Mizuno Hybrid Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the Mizuno hybrids that they sent over for the shoot out. They sent the MX-700s and said "we are really excited about this and look forward to the results.

586349844_mDmvp-L.jpg

586349775_eyomF-L.jpg

beautiful! Mizuno makes some great looking sticks....

Nice. Ive heard good things about the MX-700 hybrids and I look foreward to your review of them.

• Admin
We wont be reviewing these bake. Strictly for the hybrid shoot out.

Oh, my bad. In that case, I look foreward to seeing how they do in the shoot-out!

At first glance, form the top view, these don't do a lot for me. Maybe they need to grow on you. Of course, I'm used to mine.

Last edited:
I saw these in person and think they look cheap from the top. I realize that that they are not, but that top view is just weird.

At first glance, form the top view, these don't do a lot for me. Maybe they need to grow on you. Of course, I'm used to mine.

Yep...first thing I thought was U-G-L-Y.

• Admin
I just dont see that. Similar to the Clevelands and Nickents in my mind.

I agree JB, I don't find them unappealing. Now that Sumo2 hybrid is U-G-L-Y.

Really? I don't think they look anything like the Nickents.

I just dont see that. Similar to the Clevelands and Nickents in my mind.

Nickent never did the 'scoop' design...but itdoes remind me of the Cleveland Halo and the Ping G10...but even uglier. The bottom reminds me of a cheap Tommy Armour look. Mizzy should keep to the clean/classic look. It fits them very well. And aside from the tiny wings...Nickent has not done a drastic 2-color look at address either.

However the wings is their latest hybrid and they went two tone. That is what I was referring to. Im not a huge Mizzie fan, but I am looking at the bottom of the club, and I dont think it looks cheap at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

i dont see those often, because dicks doesnt sell mizuno :angry: ....or titleist(except for vokeys) :at-wits-end:

I dont see how they look cheap either. Mizuno doesnt make cheap clubs.
They do look kinda plain from the top though because there arent any kind of graphics.
Id be honored to have an MX-700 hybrid in my bag.

They do look kinda plain from the top though because there arent any kind of graphics.

I would have never guessed that you would have liked these.

I don't know of any hybrids that have graphics on the top. In person the top is a noticeable height difference from the silver and the black area...and the black is a carbon-fiberish look, or something similar.

I know Mizzy makes nothing cheap, never have...I just think clean and plain look suits them best....then again, you don't see many of their hybrids in bags at the course on the weekends.

I see tons of headcovers from Nickent, Nike, Cobra, and fewer Ping, TM, and Cleveland.....as far as hybrids go.

TM hybrids have graphics on some of them.

I never said they look cheap, I just don't like the way they look from the top view. They look OK to me on the bottom.

I would have never guessed that you would have liked these.
Im just full of surprises! :cool: You may be surprised to learn that I wasnt a fan of the MP Fli-Hi. I used to have a full set of them and I just never hit them very well.
I love my CLK Fli-Hi though. :D

I really, really, really wanted these in my bag. I went to the local Edwin Watts specifically to buy one. But when tried against others, for my swing they just were not right. I think the Mizunos were a significantly heavier club, and I had a really hard time controlling it. I love the way they look, though.

I really, really, really wanted these in my bag. I went to the local Edwin Watts specifically to buy one. But when tried against others, for my swing they just were not right. I think the Mizunos were a significantly heavier club, and I had a really hard time controlling it. I love the way they look, though.

You must not like the Nickent 5dx then either...it is quite heavy.

If I didn't get the Mizuno, the 5DX was the next choice. I hit the 5DX a bit better than the MX-700, but the clear overall winner was the Baffler TWS, at least for me. Straighter and much easier to get up.

They kind of have a look of the old TM Rescues that I carry- don't really look cheap at all.

BTW, the Bafflers are good clubs, still upset I snapped the shaft on mine.

They kind of have a look of the old TM Rescues that I carry- don't really look cheap at all.
I was thinking the same thing. The two tone on the rescue never really bugged me.

Back