World Golf Village?

I was talking with my husband this morning. He thinks there may be a lot of people who live there as a second home. Either people from up north, or Europe.

I'm not asking about your plans, but if you are thinking kids, you don't want to be the only ones in the neighborhood who have them. A mix of family types and ages is ideal. My kids' third set of grandparents (honorary, fo course) used to live next door, and it was great. I still miss them.

From everything we have read, they have fabulous school zones.

It seems some of the best public schools in Florida are right there. If we have kids it won't be for at least another 5 years so for now the only reason I care about good schools is for the resale value. We both agree we are too lazy and selfish for kids right now. So many of my girlfriends are either pregnant or just had babies and right now that is the last thing on my mind. I keep wondering if my clock will ever tick (but that's for another time...) It sounds like this is a pretty family oriented area so I want to make sure if we ever sell the house that we are in a good school district.

From everything we have read, they have fabulous school zones.

It's more than school. Once they're five or six, you want to push them out the door and have them play with neighborhood kids.

Once again I fixed your typo

That's what I tell my kids to do all the time.

Of course, with the places you're looking at, the big challenge will be keeping them away from the golf carts. Despite all the signs about minimum age to drive being 17, The Kid keeps begging.

St Augustine is a very nice, historic town, but locals suffer from the weekend tourist trap festivities. The WGV has some great condos and homes, and the deals now are fantastic, since many of the places were investments that went sour and many are in foreclosure up there. It's 40 minutes from Daytona Beach and 30 minutes from Jax, so it's pretty well located.

Both courses are in great shape, and the designs are different enough from each other to be fun to play all the time. They have deals going during the summer where you can play all day with lunch for $99 on the King & Bear and $89 on the Slammer & Squire. After 11 the prices drop to $79 and $69. They also have a good deal called the "playcation"

Florida Golf Courses - World Golf Village - St. Augustine, FL

The PGA Tour golf academy, which is a great facility for lessons and clinics, and of course the hall of fame, Imax theatre and the PGA Tour Stop golf shop all a short walk from the Slammer & Squire pro shop.

I played there a few weekends ago and both courses are in great shape. Definitely a must play in the region.

Thank you everybody for your input. I think we may have decided against this one. We love the area, and the courses, however with an Iniation of 10k-15k for the membership, we were hoping for more of a private place. They want that for a public course.

In the end I found myself saying there is no way I was going to pay that kind of money for a membership at a course that anybody can walk up and play.

Thank you everybody for your input. I think we may have decided against this one. We love the area, and the courses, however with an Iniation of 10k-15k for the membership, we were hoping for more of a private place. They want that for a public course.

In the end I found myself saying there is no way I was going to pay that kind of money for a membership at a course that anybody can walk up and play.

Just down the road from the WGV (about 10 minutes) is a private community called Palencia. I'm playing there Sunday. It's a nice Arthur Hills course.

PALENCIA

Might be worth a look.

I have played Palencia a few times and although I like it, it is notorious for slow play.

World Golf Village course management company has been purchased by Troon Golf. I enjoy the WGV courses and have a few friends who work there. Hope they keep their staff intact and improve/keep course conditions.

Troon,[SUP]®[/SUP] the leader in upscale golf course management, development and marketing, is pleased to announce it has acquired Honours Golf, the premier golf management company in the Southeastern United States.

Honours Golf currently manages 16 golf courses located across Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and North Carolina. The portfolio includes many exceptional golf courses designed by some of the most well-known golf course architects in the industry, each offering its own unique experience yet unified by the Honours trademark of exceptional golf course conditions and Southern hospitality. The transaction combines two successful brands in the golf and hospitality industry known for extraordinary levels of services and expertise.

Full Article:
http://www.troongolf.com/troon_news.cml?view=652

I played the King & Bear, very nice course and took my 1st lesson there with a quite famous teacher Travis something and could not hit a ball for 3 months afterwards. #gotinmybrain

The Palm Coast area is very nice and some great golf

That's interesting news re: Troon at WGV. Hope they don't get rid of the apple barrels at the turn! Great courses.

I used to work at the PGA Tour and although we could get into the Hall of Fame for free anytime, we rarely got juice on the courses with Honours Golf. Didn't make a lot of sense, we'd have played quite a bit in the summer. Hopefully Troon will take care of my old coworkers a bit better.

Back