Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

KB what didn't you like about the fg tour wedge?

"Seriously" if I do go to a blacked out bag I'd have to repaint my R11 5wd which isn't impossible.

KB what didn't you like about the fg tour wedge?

"Seriously" if I do go to a blacked out bag I'd have to repaint my R11 5wd which isn't impossible.

Too funny on painting the 5wd...go for it...Seriously!

On the FG Tour wedge I am really not sure what I dont like about it but I am just not getting the same performance out if it that I have gotten from other 56 deg wedges that I have played...cant really explain but i just cannot get comfortbale with it and I have put some time into working with it around the greens...the other day I got so frustrated with my practice with it that I grabbed the Ci11 GW out of the bag and liked the way I chipped with it better...was making more consistent contact and controlling the distance better than with the FG tour...so that lead me to look into the specs of the Ci11 SW and so I ordered it...just got off the phone with my club guy and he said it will be here early next week...cool! I am sure the FG Tour wedges are fine clubs but they just don't work for me and what I want to do with my game from 80 yards in...:wilsonstaff:

I've contemplated painting it before just for fun, it may happen this winter.

I'm glad your liking the ci11 wedges. It sucks the fg wedge didn't work out for you but not every club works for every body. I hope the ci sand wedge works out for you.

These irons rock that is all.

Double post

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

played with these irons today.
They don't have the feel I had grown accustomed to, but that didn't keep me from hitting brilliant shots, and much easier than I could have with my former clubs. Distances are a lil whack though, but I'll get that dialed in with time.

I dont remember what you were playing in Ohio? whats different about the feel?

Zenger what was "whack" about your distances?

I dont remember what you were playing in Ohio? whats different about the feel?

Zenger what was "whack" about your distances?

I was playing 735 CM's Titliests. Small CB' MB split set, forged.

The feel is more harsh, not that soft buttery feel I was getting use to. Distances are out of whack because the lofts are stronger and they are new clubs and I have to relearn the distances I hit em.

I was playing 735 CM's Titliests. Small CB' MB split set, forged.

The feel is more harsh, not that soft buttery feel I was getting use to. Distances are out of whack because the lofts are stronger and they are new clubs and I have to relearn the distances I hit em.

Ok all that makes sense. Were your distances at least consistent per club?

Ok all that makes sense. Were your distances at least consistent per club?

I did notice some inconsistencies but that could be attributed to the lie I had a few times. I nuked a 9 iron once from 160, well over the green. Then the next whole I shorted a PW from the same distance by 15 yards. Could have been a poor hit gust of wind the lie. But it happened a few times. Like I said it's just getting use to hitting them this was my first day even hitting them outside. I'll have to range them on the next day we get good weather.

Understood, I hope the weather stats decent out there so you can get some more time in with these before Atl.

I had an eye on a set on eBay but lost them in the last minute.

I have been playing these for a while and like I said earlier I also owned them earlier in the year...I have not noticed any jumpers "per say" just every once in a while I will totally flush one and maybe get a few more yards but I always contribute that to the fact that my ball striking is inconsistent at best...I try to practice or play 2-3 times a week and that will always make my ball striking somewhat inconsistent...to be a 7 handicap I manage my yardages to my misses...meaning I can hit a 7 iron 160-165 if I flush it...but I usually play it around 150-155 depending on the wind because I would bet 70% of the time that I will not flush it and that will be my yardage...actually what I have been doing and it has really helped my scoring is I play the yardage at "one more" club as follows (per my GPS):

1) If pin in back I play that yardage
2) If pin in middle I play the back yardage
3) If pin in front I play the middle yardage

That way if I dont flush one I am still putting for a good score...long stoy shot I "have not" noticed any jumpers from my Ci11 irons...just my 2 cents

Thanks KB for the info on these. Sounds like you have you game figured out and play smart golf. I need to start playing smarter golf and less hero golf.

Thanks KB for the info on these. Sounds like you have you game figured out and play smart golf. I need to start playing smarter golf and less hero golf.

Well it took me long enough as it has been an evolution process based on trying and failing...but recently I tied my lowest round ever (74) while using this method for approach shots along with one more thought I have for my game each time I play (and this has been a recent development)...in that on every hole my #1 goal is to always be putting for Par...Period!

Whether it is my second putt (because of a GIR) or my first putt because of an errant drive or missed green...I just focus on managing my game on each hole to give myself that opporutnity and when I am rolling it good I can post a score.

Plus my Ci11 irons help...LOL...Seriously! :wilsonstaff:

Finally hitting these well. Got a tip from my boss on setting my hands earlier in my swing, and I have my ball striking back.... Thank god. Silly how it's just a simple little thing. Only missed 5 greens today, and those were because of poor tee shots where I had to chip out to the fairway.

These irons are workable. I finally had the confidence back with my irons and the ability to strike them well again. I could move them left or right easily. One gripe, I hit them very high, and it was hard to flight them down on full swings. Might try some different shafts in these in the future.

These irons feel crisp. Feel is personal, but these did not feel as good as my previous forged offerings or my old i20 irons. Yet they were surprisingly decent feeling for the size of them and the subpar shafts. They play like much smaller irons because of the black finish, and inspire confidence when looking down at address with the thin top line. Shafts are light weight, and I think are more harsh feeling than what I'm used to playing.

Grips are cheap. The design is poorly executed and semi distracting. Look cheapins the appearance of these clubs.

Finish is fabulous. Wear on finish is not great, only a few rounds under the belt and the finish is faded substantially on heavily used clubs already.

Off center hits are very good. Distance loss is there but trajectory and line hold true. Also these are very good out of the rough.

Feel on chips is very hard to judge. Sticking to cleveland wedges for shortgame feel.

Zenger, you think the TX Flighted shafts are subpar? Personally, I really enjoyed the shafts before I was testing the Tour 90s.

Zenger, you think the TX Flighted shafts are subpar? Personally, I really enjoyed the shafts before I was testing the Tour 90s.

I hit em really really high. My only gripe. Other than that they feel a bit more harsh than what I've hit before.

KB and Zenger some good info from both of you.

Zenger I'm glad you've found a groove with these.

I just picked up a set 5-GW from a fellow forum member. I'll be practicing with till spring rolls around and I can play again. I'll post how my winter practice sessions go.

Now to find me some wedges!

KB and Zenger some good info from both of you.

Hey "golfinFF" I am glad we could help and the Ci11 irons are very good irons...but like Zenger, I too have struggled with the shafts...I have actually owned these irons twice (with the stock stiff shafts) trying to like these shafts and finally decided they just are not going to work for me...so I talked to my club guy and by the time I payed for the upgarde to KBS Tour it would be just as simple to trade my Ci11 irons in for a set of FG Tour V2 irons which come stock with KBS Tour...so that is what I did and I have had two hitting sessions with the FG Tour V2 and man did I miss hitting KBS Tour shafts and forged irons...long story short but I have spent most of this year trying all kinds of shafts (unfortnuately in different heads each time) and have derived that the :kbs: Tour, stiff is the shaft for me and my game..DONE with that!

:wilsonstaff:

Thanks KB, This is only my second set of irons since getting back in to golf. I have never played flighted shafts and am interested in seeing how these shafts work for me.

Oh dont get me wrong they are very good shafts...I just think shafts are very personal and some just work better for some people and trust me that I have tried many different shafts (DG, Project X, Nippon, KBS, etc...) and and finally reached a conclusion that I am just a KBS Tour guy...good luck with the irons and I think you will enjoy them...they play long and straight so your GIR should go up...:clapp:

I shot par few weeks ago with these I only missed 2 greens all day

Only complaint is I hit them really high
tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Congrats on shooting par Zenger!

Monday I got home from work to find my new ci11's (bought from runpuddrun) waiting on me. When I got my first look at the clubs in hand I was very pleased. They are so sleek looking and the black finish makes them look compact. I really like the leading edge and much thinner sole than my burner plus irons.

Tuesday I got a chance to take a couple old found balls and hit them into the field. My yard is like the rough at most courses in my area tall an thick. I made good contact with both the 5&8i's and the flight was nice and penetrating, distance seemed to be about the same as my old burner plus, feel is hard to tell cause it was maybe mid 30's so I'll get some time in on the net at work tomorrow and maybe get to the local course and get on their simulator here soon.

Congrats on shooting par Zenger!

Monday I got home from work to find my new ci11's (bought from runpuddrun) waiting on me. When I got my first look at the clubs in hand I was very pleased. They are so sleek looking and the black finish makes them look compact. I really like the leading edge and much thinner sole than my burner plus irons.

Tuesday I got a chance to take a couple old found balls and hit them into the field. My yard is like the rough at most courses in my area tall an thick. I made good contact with both the 5&8i's and the flight was nice and penetrating, distance seemed to be about the same as my old burner plus, feel is hard to tell cause it was maybe mid 30's so I'll get some time in on the net at work tomorrow and maybe get to the local course and get on their simulator here soon.

You'll like em.

I'm replacing my shafts with dynamic gold tour issue x100's soon

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Back