Adams Speedline Super XTD Fairway and Idea Super XTD Hybrid

Question. Why did you wait so long to him them? Price? Or because its Adams? Or something else?

I hit the got dang 3W so well Buckjob wondered why I even hit my driver this past Saturday. I think I was something like 3/5 FW's with it but no huge misses.

A couple reasons.. I was enjoying my 3 wood, and focused on the Fast 12 LS at the Adams demo day I went to.. it was disastrous.

Also, I had played the Pro Black hybrid from a couple seasons ago and it was a craaaaaazy hooker for me. I just wasn't pushing to play this club.

..and yeah, the price without question was a hindrance. The used one I was swinging was selling for 150.. I could probably deal with that, but 350? I'd rather not.

Edit; Also, that's awesome man. You were so sold on them you bought two, right?

A couple reasons.. I was enjoying my 3 wood, and focused on the Fast 12 LS at the Adams demo day I went to.. it was disastrous.

Also, I had played the Pro Black hybrid from a couple seasons ago and it was a craaaaaazy hooker for me. I just wasn't pushing to play this club.

..and yeah, the price without question was a hindrance. The used one I was swinging was selling for 150.. I could probably deal with that, but 350? I'd rather not.

Edit; Also, that's awesome man. You were so sold on them you bought two, right?

Well, later I went on eBay and found the 5W for a better deal then the GG store price, which is reduced but still hefty.

Well, later I went on eBay and found the 5W for a better deal then the GG store price, which is reduced but still hefty.

I've got a few hanging out on the bay... A little late in the season for club acquisitions, but we'll see. I'd love to see what a 3w in X would do for me. Fairway finder!!!

If you don't mind me asking. How was the fast 12 LS disasterous for you? Reason I ask is because, I owned a Cleveland Classic 310 with same shaft as yours early in season, and really liked it. I demoed the 12 ls and got about same dispersion and a little better distance, so I went with it. They felt fairly similar to me. Actually, the 310 is the only club I kind of regret selling this year..... Back to the subject, though, I have the XTD 14.5 3W, and it is looong.

I couldn't stop drawing --> hooking everything. It was great on the range at demo day, and then disastrous from there.

In fact, I've tried a few Adams offerings and all are very unforgiving on the outside of center which is where I often strike the clubhead. I could feel the club basically wave open and then shut immediately upon impact.

Certainly not a result of a poorly made club, it just didn't jive with my game.

No doubt. I kind of noticed the same. I draw it too well when I have it set to neutral. I still draw it in the open position, but it is a lot more predictable. The 310 and LS were by far my favorite drivers of the year. I spent a lot of the summer trying to make the razr fit work for me, but the 310 and LS were both, on average, a good 10-15 yards longer than the fit-- due to their crazy delicious ultra low spinness.

That's cool man, because I love my 310. It seems to welcome shots directly on the outside of center.

How do you find the XTD vs your LS? Are the misses similar?

Do not like the Cut out in the top of the Head, the rest is very nice, but my god stop cutting stuff into the top of the head plz.

Do not like the Cut out in the top of the Head, the rest is very nice, but my god stop cutting stuff into the top of the head plz.

Have you swung one? That cut is there for a reason, and surprisingly not all that troubling to the eye at address. Just my opinion though.

I find the speedslot actually helps square up the ball. Not sure what the issue is with it to be honest. And like Dan says its actually functional and has a purpose, according to Adams.

I find the speedslot actually helps square up the ball. Not sure what the issue is with it to be honest. And like Dan says its actually functional and has a purpose, according to Adams.

I agree with Kmac, seems like i hit more shots on the middle , instead of heal/toe

I was shocked at how little the speed slot or whatever it is bothered me, if at all.

It's been a big year for that, for me.. between the Cleveland Classic look, and the XTD, I am having less and less issue with varying top-lines. If it serves a purpose, I say get it on there.

I hit a buddies 3w today. I previously had the XTD hybo in 15* and liked it for a while. That 3w though...scary long.

No doubt about the 3w being long. I went 3w off the tee twice yesterday, to fairly wet fairways, for 258 and 263. Those are big 3w's for me.
Those are some stout 3W numbers. Ive had a few like that too lately. Its not the norm but I sure dont mind it when it does happen.

No doubt about the 3w being long. I went 3w off the tee twice yesterday, to fairly wet fairways, for 258 and 263. Those are big 3w's for me.
Those are some stout 3W numbers. Ive had a few like that too lately. Its not the norm but I sure dont mind it when it does happen.

Are you guys finding that when you do hit them in that nature, the feedback is completely different? When I hit a few bombs in the sim, they felt like a completely different ball.. Like a jelly ball with explosive awesomeness inside.

Are you guys finding that when you do hit them in that nature, the feedback is completely different? When I hit a few bombs in the sim, they felt like a completely different ball.. Like a jelly ball with explosive awesomeness inside.

Jelly ball of explosive awesomeness. haha I cant say that is what came to mind but Ive hit some absolute bombs with the 3W. Thainer even witnessed one which was not all carry and some roll but some wind carry with downhill roll. Still went 290 though and was my longest "drive" of the day.

I have had the Superfairway XTD for some time now. I love the Fubuki shaft. What I dont love is how they set the weights. I took mine back golf galaxy to get repaired because the weights came out. They sent it to Adams and it took 30 days to get it back. Obviously there was a known issue with the epoxy they used for the weights. I got it back, went to play and within two swings the weight came off again. I was irrate. I called Adams this time and a real live person actually answered in about two rings. I told her the situation and she could see that it was just repaired. She was apoligetic and took my name and number down. About an hour later she called me and told me they were sending me out a new one. Hopefully the new one has the good epoxy on it. It doesnt appear that I have to send the old one back to them which is pretty cool. Just so you all know, the superfairway xtd has been disontinued. Mine is the 14.5 by the way. I also have the Fast 12 LS driver with the same shaft in an 8.5 degree. I asked her if there were any known problems with the driver and she told me no. I wasnt happy about it breaking again, but she did tell me that was very rare to happen after a repair was done.

I have had the Superfairway XTD for some time now. I love the Fubuki shaft. What I dont love is how they set the weights. I took mine back golf galaxy to get repaired because the weights came out. They sent it to Adams and it took 30 days to get it back. Obviously there was a known issue with the epoxy they used for the weights. I got it back, went to play and within two swings the weight came off again. I was irrate. I called Adams this time and a real live person actually answered in about two rings. I told her the situation and she could see that it was just repaired. She was apoligetic and took my name and number down. About an hour later she called me and told me they were sending me out a new one. Hopefully the new one has the good epoxy on it. It doesnt appear that I have to send the old one back to them which is pretty cool. Just so you all know, the superfairway xtd has been disontinued. Mine is the 14.5 by the way. I also have the Fast 12 LS driver with the same shaft in an 8.5 degree. I asked her if there were any known problems with the driver and she told me no. I wasnt happy about it breaking again, but she did tell me that was very rare to happen after a repair was done.

Cant say Im all that surprised to hear of QC issues with Adams. And pretty soon I think the whole company could be discontinued if rumors are true. I love both my XTD woods I have in the bag right now. That 5W has been a money club for me lately.

They discontinued the fairway? I wonder why..

Great to hear you're getting taken care of though man, that's what really matters -- And welcome to THP!

If you don't want the old one (even if it doesn't have a weight port), I'll take it off your hands. :angel: I was pretty impressed by the XTD when I hit it on a sim, but don't have the $$$ to game it.

Adams Super XTD Fairway? Good or bad?

Adams Super XTD Fairway? Good or bad?

So I'm a club ho. Just ordered an Adams XTD 14.5 w/ a Fubuki shaft. I purchased this because of the wonderful things I read on other sites. But right after I paid I read a couple bad reviews on here, now I'm trippin'. How are they compared to the RBZ and such? Are they solid? Please help lol.

Can anyone help me on this?

Can someone comment on the shaft flex?? I have read that the Flex plays about 1/2 flex soft??
My driver SS is around 92...
Just wondering if the Stock Reg might be a tad soft??
thx
Bama

Back