2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to push me and who wants to be pushed? I would love to have someone to have a nice little handicap race heading toward the Morgan Cup

Captain's challenge. Losers split the cost of 1 round of golf for the volunteers.

Who wants to push me and who wants to be pushed? I would love to have someone to have a nice little handicap race heading toward the Morgan Cup

Interesting offer. What's your hdcp target going to be? Or havent you gotten to that point yet

Haha no fair Jake!! Don't really have a target Dean. Maybe just whoever drops the most wins or maybe the biggest percentage? Just seems like a contest of sorts would push someone. I know for me, sometimes I just won't want to go and hit balls or work on the game. But if there is a contest, I will push myself a little harder. Plus it might be fun to just follow along to. Probably a stupid idea and not something that JB & GG want to go on.

People pushing each other to get better is a wonderful idea. No reason to gamble on it (or make that public), but we love seeing participants push each other to better their games, themselves and overall.

Really was not thinking of gambling as I have no frikken money. I'm sure something could be thought of for a wager or just do it for pride. Or half a point lol

Haha no fair Jake!! Don't really have a target Dean. Maybe just whoever drops the most wins or maybe the biggest percentage? Just seems like a contest of sorts would push someone. I know for me, sometimes I just won't want to go and hit balls or work on the game. But if there is a contest, I will push myself a little harder. Plus it might be fun to just follow along to. Probably a stupid idea and not something that JB & GG want to go on.
I like it dude. I'm pretty sure all 4 of us captains are within a stroke or 2 handicap wise. Let's get all of us in on it.

Lets think on it and see how it can be done fairly. Could be something really fun and really be something to push ourselves.

Oh I understand this Freddie but it is something I know is in me ( to be a better overall golfer) and I want to get to that level. I am just gonna keep doing what I am doing and let it come naturally. I see improvement each round I get to play so I want to play more rounds. Plus getting out playing golf is exercise (starting to walk more courses) so it is a double benefit for me.

That is great! Plus, at least I enjoy more playing when walking, with carts it's always a bit...well not so golfy. :D A round of golf, walking, is a good exercise!

Lets think on it and see how it can be done fairly. Could be something really fun and really be something to push ourselves.
I like it. I mainly use GHIN but I also have accounts on Fairway Files and OOB I think. We could join a group I think and sort of keep track that way.

Interesting offer. What's your hdcp target going to be? Or havent you gotten to that point yet
Im up for this!

I'd love for TDC to get a handicap push going, I know I'm working hard to get my GHIN down as quickly as possible and keep it down before the MC!!!

Dang all you guys are very good. But that should push me harder.

Seems like everyone would be interested. I know it's my goal to get better and that should lower my handicap.

I'm in. I'm roughly a 6 now and want to cut that in half. I'm not too worried about the actual number, but I really want to become more consistent (score wise).

Seems like everyone would be interested. I know it's my goal to get better and that should lower my handicap.

I'm in. I'm roughly a 6 now and want to cut that in half. I'm not too worried about the actual number, but I really want to become more consistent (score wise).

Awesome to hear guys! I think this would be a really cool thing to do.

Man we are going to have a handicap battle! My goal is to cut mine in half which should get me to about a 4

Man we are going to have a handicap battle! My goal is to cut mine in half which should get me to about a 4

Yup. I'd really like to get under 5 and stay there.

Me too. My goal is to be a 2 by the end of next summer. My goal for the MC is to be very consistent score wise coming into it. Right now I feel like I could shoot too wide of a range.

Yessir. This is my feeling too. I can go from about 75-76 to about 86 round to round. Many more this year in the 78-81 range, but still not consistent enough for my liking.

Yessir. This is my feeling too. I can go from about 75-76 to about 86 round to round. Many more this year in the 78-81 range, but still not consistent enough for my liking.

I'm the same way WCBM. Range is too great for me. I would love to bring my average round to the 70s

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I would be stuck in the 79-82 range for weeks, then have a couple rounds in the mid-high 80's. Thankfully I've had more rounds in the 70s this year than ever before and it is happening more consistently. I attribute that to not trying to fix my swing on my own any more when some bad shots start creeping in. When I have a few bad rounds I see the pro at the course for a lesson and he usually has me fixed within 10 shots and we just hit balls and chat about THP the rest of the time. Then I usually get back to shooting the high 70s again. I'd like to consistently get in the mid 70s next year and shoot even par or better at least one

I'm just so excited to find out our sponsors next week. Let the pondering.....begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back