Nike VR Split vs Nickent 4dx Pro

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
As the title says, mulling over replacing my venerated Adams GT Tight Lies Tour and having difficulty deciding. Both reviews on here were a great help and I am leaning towards the VR's simply because I can demo them down here in Corpus Christi and they come with a 2-iron. But I still play my Nickent GH Plus 320 driver and love it to death so I know they make good stuff......

I guess maybe some more particular details on the differences between the clubs would help, especially from those who have swung both? Price-wise the Nickent's get the edge but its hard to just order without swinging them, especially when it comes to irons........

Really stuck as to what to go with because I don't have money to go with both and once I pull the trigger I will HAVE to play these for awhile!

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advance!

Identical situation for me!!! Here is my thread on the exact same search you are going through. Before you read any of my thread it is important for you to demo them first before buying!! Time For New Irons

Identical situation for me!!! Here is my thread on the exact same search you are going through. Before you read any of my thread it is important for you to demo them first before buying!! Time For New Irons

That's gonna be REALLY hard though because apparently most down here are mindless automatons that will only regurgitate what all the media says and will only buy from the "Big 4" (Nike, Callaway, Taylormade, Cleveland) so NO pro-shops carry the Nickent stuff aside from their hybrids. It's funny cause like I said I really like the stuff of their's I own.

I own both sets of those irons and they both have their pros and cons. Nike Splits are great looking, solid feel, good distance and overall a great set of clubs. The 4DX has all of that, but is much softer. I think they are the softest irons I have tried this year. However with the Nickents they have the Nippon shafts standard. And while I like them, others find the ball flight a little too high.

I own both sets of those irons and they both have their pros and cons. Nike Splits are great looking, solid feel, good distance and overall a great set of clubs. The 4DX has all of that, but is much softer. I think they are the softest irons I have tried this year. However with the Nickents they have the Nippon shafts standard. And while I like them, others find the ball flight a little too high.

Okay then what is the biggest con for the Nike's when compared to the Nickent's and vice versa? And could you please define "too high"? I tend to have a very high ball flight with just standard clubs so would I loose some distance?

Pros and Cons

Nikes will have a more traditional ball flight
Nickents get up and stay up, however I have not lost any distance.
Nickents have a softer feel than the Nikes
The Nikes will have a better resale value or trade in value.
The Nikes have a slightly smaller club head and thinner top line however both are small and thin(going off memory)
The Nickents are slightly lighter
I prefer the looks of the Nickents, however most I talk to think the Nikes look better.

The fact is that they are similar clubs in shape and size. Figure out what you want to spend and which one you like. Get them fitted for you and you will be happy with either set.

THX a bunch!

Back