Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
This looks a bit like what Hunter Mahan was swinging at the Colonial that I was asking about a few weeks ago:

ping-g15-driver-1.jpg

His was a little more blacked out though, I'm assuming for confidentiality purposes.

Thanks GB. There are a lot of pictures floating around about these. They should be hitting stores 9/1 from what we are hearing.

Has there been any press release, or anything describing the technology, and improvements over previous offerings yet?

I'm curious about the new stock shafts as well. The TFC129's were pretty darn good for stock shafts.

Ping keeps most of their stuff under wraps before release. Few reviews and even less descriptions. They are being made overseas like the last version and rumor has it feel incredibly similar to the G10 from what some tour players are saying. However we cannot confirm or deny any of that of course.

interesting. i loved the g10 when i had it then i started hitting it really high when i got my swing plane back on track due to the stock shaft which was high launch i believe. i love my r9 but i will have to give the new ping a try when it comes out just for fun

Geez, the new irons aren't even out yet (or due for several months) and the counterfeiters are already selling them:

200961611512795491.jpg

Or maybe those came straight from the factory where they are made Harry. hehe

Or maybe those came straight from the factory where they are made Harry. hehe

I could see the workers taking home a few trophies everyday & selling them.

Just got the newest Golf Digest and it has a picture of the Ping i15 driver in it (it looks very similar to the G15 above).

Just got the newest Golf Digest and it has a picture of the Ping i15 driver in it (it looks very similar to the G15 above).

Actually, that MyGolfSpy photo is labeled as i15 on the MGS site, so it probably is the same club.

What page is that on in GD?

Looks an awful lot the G10. Id be interested to hear more about it and see what changes/improvements Ping has made.
Ive always heard good things about the G10 drivers, so I'll be interested to read a review of the G15.
About the Chinese counterfits: its not a surprise. Yet another reason why Im not a fan of things being made in China.

Anyone know if this is any different than the G10? Seems like PING's Clubs are pretty similar each year, but I know they work:comp:

Im sure it is going to be quite different. They release every 2 years and make changes. They will be releasing media info soon.

Just got a little bit of news that Charles Howell III has changed drivers again. This time to the Ping G15. 5th driver this year for him.

Just got a little bit of news that Charles Howell III has changed drivers again. This time to the Ping G15. 5th driver this year for him.

JB, have you ever met Scooter or at least seen a picture of him? I am starting to think Scooter and Charles Howell III may be the same person.

I have played 2 rounds with scooter...hehe

I absolutely love my G10 and really have no plans on getting rid of it any time in the near future. I have no idea what the TFC 129 is like- got mine with the Grafalloy. I would like to hit the G15 and I15 just to see what they are like, though.

Ping Shows i15 and G15 Drivers to Pros Before British Open - The Shop Blog

July 12, 2009
Ping Shows i15 and G15 Drivers to Pros Before British Open
Posted at 9:51 PM by David Dusek | Categories: British Open , Drivers , Ping

6a00d8341caaef53ef01157106c12e970c-pi

In the days leading up to the British Open, Ping Golf started showing its newest drivers to tour professionals.

The Ping i15 is designed for players who are seeking more playability off the tee, while the Ping G15 is meant for players who want a forgiving driver that is designed to hit the ball straight.

Golfers who currently play the Ping G10 driver will find that the G15 (left in photo) maintains ball speed on off-center hits more effectively. The G15 also spins the ball less than the G10 and launches it at a slightly higher angle, which should help increase carry. An external weight pad moves the center of gravity lower and deeper to improve launch conditions. Although both clubs will set square at address, the G15 will be available in both neutral and draw versions.

The shaft of the Ping G15 has a balance point closer to the handle area, which allowed designers to leave more mass in the head without sacrificing the overall balance of the club. Big deal you say? Well, more mass delivered at the same speed yields more power, which increases ball speed across the entire face.

The i15 (right in photo) is intended for high-swing-speed players. The crown and face of the club are slightly more rounded than the G15 for greater energy transfer on shots hit in the center of the face. The center of gravity is low, but more forward in the head than the G15, so drives hit with the i15 should fly slightly lower, with less spin and a more penetrating trajectory.

The face of the i15 driver is square at address, but the internal weight of the club encourages a fade to help heavy-hitters avoid missing left.

If any players use the G15 or i15 at Turnberry this week, The Shop blog will be sure to let you know.

i would like to try both just to see that difference. now that they have 3 different drivers on the market, will the g15 play kind of a middle man role between the i15 and the rapture in terms of launch height and forgiveness? if i cant get my shaft thing figured out in my r9 i might try to get an i15

Might be time to retire the G2.

Back