Personally, I like Burger King and Culver's.

I have never heard of Culver's????
I think Culver's is more of a Wisconsin and upper midwest fast food place.
The meat for the burgers is never frozen, so its really fresh and they toast the buns and put butter on them. Healthy, no; but really yummy.
Their chilli cheese fries are amazing and they have the best ice cream and custard that you will find.
I used to eat at Culver's twice a week, but it was too expensive (you can easily drop $10-$15 per person) and I started to notice that suddenly my jeans didnt fit anymore. :confused2:
I still go there every once in a while, but not as often as I used to. :cool:
FYI, the world's biggest Culvers is about a mile away from where I live: Newville, WI.
www.culvers.com

Bake,
YOu have me dying for a trip there now...hehe

I clicked on the website and they have the brownie batter thing that looks a lot like Dairy Queen and now I want a brownie batter blizzard.

I ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time today and all I can say is Holy crap that place is good. I got the chicken club sandwich and cross cut fries. I tried every dipping sauce.
Regular BBq- was ok, ive had better from fast food
Chick Fil a sauce- MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Polynesian Sauce- way better than McDonalds Sweet and sour
Ranch- ok, Jack in the box has them beat
There was some sort of special bbq sauce and that was tasty.
If there were any of these places closer I would be all over it.

Bake,
YOu have me dying for a trip there now...hehe
The food is worth the trip alone. When I go, I usually get either a mushroom 'n swiss burger or a turkey sourdough BLT. Sometimes I get both...LOL. :cool: Usually I get either chilli cheese fries or fried cheese curds to go along with it. Again, sometimes both...:D
As you can imagine, eating at Culvers and trying to be healthy doesnt exactly go together.
If only Culver's sold brats, polish sausge and beer (Miller, Spotted Cow, New Glarus and Leinenkugel's, of course; gotta stay loyal to the Wisconsin brewerys...) it would be the perfect restaurant...

I ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time today and all I can say is Holy crap that place is good. I got the chicken club sandwich and cross cut fries. I tried every dipping sauce.
Regular BBq- was ok, ive had better from fast food
Chick Fil a sauce- MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Polynesian Sauce- way better than McDonalds Sweet and sour
Ranch- ok, Jack in the box has them beat
There was some sort of special bbq sauce and that was tasty.
If there were any of these places closer I would be all over it.

You have to try the original chicken sandwich TGM. You also must try their chicken minis for breakfast.

I ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time today and all I can say is Holy crap that place is good.

It's the pickle. Without that one pickle embedded in the bun, it's just another chik'n sammich.

I get it without the pickle.

Had a Super Potato Olé from Taco John's today.

I was lucky enough to grow up in my early years (until about 11) within spitting distance of the original Steak 'n Shake in Normal, IL. LOVE their side-by-side shakes.

If you're ever in the Milwaukee area, though, you HAVE to visit one of the Kopp's Frozen Custard locations. Their shakes are the best I've ever found. :drool:
\

Steak & Shake is fantastic. But Kopps definitely has better shakes.

Culvers has been rapidly expanding nationwide, surprised there aren't any in Florida yet.

The menu makes it look a lot like dairy queen.

I can't read this thread anymore. It's making me want to stop off at every fast food joint and come home with an entire car full of lard. And I'm not even hungry!

Cheescake.

The meat for the burgers is never frozen, so its really fresh and they toast the buns and put butter on them. Healthy, no; but really yummy.
Their chilli cheese fries are amazing and they have the best ice cream and custard that you will find.
I used to eat at Culver's twice a week, but it was too expensive (you can easily drop $10-$15 per person) and I started to notice that suddenly my jeans didnt fit anymore. :confused2:
I still go there every once in a while, but not as often as I used to. :cool:
FYI, the world's biggest Culvers is about a mile away from where I live: Newville, WI.
www.culvers.com

Culver's is really good. I always preferred Kopp's though, but you can only get that in Milwaukee. Culver's has made frozen custard a lot more accessible, and it's by FAR the best ice cream-style frozen dairy product :drool:

Ohh! And Harry lives near the greatest seafood fast-food chain on the planet in the WA area! I miss coming out there and grabbing Ivar's when on the run. Halibut Fish 'n Chips...*sigh*

Ohh! And Harry lives near the greatest seafood fast-food chain on the planet in the WA area! I miss coming out there and grabbing Ivar's when on the run. Halibut Fish 'n Chips...*sigh*

That's true. Other fast food seafood is just chum compared to Ivar's.

That's true. Other fast food seafood is just chum compared to Ivar's.

For that matter, I've even been to some regular restaurants that weren't as good as Ivar's.

Man I used to eat Ivar's every chance I got when I was stationed in Bremerton. Back then, early 70's, they didn't have a chain. Just a little shack next to the restaurant. Man that was the best fish I ever 8. Clam chowder was killer too. That brings back good memories. Over in Bremerton right across from the ferry landing they had a place called the 1st. St. Landing. Good gawd man that seafood was good! I went back up there 20 years later with the first Mrs. Arc but it was gone. Had me some Ivar's though!

+ 1 on Culvers, that place is awesome. I always get the mushroom and swiss, best burger you can get.

It's the pickle. Without that one pickle embedded in the bun, it's just another chik'n sammich.

True, the pickle was an unusual but welcome guest on my chicken club sandwich. I must say, the circular bacon patty was impressive too.
Ill have to try breakfast there next time JB.

If I am ever in that area you better believe I will look that up. Now that I know just how amazing a milk shake is, I seek them out any chance I can get. I may have a problem ha ha.

We have a local diner - the Lakeside Diner, which is very funny because it's on a river. I assume they didn't think people would want to eat at the River Diner. If you saw the movie "College Road Trip" - you've seen the place. They make the best shakes around here. They only use whole milk, make them extra thick and top them with whip cream. They're $5, but worth every penny.

ldfd.jpg

WSE, is the Waffle Shop still around--disgusting looking place, across from Ford's Theatre? So scary looking the tourists won't go in? I used to love it--breakfast and Chinese. I always tried to talk my friends into Kung Pao chicken on a strawberry waffle, but no one would ever take me up on it. (I never ordered it, either--but the Kung Pao chicken is great.)

Harry, I can't help you out with the cheesecake.

Back