Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

Any HEX Black i have put into play has lasted 3 rounds before being lost. Would you believe I had 2 dozen at the MC and still have 8 balls left in my bag. I play once a week somtimes twice. The HEX Black are insane durable

yeah as long as I don't lose them, I've been using the same ball for most of my rounds.

So how does the Black compare to the E6? Which provides less side spin? Or lets ask this simply with which goes straighter?

Thanks.

So how does the Black compare to the E6? Which provides less side spin? Or lets ask this simply with which goes straighter?

Thanks.

well the covers are completely different, one's urethane and the other surlyn. Sure the e6 is straighter, but you lose spin around the green, and in my opinion I like the feel better from the hex black-but the e6 are way cheaper

The E6 is also much lower compression.

They are extremely durable, I've had Titleist balls torn up fast with the same normal play.

I was on the durable bandwagon for the Hex Black until I tore the cover wide open on one this past weekend. First hole, second shot from a fairway bunker. Difficult lie near the lip of a bunker and the wedge impact on the ball sliced it wide open. Had to take it out of play prior to the next shot.

On the flipside, the next ball lasted for the remainder of the 18 holes.

I was on the durable bandwagon for the Hex Black until I tore the cover wide open on one this past weekend. First hole, second shot from a fairway bunker. Difficult lie near the lip of a bunker and the wedge impact on the ball sliced it wide open. Had to take it out of play prior to the next shot.

It's gonna happen now and then. You gotta go off of what you see a majority of the time.

dang, need to cut back on that cut shot, it's slicing the covers off of your ball haha. Just kidding, I play in some pretty rough conditions in the rocky desert and the durability has been pretty good for me.

It's gonna happen now and then. You gotta go off of what you see a majority of the time.

Agreed, and the majority of the time, it's quite durable.

I'll be putting these two head to head my next couple rounds to see which is a better fit. So far it's too close to call.

I'll be putting these two head to head my next couple rounds to see which is a better fit. So far it's too close to call.

Interesting! Let us know the pros and cons of each!

i got a chance to do that in myrtle and i'm honestly on the fence both are really great balls after i got some time with them and got used to them. i honestly think the chrome is leading by a little bit right now.

Picked up a few dozen Hex Blacks the other day. Since It's to cold out here I'll have to wait a few months to try them out, but let you guys know what I thinks of them when I do try them. Played the Hex Chrome over the fall this year and loved them, but I've heard great things about the Black too. Can't wait to put them to the test!!!

Looking forward to it kozmo.

Picked up a few dozen Hex Blacks the other day. Since It's to cold out here I'll have to wait a few months to try them out, but let you guys know what I thinks of them when I do try them. Played the Hex Chrome over the fall this year and loved them, but I've heard great things about the Black too. Can't wait to put them to the test!!!

They are both great balls, The chrome just ended up being a little too "spinny" for me, especially off the tee, the Black was a better all around ball for me.

They are both great balls, The chrome just ended up being a little too "spinny" for me, especially off the tee, the Black was a better all around ball for me.

Well put TBT. Exactly my thoughts

Maybe it was the cold but I didn't see that at all. The chrome seemed to spin less than the Black

Maybe it was the cold but I didn't see that at all. The chrome seemed to spin less than the Black

I saw the same, Freddie. I hit a lot of "balloons" with the Blacks, almost none with the Chrome.

I saw the same, Freddie. I hit a lot of "balloons" with the Blacks, almost none with the Chrome.

The spin I saw was more side spin. The chrome was definitely a great surprise.

I bought a dozen of the Chrome's and have actually played the same ball for the last 3 rounds - good feeling ball, not really much further than my regular e6. On shorter approach shots, there was very little roll out (which is what I'm used to with my e6), the ball was usually no more than 3 ft. beyond where it landed on the green - I was pleasantly surprised by the Chrome, I just don't know if it will be enough to kick out my trusty e6

The spin I saw was more side spin. The chrome was definitely a great surprise.

Maybe thats what it was for me Freddie was side spin....because I got alot more fade out of the Chrome...it was harder to control for me.

I've been playing the Hex Black for the past few weeks, and have been really pleased. It's been a great ball for me off the tee, and I have had great control with my irons.

I loved the blacks and didn't get to use the chromes but have a dozen sitting waiting to try next season! I also loved the Bridgestone offerings this year for premium balls and pretty much have not bought pro v 1's for awhile!

Maybe thats what it was for me Freddie was side spin....because I got alot more fade out of the Chrome...it was harder to control for me.
I hit three going fades on the back 9 with the black and they ended up a far right edge of the fairway. That same shot on the front with the chrome moved maybe 5 yards.
I've been playing the Hex Black for the past few weeks, and have been really pleased. It's been a great ball for me off the tee, and I have had great control with my irons.
Are you see the same control you saw with your previous gamer? You were pretty solid last time we played.

I hit three going fades on the back 9 with the black and they ended up a far right edge of the fairway. That same shot on the front with the chrome moved maybe 5 yards.

Are you see the same control you saw with your previous gamer? You were pretty solid last time we played.
my iron game is probably the best its ever been right now. It's hard to compare to previous balls because my swing is drastically different than it was even when we played.

I didnt find as much success this year with either the chrome or the black as I did with the previous i(Z). Not sure why, the i(Z) was just a good all around ball for me.

Back