Tiger is to golf as _______is/was to______.

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
As MJ was to basketball? Can you think of other althletes who defined THEIR sport during THEIR time?

Ron Jeremy was to p*rn

Sure there are tons of them.

Muhammed Ali
Mike Tyson

OJ Simpson
Jim Brown

Magic Johnson
Larry Bird

Wayne Gretzky
Mario Lemieux

Jack Nicklaus
Arnold Palmer

Sandy Koufax
Hank Aaron

I could add a few more for baseball as well.

Babe Ruth
Mickey Mantle
Ted Williams

Lance Armstrong

First one in my brain too.

We've all been pretty fortunate to see some really amazing folks come to define their sport.

Nolan Ryan
Wayne Gretzky (sorry JB should have read all posts first)
Federer

Federer definitely. I dont think Nolan Ryan would be anywhere near this level accept in the state of TX. He was great and a huge talent and HOF, but in many areas in many season he was not even close to the best in the game each year.

Federer definitely. I dont think Nolan Ryan would be anywhere near this level accept in the state of TX. He was great and a huge talent and HOF, but in many areas in many season he was not even close to the best in the game each year.

I would have to agree but living in the town right next to his home town had to throw it out there. you know how us Texans are gotta look out for one another.

Michael Phelps is to swimming

Pele was to soccer

^^^^
Those were great. I think you could even put Beckham in that talk since he is such a worldly known figure.

David Bryant is to Lawn Bowling :laughing:

Earl Anthony to Bowling??

Hendrix was to Rock:clapp:
:clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp::clapp:
Best musician ever...well, maybe Robert Johnson.
If we had a boy, his name was to be Hendrix Strat:cool:

Rocky Marciano
Johnny Unitas
Earl Campbell
Oscar Robertson-the only pro basketball player to average a triple double for an entire season
John Force-funny cars

Last edited:
Carl Lewis to track & field
Bruce Lee to martial arts movies
Tony Hawk to skateboarding
Schumacher to F1
Megan Fox to being hot

The first one that came to my mind was Ali- larger than life and transcended the sport. Very few people in any sport have done that. I would argue that most named in this thread have. The other I would include here is Gretzky.

Or "BroomMaster" was to curling.

Back