The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I find this mildly annoying:

When you are driving down a two lane road and there is a car parked/walker/person on a bike/ect... in the other lane and the cars cut in to your lane of traffic like you are supposed to yeild to them because someone is blocking their side of the road....

That's elevated to a rant in my book! Grrrrr, I hate that! It astounds me how many people out there truly believe that the whole world revolves around them.

As long as I don't have to slow down because of it, it doesn't bother me. Same way if I'm the one doing it. Same thing goes for pulling out ahead of me.

My "Mildly Annoying" thing: staying on the food theme...I love deviled eggs. They take longer to make than they do to eat. :(

I believe they do don't they? Pretty sure I've picked some up around my neck of the woods.

I've seen unshelled pistachios in a trail mix sorta thing, but I've never seen them in a package of their own.

I've seen unshelled pistachios in a trail mix sorta thing, but I've never seen them in a package of their own.

Trader Joe's sells them - both salted and unsalted.

We need a Trader Joe's in Kansas City. Closest ones are out by St. Louis.

When some waiter puts lemon in my water. Not even just on the side, oh no, when they put it right on in. YUCK! If I wanted lemonade or water with lemon in it, I'd ask for it.

When some waiter puts lemon in my water. Not even just on the side, oh no, when they put it right on in. YUCK! If I wanted lemonade or water with lemon in it, I'd ask for it.

Im with you. Since when did we all become so fancy that we need a dam lemon wedge in our water anyways.

Im with you. Since when did we all become so fancy that we need a dam lemon wedge in our water anyways.

It's okay, Gasman. I doubt you are often wrongly accused of being fancy. :wink:

It's okay, Gasman. I doubt you are often wrongly accused of being fancy. :wink:
I was never cut out to be a fancy lad.:act-up:
Spoiler
4ti3cjt.png

Fancy ketchup is a whole different story.

I bit my tongue yesterday. I never give my tongue a second thought...ever...now it is mildly annoying.

I'm almost out of Rosemary. Didn't have quite enough to grill the chicken last night, so I used Thyme, instead. Rosemary would have been much better.

I'm almost out of Rosemary. Didn't have quite enough to grill the chicken last night, so I used Thyme, instead. Rosemary would have been much better.

Thyme gives me migraines - dill too. Not sure why.

BLT's

BLT's

Had a BLT last night using all the expected ingredients. One twist. Used ciabatta rolls AND MAYONAISE WITH FINELY CHOPPED ROSEMARY MIXED IN. YUM! Try it!!

Mildly Annoying Golf Issue; Senior walking golfers who are 62 or older. I am not annoyed at them specifically. It's the counter guy at the pro shop. If you are retired, and 62 or older you can walk 18 holes in the early morning hours for $9.50. I am retired, not even 60 yet, and I have to pay $21. :bicker: I am being penalized for retiring to young :confused2:

Seriously. My hat is off to those senior 62+ year olds who still walk, and play the game. :clapp:

I'm mildly annoyed that you aren't allowed to take provisional mulligans - - - a mulligan you take if it is better than the previous shot but doesn't count if it's worse! hehehe

Mildly Annoying Golf Issue; Senior walking golfers who are 62 or older. I am not annoyed at them specifically. It's the counter guy at the pro shop. If you are retired, and 62 or older you can walk 18 holes in the early morning hours for $9.50. I am retired, not even 60 yet, and I have to pay $21. :bicker: I am being penalized for retiring to young :confused2:

Seriously. My hat is off to those senior 62+ year olds who still walk, and play the game. :clapp:

In my store, people used to ask what age the senior discount was, when they were 55 or even 50 years old. They'd then say, "I'm close!"

Are you KIDDING? In my family, that's middle aged.

I got out of the shower this morning and found out my girlfriend threw all of the towels in the washer. It wasnt bad enough to be a rant, but doesnt belong in the Happy thread either. I had to squegee myself off.

I got out of the shower this morning and found out my girlfriend threw all of the towels in the washer. It wasnt bad enough to be a rant, but doesnt belong in the Happy thread either. I had to squegee myself off.

Dude, your g/f does your laundry?

That'd be in the HHJJ thread for me.

GG does ours too. Although since the new steam washer and dryer came, for some reason I like doing it. Just hate folding clothes.

Man, I gotta get me one of those GGs.

Move to FL and you may have a shot...hehe

While we're on laundry... I find it mildly annoying that every other weekend the same lady comes from another part of the laundrymat to put her clothes in the dryers that are right behind were I am washing clothes. If she were to choose another set of dryers I could just turn around and toss my clothes in the dryer. I get there earlier enough that there are only a few people in there so there are many available, but I end up carrying(and dropping) clothes to different dryers, and I won't use the carts they have for clothes because...well I just won't use them.

Back