Now that the new groove rule is official (Poll)

Now that the new groove rule is official (Poll)

• 2010 when the Tour players switch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2014 when I will need to switch to play in most tournaments.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2024 when I will have to switch for handicap purposes.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I will play with whatever grooves I want regardless of the rule.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I will switch when the grooves on my current wedge wear out.

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
Now that the new groove rule is official, when will YOU switch to the new USGA legal "V" grooves?

Don't we have something like 14-15 years?? Maybe by then there will be a bunch in the $20 barrel at Nevada Bobs.

I dont have to switch for so long, i am not even going to worry about it. I will be sticking with the stuff that we had in the shoot out.

I'll switch when I get so good that the square grooves make the game just to dang easy for me....So never...

i'll switch when my Spin Doctor grooves wear out (just joking)

SDclose.jpg

When the time comes that I want/need new wedges, I will get whatever I like the best at the time. If they have the new grooves, fine, if not, fine. I don't play in anything that I will ever be checked so I am not concerned about it.

I put "for handicap purposes", but that's a long ways away. I honestly think this rule is completely stupid and unnecessary.

As soon as the Manufactures build them,I'll switch over

I voted for "Whenever the grooves wear out on my wedges", not that I would notice anyway.:D

Why did the poll run out so fast?

I'll buy whatever is legal when I buy clubs. I'm not stocking up because it's not a big deal. :confused2:

Why did the poll run out so fast?

I'll buy whatever is legal when I buy clubs. I'm not stocking up because it's not a big deal. :confused2:

What do you mean? The poll seems to still be up

I think he meant that 2024 is too soon.

(I'm just inferring though.)

When I visited this thread yesterday it said I couldn't vote. Is there a time limit between joining and voting in a poll? It was a couple of days after I joined that tried to vote, but it just showed the results, no option to vote.

Now today it did allow me to vote. :confused2:

I believe someone must have 10 posts. It is for voting in contest polls so people dont "stuff teh ballots."

I believe someone must have 10 posts. It is for voting in contest polls so people dont "stuff teh ballots."
You mean like the guy who was a nominee in a recent contest, then registered twice and then his wife from the same IP address and then PM'd asking why they couldn't vote.:D

It depends on what these little golf tournaments I play in want to do with the rule. Other than that, I could care less. I might buy a second set of my current wedge to have in case something happens to my current wedges. All they needed to do was just grow the rough a foot higher to accomplish the same thing. I still maintain the big time tournament pros want conditions to be too easy, and with the help of equipment manufacturers, have circumvented the various hazards associated with golf courses.

There is a golf course in town that got so tired of people bitching about their watered down , sun baked sand bunkers, they sodded them over and let the grass grow to about 8 inches. 8 inch high grass bunkers are tough to play out of. :clapp:

I still maintain the big time tournament pros want conditions to be too easy, and with the help of equipment manufacturers, have circumvented the various hazards associated with golf courses.

The PGA Tour is frightened to death that one of their members might look bad on national television. The very worst thing that can happen on Tour is that one of them hits a shot that looks like something one of us might hit. :bulgy-eyes:

The PGA Tour is frightened to death that one of their members might look bad on national television. The very worst thing that can happen on Tour is that one of them hits a shot that looks like something one of us might hit. :bulgy-eyes:

While I agree overall, the US Open truly does that every year.

I plan on picking up an extra set of wedges this year for whenever the grooves in mine give- a couple of years down the road. Stretch that advantage!

Someone dinged me cause I said I'll switch over as soon as the Oem's build with the new grooves..Gotta love it.

Someone dinged me cause I said I'll switch over as soon as the Oem's build with the new grooves..Gotta love it.

We have asked repeatedly for our forum members to not discuss reputation issues on the board. If there is a problem take it up with one of the mods via PM. Reputation is not even shown on our site anymore, yet it still apparently is an issue for you. Please take it away from the board and into PMs next time you have an issue.

Back