Holiday Weekend Golf Plans

Diane

Reaction score
Anyone have any special plans? I'm playing 9 holes tomorrow evening with friends after work. On Friday, we're taking a little road trip to try a course we haven't played yet. http://timberlingolf.com/index.php
Then on Saturday, I'm playing with friends/family in a 3 generation 9 hole outing - Boys vs. Girls.

Nothing special here may play 18 on Friday and again on Sunday if the rain holds off.

Range, Range, Range and more range...practice makes perfect my grandmother used to say :clap:

I have to squeeze something in, but haven't figured out how yet. Besides the usual holiday festivities, it's Hubby's high school reunion this weekend.

May get in a round Friday, but that's just a maybe. Will get out and play 18 somewhere on Sat or Sun.

Just got an invite to play Oro Valley CC (a really nice private course) on Friday afternoon, playing with my men's club on Saturday and probably just walking on as a single Sunday at Dell Urich or Randolph North.

I have a wedding on the fourth (I know, weird wedding date) down where my parents live, so I am heading to Jersey. This will give me a chance to play golf with my mom for the first time. She just started playing about 2 months ago so I am really excited. I am so proud of her getting out and playing, it is so tough to be a new golfer.

I will also be at the practice rounds of the US Open!:blob:

I have a wedding on the fourth

Congratulations! Does the lucky boy know about your underwear issues?

Spoiler
Yes, I know.

Spending the weekend on the farm with my father-in-law. There will be golf, but not sure how much or when. Doing the small town (population 450) Fourth of July thing, town picnic with the members of the volunteer fire department doing a hog roast. :D

No golf for me this weekend. I've played almost every day for the last week. I've got to get some more work done on the truck out at the Farm.

Baltusrol tomorrow at 10:30. I'd like to play the newly improved Upper Course.

Baltusrol tomorrow at 10:30. I'd like to play the newly improved Upper Course.

Is that the Baltusrol you refer to? Lucky dog!!!

I'm going to get up ridiculously early Friday morning on my day off and be the first group off the box at my club. I LOVE being the first to break the silence!

Picture.ashx

Playing tomorrow afternoon and possibly on sunday. If not then I'll just practice on whatever I sucked at the most on Friday's round

It's time again for our annual "4th of July guts golf" game, at a local dry lake bed. Simple rules. You pay a $25 "dirt" fee, which goes towards next years gig, and and includes a donation to a local charity. Usually someone's "little league" team. Just like the real tournaments. You tee off from from designated starting point, hitting towards a series of tall cross country power line towers. To hole out, you must touch one of the 4 supporting legs of the tower with your ball, using any club of your choice. Course distance is whatever it is. No rules on clubs being conforming or not. Use any type of ball you want. Youngster play for free. You can walk, or ride in any type of vehicle you want. Unless electrified, weather is not an issue. Rainy weather is encouraged. Our get together includes a pot luck picnic/dinner, several different types beverages, music, ATV, wind, equipment rides, and of course several different types of fire works. No pets allowed. There is also a short game contest which is included in the original "dirt" fee. This thing started out as a family thing with about 10 family members about 7 years ago. Last year we had close to 100 people, which included 28 paid "dirt" fees. One stead fast rule is that if a person or anyone of their group causes any problems, at anytime, the problem will leave, and never be allowed back. Sun burns are optional, as is shade.

A good time will be had by all :clapp:

One stead fast rule is that if a person or anyone of their group causes any problems, at anytime, the problem will leave, and never be allowed back.

Has that ever happened?

Yes, a few times, but not very often. Usually involves a new person, too much alcohol, and poor judgement on some poor soul's part. Since we have a few off duty cops in attendance, they handle these issue. No one ever goes to jail, and no one is allowed to leave driving under the influence. This is a family thing, first, and foremost, with youngsters of all ages running around. Since we are usually out in the middle of no where, in the desert, safety is a big issue. :cool:

Has that ever happened?

You know what they say about the most carefully laid plans. On Thursday evening - there was thunder and torrential rain so I left after 2 holes. On Friday, more thunder so they cleared the course after I played almost 4 holes. I waited 90 minutes, went back out into a swamp, played almost holes before the sirens rang again. After 4 hours and only playing 7 holes, my patience was shot so I took a rain check and left.

There is good news though - I was able to play yesterday. It was a fun casual round and I had a wonderful time.

Back