2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
What shafts do you think you would go with? What shafts are in them now?
well...its a random slew...I would change the iron shafts from PX just to try something new. and for the woods I would go away from Diamana just to try something new
it wouldn't be the same as your case exactly, but i'd go back with Cleveland as well. everything about them was phenomenal and their new lines are looking amazing...
well...it would be very different. Bstone doesnt put out a new line every year...so...if they continue with that then they would have the same line as last year.

I think it's telling how incredible of an experience you dudes had with each Company that you would gladly go back with the same OEM. Awesome.

Without a doubt buddy, the sponsors were all amazing last year.

I think it's telling how incredible of an experience you dudes had with each Company that you would gladly go back with the same OEM. Awesome.

it does speak volumes dude.
i envy you as a Cleveland staffer/homer/cheater.

obviously, there's no way you could be at all displeased in getting staffed by any of the 4 companies and i'm excited to have the chance to rep a new one, but i'd go back to Cleveland without question.

well...it would be very different. Bstone doesnt put out a new line every year...so...if they continue with that then they would have the same line as last year.

yeah...exactly what i meant.
but had i been a B-Stone staffer, i'd follow your logic. try out some different shafts, mix up the top and bottom of the set and go with a different putter model as well.

Anyone else constantly checking their PMs?

All the time, but your fan mail doesn't seem to get trough :)

I've been looking all day at OEM websites, and if I ever had an idea of a dream OEM that idea is gone. So many fine clubs & gear everywhere. And don't get me started on the anticipation of knowing which team I will represent, and who my teammates are, damn...I might do a little hop and say yay.

I think I switch OEM's daily....I think one is what I would go with and then find another reason to pick someone else the next day. Each one has been atop my board depending on the day.

I think I switch OEM's daily....I think one is what I would go with and then find another reason to pick someone else the next day. Each one has been atop my board depending on the day.

same with me, and then trying to factor in the unknown is just mind bottling

All the time, but your fan mail doesn't seem to get trough :)

I've been looking all day at OEM websites, and if I ever had an idea of a dream OEM that idea is gone. So many fine clubs & gear everywhere. And don't get me started on the anticipation of knowing which team I will represent, and who my teammates are, damn...I might do a little hop and say yay.

I am almost as excited by this as I am for finding out who my sponsor will be, and I know who is on my team.

I don't even think she needed that. She just needed to not be in her first trimester if I remember.

Mine won't still be pregnant, the baby is due at the beginning of June. Either way I'm sure she will have a blast with the ladies. I mentioned the spa day to her a little bit ago and before I could even get the whole statement out of my mouth she blurted out "I'm in!"

For you past MC'ers, I know you say you'd be happy repping the same company this time around, but wouldn't it be more fun/exciting to rep a different company this go around? I just think it would be cool to change it up and see what repping another company is like.

same with me, and then trying to factor in the unknown is just mind bottling

My thoughts exactly.

For you past MC'ers, I know you say you'd be happy repping the same company this time around, but wouldn't it be more fun/exciting to rep a different company this go around? I just think it would be cool to change it up and see what repping another company is like.

My thoughts exactly.

For me, I honestly don't think it would. Cleveland/Srixon was so awesome to work with, and they will be putting out a new line, it would almost make me feel more like a staffer to stick with a company for multiple years. The flip side of that is of course yes, the excitement of the unknown would be incredibly cool too, which is why you see a lot of us saying we are good either way.

I thought I'd never make it through selection week.

Now I'm not sure how I'm going to make it "Tour Rep First Message" week.

My thoughts exactly.

Not gonna lie, it would be more exciting for me to rep another company since it is likely the Bridgestone offerings will not have changed much, if at all.

Beyond that, it looks like all 3 other sponsors have some new offerings lined up and my excitement is really peaking to see what they have. The few things I have been exposed to have impressed me to say the least.

Not gonna lie, it would be more exciting for me to rep another company since it is likely the Bridgestone offerings will not have changed much, if at all.

Beyond that, it looks like all 3 other sponsors have some new offerings lined up and my excitement is really peaking to see what they have. The few things I have been exposed to have impressed me to say the least.
My thoughts exactly on the question. The demo day opened my eyes to a manufacturer I wasn't previously impressed with.

I like that B-Stone doesn't seem to care about saturating the market yearly. If I were a staffer I'd be secretly hoping for them on the inside even though I'd be stoked about any of them.

Do some research and testing, produce great product, let it run its course for a couple of years while innovating for the next go round, put out another line that is markedly improved! I like the B-Stone way!

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I agree with what Cookie said. I mean no disrespect AT ALL to Bridgestone because they were an amazing sponsor last year and I know they'll be an amazing sponsor again this year. Even if they had a fresh new line coming out I'd still want to experience what it would be like being under another OEM's umbrella if I could. Man Bridgestone was so great in the last Morgan Cup...I can't wait to see what they do for their guys this time around.

I was with Callaway in the first Morgan Cup and I'm again sponsored by Callaway this time around but I expect this go around to be completely unique, not only will they have an entirely new line from 2 years ago the company as a whole has a fresh new direction and I'm very excited to be a part of it!

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I just thought that maybe it would be fun seeing how a different company does things versus the one you had last year. Not that any of them would be bad, just that they do things differently.

Being a Callaway hoe I would give anything to be repping them again this year. With that being said i have a feeling me being Callaway again isn't gonna happen. I am really interested in seeing what the other companies have to offer for 2013

As I play left handed, and therefore some limitations apply, not mental, but club wise, I can say this:

I do have a brand of clubs in mind, and the name of that brand starts with the letter C. :D

can't lie either. of course i want to rep a different company coming back. each company has their own "specialty", so to speak, where they really define themselves and stick out from the others. so it would be nice to experience an entire different set of perks or surprises. but even with 3 OEM's coming back this year, i don't think you'll see the same things. they've learned and will improve on all aspects, because it really shows how much they enjoy the Morgan Cup.

besides, it wouldn't be fair to outfit me with Cleveland gear again...:alien:

Being a Callaway hoe I would give anything to be repping them again this year. With that being said i have a feeling me being Callaway again isn't gonna happen. I am really interested in seeing what the other companies have to offer for 2013

This is really cool. Experienced them once, and you're geared up and ready for more.

I love the variation in thoughts. It really gives me a charge getting ready for my own experiences.

This is really cool. Experienced them once, and you're geared up and ready for more.

I love the variation in thoughts. It really gives me a charge getting ready for my own experiences.

TBH a lot of my reasons for wanting to rep Callaway again would be down to Chad the Cally rep he was amazing the whole weekend. He still stays in contact on twitter with a lot of the guys on here that didn't even rep Callaway this year

I have gone back and forth on whether I would hope to be repped by Callaway again or another great company. Honestly I am really not hoping for one way or another. I can understand why some may want to be with a different company, and because of how awesome we were all represented last year I can see why some guys would hope for the same company. Its going to be great either way, but I am REALLY excited to find out who I will repping either way! I can't wait to hear when we will be finding out!

TBH a lot of my reasons for wanting to rep Callaway again would be down to Chad the Cally rep he was amazing the whole weekend. He still stays in contact on twitter with a lot of the guys on here that didn't even rep Callaway this year

That's awesome. if it's HashtagChad, I can definitely see it, as he interacts with me here and there as well, and gave me a follow which I thought was really cool.

I hope you get them again buddy. Sounds like a wonderful fit.

I love the different point of views. I can definitely see both sides of it now that you guys have responded. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back