par 3s I hit GIR, the ball stopped within a few inches of the divot, and I did spin one back about a foot, but that was all.

There was one hole I missed and hit a rocky area, and another where I hit the same ball on a cart path as well as a rock wall, and the cover did not have any gouges like the prov1x I used to play, the cover is really durable in my experience, I used the same ball for most of the round till I lost it when it got dark.

I have played the Hex Chrome a few more times and it is really starting to grow on me. I think I am going to save them for when I play a course with hard greens as I seem to get a little too much spin with these. I prefer a ball that basically sticks where it hits or rolls out just a hair, with the Chromes I tend to have a lot of long putts.

...with the Chromes I tend to have a lot of long putts.

I have a lot of long putts, too, but it ain't the Chromes or their spin that is the cause, haha. :)

I have played the Hex Chrome a few more times and it is really starting to grow on me. I think I am going to save them for when I play a course with hard greens as I seem to get a little too much spin with these. I prefer a ball that basically sticks where it hits or rolls out just a hair, with the Chromes I tend to have a lot of long putts.

Well if you are comparing the rollout to the e6 you game in your sig then yes, there will be a huge difference. The e6 just rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls..... I'll get back to you when my ball stops.

Well if you are comparing the rollout to the e6 you game in your sig then yes, there will be a huge difference. The e6 just rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls..... I'll get back to you when my ball stops.

I can get the e6's to check pretty good with full iron shots,usually with in a foot or two of where it hits. The Chrome's seem to back up a little more often usually leaving me with a much longer putt. That is what I was getting at.

I can get the e6's to check pretty good with full iron shots,usually with in a foot or two of where it hits. The Chrome's seem to back up a little more often usually leaving me with a much longer putt. That is what I was getting at.

Haha I know I was just messing with ya. I was able to practice a little on 3 holes with them a few days ago, not enough to get a really good feel but I did notice a little extra rollout. It was minimal at best as I usually take a pretty healthy divot so it really didn't bother me.

As for the chrome, I'll probably test it out after I put in a few rounds with the e6.

It's all good. The e6 is a really good ball and I had been overlooking it all year until rghilljr let use one a few weeks ago and I was hooked. I have found the chrome to be just as good you can't go wrong with either ball.

I hit it very thin once and I swear that ball rolled forever. I mean that sucker rolled right off the green and ran through the rough like a small mouse. My reaction :bulgy-eyes:

what do you think of them off the tee?

I think they are great off the tee, I get a ball flight that works for me, it's low enough that the wind doesn't bother it and it's high enough that I get the right amount of distance. And as a low spin player. It seems like it gives me the right amount of spin off the tee. I hit these relatively straight and lost them only when I blocked the ball

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

I use the HEX Chrome, Penta TP3 and the ProV1 and I seem to like the tp3 best, dunno why. Other than that the hex chrome is a great ball.

I think they are great off the tee, I get a ball flight that works for me, it's low enough that the wind doesn't bother it and it's high enough that I get the right amount of distance. And as a low spin player. It seems like it gives me the right amount of spin off the tee. I hit these relatively straight and lost them only when I blocked the ball

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Yeah I'm going to give the Chromes another whirl in the spring I think

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Yeah I'm going to give the Chromes another whirl in the spring I think

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Hanks I prefer the Chrome to the Black.
They seem to play in comparison to the Penta's and Prov1. I've tried the Hex Black and dislike the feel around the Green. For me they seem and sound too firm.

They seem to play in comparison to the Penta's and Prov1. I've tried the Hex Black and dislike the feel around the Green. For me they seem and sound too firm.

I hear ya buddy. I was in the middle of a swing change when I was deciding between the Chrome and the Black for the MC and the Black seemed best for me at that time. The Black is so good off the tee for me that Im ok with a little firm feeling/roll out around the green.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I still play the Black's along side the Pro V1 and B330 and I'm still convinced it's one of the best feeling balls on the market. The B330 performs a little better for me, but the way this ball feels off my club face is second to none.

I hear ya buddy. I was in the middle of a swing change when I was deciding between the Chrome and the Black for the MC and the Black seemed best for me at that time. The Black is so good off the tee for me that Im ok with a little firm feeling/roll out around the green.

It was the added roll out that I wasn't comfortable with and the sound off the wedge was noisy if that makes sense.

It was the added roll out that I wasn't comfortable with and the sound off the wedge was noisy if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense man. Clicky can suck with wedges

Played The HEX Black most of the summer, Best ball out there, there is only 1 other ball i play besides my Hex Black and that the Z-Stars. I'll even say this, Titleist Pro V's have some work to do, To beat this 2 Balls.

noisy like a "click" if so then yeah I agree

Interesting Jim, and it just shows how different players have different "feels"! For me, these seem fine around the greens, and surprisingly, they check damn near as well as a Pro V1... Off the tee I would agree the chrome is a bit softer - but I get too much spin off the tee from it.

I played the Hex Black again today, my iron tee shots and approach shots were great, I got the right amount of spin. There was one par 3 (hole 2), I zeroed the pin at 163 with my Bushnell, and I pulled out my 6 iron and hit it straight as an arrow, the ball landed 4 feet from the hole and rolled out a bit leaving a nice 6 foot putt for birdie, which I am happy I made! This ball was great off the tee, and I didn't lose any balls to side spin, more to blocks and such. I enjoyed playing this ball and need to buy more Hex blacks

8158871780_b8aa5b527d.jpg

I'm still loving the HEX Black. I love the putting and wedge control on them.

They are extremely durable, I've had Titleist balls torn up fast with the same normal play.

They are extremely durable, I've had Titleist balls torn up fast with the same normal play.

Any HEX Black i have put into play has lasted 3 rounds before being lost. Would you believe I had 2 dozen at the MC and still have 8 balls left in my bag. I play once a week somtimes twice. The HEX Black are insane durable

Back