THP Invitational #2 Sponsored by SCOR Golf

Well it sounds like it will be another interesting day on the dance floor. Are you gonna be able to make it to this one?

Well, I just fell off the fence. The only thing slowing me down was having a 7.5 hour drive by myself, and of course, the fact that I was just therelast week and played True Blue. But, I've decided that at my age I should not pass up anything that I really want to do if it is at all reasonable, and I really want to do this. So, I'm paid and confirmed and will see all in Myrtle.

JB - If Chunky doesn't take you up on gaming that new Cally in Myrtle, I'd like to at least pound a few with it. Looks like I'll have to pre-order one in Dec. before it hits stores because I have credits at my club that expire 12/31.

Well, I just fell off the fence. The only thing slowing me down was having a 7.5 hour drive by myself, and of course, the fact that I was just therelast week and played True Blue. But, I've decided that at my age I should not pass up anything that I really want to do if it is at all reasonable, and I really want to do this. So, I'm paid and confirmed and will see all in Myrtle.

JB - If Chunky doesn't take you up on gaming that new Cally in Myrtle, I'd like to at least pound a few with it. Looks like I'll have to pre-order one in Dec. before it hits stores because I have credits at my club that expire 12/31.

Way to go vman, see ya in myrtle

Glad you're coming v.man! We should car pool.

Glad you're coming v.man! We should car pool.

That might work, depending on your travel plans. Do you plan to just play the one day or play Caledonia on Sunday?

That might work, depending on your travel plans. Do you plan to just play the one day or play Caledonia on Sunday?

Sending PM

I asked this same question earlier in this thread. Do you know of anyone else that is wanting to play Caledonia on Sunday? I was thinking of starting a separate thread on this to see who wants to and if it is possible or not. I looked on the website and it is $105 to play on Sunday unless we can get a deal.

I asked this same question earlier in this thread. Do you know of anyone else that is wanting to play Caledonia on Sunday? I was thinking of starting a separate thread on this to see who wants to and if it is possible or not. I looked on the website and it is $105 to play on Sunday unless we can get a deal.

I'm sure I saw earlier posts where some were planning to stay over to play Caledonia or elsewhere. I think there would be a better rate if you are staying at True Blue, but probably not if you're staying elsewhere. Caledonia is definitely worth playing. It's a beautiful course and fun to play.

Nice! I am stoked you are gonna make it. I think we are in for another epic event.

It's hard to pass these things up if it is in reasonable driving distance. I was pretty wiped out at work on Monday after Atlanta, but it was worth it.

It should be mandatory that vman provides the spicy meatballs at every THP event.

Don't forget guys and gal - practice swings are allowed in the bunkers!

It should be mandatory that vman provides the spicy meatballs at every THP event.

Tough to do at a one-day event, Hawk. But, they will make a return appearance at the Ultimate Weekend.

Oh, and at True Blue, the waste areas are through the green, meaning you can practicre swing even greenside. They're all waste bunkers!

So wait, are they sandy areas then?

The days are counting down for this event. I'm happy to see that v.man has decided to join in on the fun.

I'm going to lobby my club to make all bunkers waste areas. It's a nice thing to get a few practice cuts. Much needed considering about 40% of the course is sand it seems.

So wait, are they sandy areas then?

All bunkers at True Blue are treated as Waste Bunkers.

Oooh yes! and lots and lots of it. But.......it's not your typical sand. It's waste bunker type sand (courser) and much of it is used as the cart path and gets packed so tight that it's like hitting off of a cart path, but without the free drop. Very challenging.

Man I really really really wish I could make this. Like really wish, really bad.

I can't wait to see the pics and the recap!

Man I really really really wish I could make this. Like really wish, really bad.

Find a cheap ticket to ATL and I'll pick you up and you can ride over with me.

Same here man. I love that course and it seems like the Invitationals are something special.

Same here man. I love that course and it seems like the Invitationals are something special.

Same offer for you, Hawk. I can handle three in my small SUV.

vman - I'd love to man and I really appreicate the offer, but it's just not in the cards financically for me. The new baby on the way has us putting away every spare dollar we can.

Uh oh! Got awful quiet all of a sudden. Wheels turning, maybe.

vman - I'd love to man and I really appreicate the offer, but it's just not in the cards financically for me. The new baby on the way has us putting away every spare dollar we can.

Fully understand, man. The real life demands certainly have to be taken care of.

Uh oh! Got awful quiet all of a sudden. Wheels turning, maybe.
I wish dude. I really do. Thanks for the offer on the pick up though. I may check prices....ya know, just to be sure but it's very very unlikely I could pull it off.

Back