Niblick Length/Lie, Should I adjust it?

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
So the niblick is supposed to set up more upright to promote a putter like swing right? But you are also able to make a full swing at around 9 iron or PW distance as well right?

So if you were going to adjust the length/lie would you adjust like you do with your putter or your irons/wedges?

The reason I ask is that my irons are 2* upright & standard length while my putters are at 70* (2* flat) and cut down to 32.5" in length.

I'm open to thoughts from anyone, but particularly from those who use a niblick.

Cheers!

Everytime I see someone use one,they are too flat or they don't understand how to use it. You need to stand close to the ball and use your putter stroke. Unfortunatly,Way to many people,I've seen use are too flat and the ball will go left on you

Last edited:
So the niblick is supposed to set up more upright to promote a putter like swing right? But you are also able to make a full swing at around 9 iron or PW distance as well right?

So if you were going to adjust the length/lie would you adjust like you do with your putter or your irons/wedges?

The reason I ask is that my irons are 2* upright & standard length while my putters are at 70* (2* flat) and cut down to 32.5" in length.

I'm open to thoughts from anyone, but particularly from those who use a niblick.

Cheers!

I had mine adjusted to the same as my irons and it has worked flawlessly for me. I took my 9 iron out of the bag and use it on full shots as well as for shots around the green.

Thanks for the thoughts you too =)

JB - was there any issue bending it? I heard the hosel is prone to breakage when you adjust it.

It can be. I have heard the same thing. mine came from Cleveland like that.

Back