The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and it bugs me when Wifey just puts the silverware in any old compartment in the dishwasher. Why not sort them when you put them in, since you pre-wash them individually, and thereby save time when you unload since they are already all sorted?

These are the serious issues that lead to marital strife in the WSE household.

If you have a silverware basket, you want them mixed up, so they don't nest and bake food crusties in there.

Now that you mention it--we have a lift out tray at the very top of our dishwasher, where you lay the silverware in on its side. Hubby does the dinner dishes* and doesn't pre-sort. I'll have to take that up with him.

*He chose that job, the other option being "put the babies to bed." However, the bedtime job just keeps getting easier, while the dishwashing job remains the same.

rolleyes.gif

Now I remember why I've stayed single.

Spoken like a man who didn't exactly have a choice. :angel:

Yeah, and it bugs me when Wifey just puts the silverware in any old compartment in the dishwasher. Why not sort them when you put them in, since you pre-wash them individually, and thereby save time when you unload since they are already all sorted?

My mother taught me to put them in any old compartment too - they wash more evenly. When you put all the forks together and all the spoons together, they won't get as clean. It may take a few minutes longer, but you're putting cleaner silverware away.

What I love is "Witchy Woman" by The Eagles, just came on my radio. Fits this thread and all the mean women Harry has had to put up with over his years. :)

What I love is "Witchy Woman" by The Eagles, just came on my radio. Fits this thread and all the mean women Harry has had to put up with over his years. :)

Ultimate cool female song remains The Hollies' "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress."

Only a couple were mean.

Spoiler
However, a few were nuts, several were flakes, many were needy, and a number were just plain wrong.

I couldn't sleep and there is nothing on TV that is both:
(a) Not so boring that it forces me to turn off the TV; but
(b) Not so interesting that it makes me want to stay awake and watch.

(i.e. Must Sleep TV)

So instead, I ate a mango that I bought today at Trader Joes. Nummy. If it wasn't such a PITA to get there, I'd buy another one tomorrow and eat that one too. Maybe I will anyway.

I couldn't sleep and there is nothing on TV that is both:
(a) Not so boring that it forces me to turn off the TV; but
(b) Not so interesting that it makes me want to stay awake and watch.

(i.e. Must Sleep TV)

So instead, I ate a mango that I bought today at Trader Joes. Nummy. If it wasn't such a PITA to get there, I'd buy another one tomorrow and eat that one too. Maybe I will anyway.

Maybe watch the screen saver on your new computer? Or--how shocking is this--read a book?

Maybe watch the screen saver on your new computer? Or--how shocking is this--read a book?

Screen saver: too boring (mind wanders and starts thinking about things that keep me from sleeping.)

Read a book: too interesting (would keep me awake.)

Screen saver: too boring (mind wanders and starts thinking about things that keep me from sleeping.)

Read a book: too interesting (would keep me awake.)

Read corporate annual reports. It's that time of year. Definitely snooze-inducing.

National Electrical Code book.

Year irrelevant. It's a snoozer, puts me to sleep every time.

United States Sentencing Commission, Sentencing Guidelines Manual? I love Section 2C1.1, dealing with bribery and honest services fraud.

United States Sentencing Commission, Sentencing Guidelines Manual? I love Section 2C1.1, dealing with bribery and honest services fraud.

Don't be coy--tell us the good parts!

Calamari for Everybody!!!

Calamari for Everybody!!!

Giant squid caught in West Seattle
03:42 PM PDT on Saturday, July 4, 2009

By KING5.com

L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.ab1f372.jpg

A Puget Sound area resident reeled in the squid while
fishing off the Seacrest boathouse pier in West Seattle.

SEATTLE - A Puget Sound resident reeled in what is believed to be a Humboldt Squid Friday in West Seattle.

It appeared to be more than 8 feet long and weighed between 80 and 100 pounds. It took two people to lift.

Two men spotted the squid while fishing near the Seacrest boathouse pier in West Seattle.

One of the men caught it, and then released it back into the bay.

Fish and Wildlife agents were called, and they retrieved the squid. It's not clear where they took it.

Fish & Wildlife officials told the men it was the largest Humboldt Squid they'd seen in the area.
. .

Why is it that I love chopped salad, but really dislike leafy salads?

Weird.

Harry,
I am the EXACT SAME WAY

I like salad both ways, but do not like frisee. I think it's a texture thing - feels like I'm eating weeds.

Go to Google.com.

Type in "find Chuck Norris". Click I'm feeling lucky.

Just do it.

Im watching GG roast marshmellows for herself on a butter knife right on the gas range.

I gave one to the dog.

I just ate two cookies with M&Ms in them - they were yummy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back