One. Hundred. Thousand.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Ten days short of nine months ago, a new web forum was launched which soon became a favorite hangout for a lot of people. There have been some arguments, a lot of spirited discussions but more often than not, this new place has brought together a wide range of personalities, discussing matters from golf to politics to many “off-topic” subjects (hi Claire!), who may never have known about each other if the original group hadn’t decided to follow a dream and create “The Hackers Paradise.”

Some of us knew each other from at least one other forum (and not necessarily other golf forums) and were invited to come and check out the new place. Some of us came by way of a search engine, looking for some piece of golf equipment or another. Most of us have told others about this place, and many of those people have told other people, until we reach today, when we have not only reached the 100,000 post milestone, but have seen membership swell to well over 500 with nearly 4,500 threads in 25 different sub-forums. We have had people join and had a falling out, but I think, overall, a good percentage stick around. Some may post more than others, but each and every member makes this place the great site that it is today. We started with a bunch of great people, and continue to welcome new faces almost daily. I hope they feel as welcome as someone who has been here a while because I know it is the goal of the Administrators to make everyone feel that they are on equal ground from the beginning. We not only want the membership to grow, but for the new people that join to feel comfortable enough with everyone here to join us in our many (sometimes serious, sometimes not) discussions.

Some people frequent only this golf forum but many of us belong to several. I personally belong to quite a few, but lately only post in two (golf forums; there are a couple of HD forums I visit and post in frequently). This is the one I check first, last and many times throughout the day, which should be obvious by the many times I have posted here. I know that several others have commented that they have never posted so many times in other forums they belong or belonged to, even when they were in other forums for years. It seems like members are reaching a new milestone on a weekly basis. And now this place has reached an incredible one. Who would have thought THP would have grown as big as it has, as fast as it has? When I was invited here (thanks again Harry!), I thought it was kind of cool to get in on the ground floor, but to be honest, I half thought it would be like other places that I would post for a little while and then kind of forget about. But this place is unlike any other forum I have ever seen, and although a lot of the credit goes to the group that founded this place, the members are what keep this place going. A diverse group of people brought together to discuss not only golf, but just about anything someone decides to make a post about.

We will likely pass 5,000 threads in the next month or so, and we are averaging 65 to 75 new members every month, so we’ll likely be over 800 by the one-year anniversary of this place, but 100,000 posts is an incredible achievement, especially after someone - - - who shall be nameless (JB)! Hehehe - - - took care of several thousand with a single keystroke! (He will probably never live that one down!). Quite a few were deleted out of the Tech forum in a clean-up operation as well before our resident hacker “Hacker” made posts in that forum not count toward your total. So unofficially, we passed this milestone a while back, but now it’s official. ONE. HUNDRED. THOUSAND. Congrats to everyone, we all had a part in this!

I have to mention JB, Craig and Harry, the trio who got this place off the ground; Hacker, who came in a couple of days later and got things running smoothly (and who today is one of the best site administrators out there); and GG who, without her, this site would only be half of what it is today (plus, she keeps JB on the straight and narrow!). Without each part that they played in all of this, we would be posting at some other place and likely not know each other. There are a lot of things that make this place better, in my opinion, than any other forum out there in cyberspace today. We all know about the contests, which are fun, and the charities that are supported by this site, but the camaraderie of the members is what keeps me coming back. We will never agree on everything and I hope we never do, because this would really become a boring place if that should ever happen! But the people are what make this place keep growing and getting better every day.

Congrats again to the entire THP family.

100000_911.jpg

Great post Smallie.

Smallville,
I am not sure anybody could have written that better. You hit the nail on the head with everything you covered including my accidental deletion of an entire sub forum. (I blame GG of course....hehe).

But in the end it is about the members here and we think that we have the best out there. They are the reason that THP is what it is and has grown to be what it is and will continue to do so. Congrats to everybody that has been a part of this community, because it really is a place that GG and I share our lives with. We have shared our golf games of course, but we also shared our wedding and everything in between. We consider the THP forum members our friends, and more importantly part of our family.

Craig and Harry were the reasons that this became a great place because without them we would not have met most of you. And of course the introduction to Hacker and Forecaddie that do so much.

For that all we can say is THANK YOU. We love you all.

Well said...I know I switched to THP from another site and have not looked back.

What a wonderful post Smallville. Thank you so much for your continued support of THP. Thank you to all the great members, companies, and mods who keep this place running. Our mods keep order, Hacker keeps this place running, and our members are what it's all about. Cheers to 100,000 :joy:

Great post Smallie, congrats to everybody at THP and all the members.

Well said...I know I switched to THP from another site and have not looked back.

I'm in the same boat WWPSD, I was immediately enthralled with the kindness of this forum then it only took a second or two to become completely sucked into all of the great topics. This place is always my first and last site I visit everyday, not to mention a few hundred checks to keep up to date in there too!!!

Keep doing what you do around here everyone, this place is great because all of us together!!

Very well said Smalls, it is having great members like you that keep this place going as well!!

Nice post Smalls. THP is the best forum on the net. Keep up the good work everyone.

Great post Smallie. The place keeps getting bigger and better.

The challenge for all of us will be to maintain the qualities that make this an enjoyable place while the forum grows. But it is up to all of us collectively; the administrators won't be able to make it happen if the social compact isn't working. Ths far we have managed to do that, and I'm confident we can continue.

Awww, group hug

Maxi-Posters-Winnie-the-Pooh---Group-hug-71606.jpg

Group hug for Gasman only:

Spoiler
group-hug1.jpg

That has to be one of the worst group hugs I have ever seen. Thanks Claire.

Anything for you! :lashes: After all, you started it.

Behave you two. You don't want me to pull this thread over and come back there.

Ok, we can atleast keep this one clean cant way?

Behave you two. You don't want me to pull this thread over and come back there.

The best part about THP is that since becoming a supplier and sponsor I have limited my comments. However having Harry here it is like I have a puppet which voices my thoughts on almost every subject.

Back