Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years growing up I have acquired quite a few mainly based around hunting;

Ruger 'Stubby' .243
Converted German Mauser .257
Ruger Red Label 50th Anniversary 20 Gauge
Marlin .22 (First gun)

Looking to get my first pistol in a few months after the CCW class

That's it. It's been hard to find. Can't wait!!

Excited about the shotgun too!

They are hard to find but for good reason. Great firearm. Only downside is also finding mags for it as well.

That's it. It's been hard to find. Can't wait!!

Excited about the shotgun too!

yep, it was one of my best buys in the last few years, i love it.

They are hard to find but for good reason. Great firearm. Only downside is also finding mags for it as well.

I bought the desert eagle mags that fit it as well, i have 4 of them for practice, and keep the factory mags loaded with my self defense rounds. I have close to 3,000 rounds through the practice mags (desert eagle) and not a single hiccup.

I bought the desert eagle mags that fit it as well, i have 4 of them for practice, and keep the factory mags loaded with my self defense rounds. I have close to 3,000 rounds through the practice mags (desert eagle) and not a single hiccup.

I did the same thing with the mags, half the price and have had no issues with them.

I did the same thing with the mags, half the price and have had no issues with them.

For the life of me if i was Walther i would make a PPQ-L (long slide) 4.75-5.0 inch barrel, maybe 17 9mm rounds, and a PPQ-C, 10-12 9mm rounds 3.5 barrel.

For the life of me if i was Walther i would make a PPQ-L (long slide) 4.75-5.0 inch barrel, maybe 17 9mm rounds, and a PPQ-C, 10-12 9mm rounds 3.5 barrel.

Man, I would love to see a long slide version, maybe one geared to IDPA / USPSA like Springfield did with their Comp models. I'd be all over that.

Bhillin, good news for you, and congrats. It's a bit first step, just hope it carries through and they give you new law that is of benefit for you.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/..._state_ban_on_carrying_concealed_weapons.html

It's a huge step in the right direction; still a lot politics to be played in the next 6 months but a big win none the less. It's about time the federal courts finally stepped in seeing as the state can't get it's act together. I'm sure the Chicago area will still be very restrictive, but hopefully the rest of the state will be similar to most states in their restrictions.

Question about the gun in the post above: Some say that his scope is too high, but if he were to drop the scope down on lower rings, would the rear sight not be in the way of the scope? I would ideally like to be able to retain the rear sight so that I can drop the scope off and use the irons if I so desire.

Question about the gun in the post above: Some say that his scope is too high, but if he were to drop the scope down on lower rings, would the rear sight not be in the way of the scope? I would ideally like to be able to retain the rear sight so that I can drop the scope off and use the irons if I so desire.

just from a quick look, he is taking a easy on and off approach to his scope using a Quick Detach mount on his forward rail instead of removing his rear sight and mounting his scope as most would on a rifle.

Here is a extra elongated rail made for the Ruger Scout that lets you bring the scope back a bit but still be able to use a quick detach on it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/43...ount-rail-ruger-gunsight-scout-aluminum-matte

Yeah, the scout set up is made for that forward mounted scope for shooting with both eyes open and quick target acquisition. That's how I'd like to mount mine, with those quick release rings. I just don't want my rear sight interfering with the sight picture through the scope.

Picked up a Mossberg 500 with breacher barrel and pistol grip. Good for hunting turkey and hopefully never having to defend my home.

Too bad the story isn't accurate. The NRA was not involved in that way.

http://www.thegunmag.com/saf-wins-h...udge-says-right-to-bear-extends-outside-home/

Was a great victory for us and took a lot of work.

i am sure you are correct, as i have not looked into exact history of the push for getting concealed carry instated in Ill. Many grass roots do much of the work state to state, same here in NC the NC Grass roots works very hard to push the laws we want. the NRA still holds sway int eh grand scheme of things, and is a powerful player still in politics but i sometimes even wonder if they have become to big for their britches.

Just my 2 cents, that scope is very high. I would think in order to be able to zero the rifle you'd need a LOT of MOA adjustment in your scope. I've been out of competitive shooting for a while (golf has eaten me up, what can I say) but that scope is ridiculously high above the bore.

Victim of a home invasion here when I was about 19 and made me change my view on wanting one so quickly once I turned 21. When I turned of age I bought a Taurus PT-92 9mm. Nothing special but I got my Permit to carry as well and learned to shoot to get my cluster in a small enough area to where I felt confident using it if I ever had my life in danger again! Now since years have passed it does not come out really.

I have several, but i really like a recent purchase f a Wlther PK380. Nice soft shooting little gun. Fun to target shoot.

After the sad events of last week and all the nutjobs that might try something stupid to become famous I have started to strongly consider getting my carry permit. However, my Springfield XD 40 is a midsize handgun and would not be the most easily concealable. I'm considering trading it in and getting something more compact. I've read up on a few popular C&C guns but thought I'd pop in here and see if anyone has any suggestions. I don't want anything smaller than a 9mm.

After the sad events of last week and all the nutjobs that might try something stupid to become famous I have started to strongly consider getting my carry permit. However, my Springfield XD 40 is a midsize handgun and would not be the most easily concealable. I'm considering trading it in and getting something more compact. I've read up on a few popular C&C guns but thought I'd pop in here and see if anyone has any suggestions. I don't want anything smaller than a 9mm.

Kahr PM9 or CM9
S&W M&P Shield 9mm or .40
S&W M&P 9mm/.40/.357 sig compact
Ruger SP101
Ruger LC9
Glock 26,27 etc...

Golfdawg those are all models I have read about, have you had any experience with any of them? I know there is plenty available, but not all are equal in terms of reliability and performance.

Golfdawg those are all models I have read about, have you had any experience with any of them? I know there is plenty available, but not all are equal in terms of reliability and performance.

I can conceal a full size 1911. Its all about the holster.

I'd much rather have mid or full size ccw over a sub compact for the sight profile alone. I'd recommend shooting those baby pistols and comparing to your SA first you might just want to conceal it tbh

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back