Weekend Plans 7/10 - 7/12

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Smallville is slacking off, so I wanted to start this for everybody.

I'll finally get out golfing today. Not at my home course unfortunatly, Golf by myself tomorrow at my home course. And hopefully golf Sunday, besides that. I have to look after my dogs for the weekend as my parents are away. Boooring.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh :wilt: No golf for me this weekend, attending a funeral Saturday and family day on Sunday... Next weekend I'm going to be fishing in Georgia, so no golf next weekend either..

I say remove him from the payroll.

I'll be doing yard work at my parents this weekend. We've got some family coming in next week for a family reunion so they need to get the house and yard cleaned up. I'll also be resting up for my company outing on Thursday. I'll probably hit the range on Monday or Tuesday just to get the muscles moving and work on a couple of things.

golf tomorrow and rest on sunday

Saturday...going to practice putting 'till my back breaks. Then I'm going to the grocery store and by be the best rib eye steak I can find and pick up some frozen french fries and some canned baked beans. Sunday I'm going to EastLake CC and try to break the century mark in my game and then........go home and have some bourbon and maybe have a me a second cigar from my sampler pack that just arrived and cook that steak to celebrate my birthday. Which is Monday the 13th. That's right. The 13th. I'll always wonder if that had anything to do with the luck I have had in life. Actually, I've been quite lucky. Ha! I'll be fiddy foe. Good gawd man where did it all go!

Women's US Open tomorrow, but I have yet to figure out who to follow. I'd prefer to follow a player/group for the entire course, rather than stay in one spot and watch everyone come through.

Sunday I want to squeeze in range time and the muni course, but not sure how it's gonna happen. Hubby and Boo girl have a Daddy/Daughter weekend with their Y Explorers group, and The Kid will object enough to the Open, never mind the rest of it. I'll take him to Benihana's tomorrow evening to mollify him.

No golf this weekend driving down to Mobile Alabama later this afternoon to see my daughter and granddaughter. Tomorrow we are driving over to Pensacola Beach, Florida to see the Blue Angels Air Show.

Tonight my girlfriend and I are making ribs on the grill, corn on the cob and mashed sweetpotatos.
Tomorrow we are just gonna kinda hang out and I might go play golf and on Sunday my girlfriend is running in a 5K, so Im going to that to cheer her on.

Wife wants to go see the truck pulls in Beaver Dam tonight. Tomorrow I have an 8:40 tee time at Silver Springs, That's all I have planned right now.

Tonight's cigar night with the guys.

Tomorrow - I'll pull the wifeymobile into the shop for some maintenance: ball joints, axle seal, power steering flush, bleed brakes, service rear diff. I hope to finish by midnight or so. Honda wants an astronomical sum to do the work.

Sunday - I plan to do absolutely nothing. I want to sleep late, watch some TV and just chill. Next week is going to suck at work. Got a big job due, and it's not going very quickly so far. I may not make it home until Wednesday

Last edited:
A little golf this evening.

Saturday will be a day of hiking up in the Red Rock Canyon area west of Vegas. Going to take my our new pup along for company. 7 months old, and already 90 lbs. This youngster will be carrying his own water.

Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Las Vegas, Nevada

Sunday I think I will drag the boat to the lake with my better half for some early morning striper fishing. A late morning swim might also be in order. :comp:

Saturday will be a day of hiking up in the Red Rock Canyon area west of Vegas. Going to take my our new pup along for company. 7 months old, and already 90 lbs. This youngster will be carrying his own water.

Sunday I think I will drag the boat to the lake with my better half for some early morning striper fishing. A late morning swim might also be in order. :comp:

I took a mountain bike trip up to Red Rock, we did about 15 miles or so of trail in an afternoon. Beautiful, I really want to go back again.

Take some pics!~

I thought Diane took this over!

Gotta 6:16 standing tee time tomorrow morning - and the forcast looks good. :blob:

Sunday - I'm hoping to take my wife :beauty: on a drive up the coast of Maine - get some fresh lobsta (her fav - not mine) and just enjoy the fresh air...... :angel:

One time isn't a takeover. Just holidays or other days I think are important like my birthday.

Isn't the big day coming soon?

Teeing it up in a scramble (I hate scrambles) tomorrow at 7:30 at Del Lago GC. The only good thing about this is the company and the course. (Did I mention I hate scrambles?)

Sunday, I may go play the Ritz-Carlton Course at Dove Mountain. Not sure yet. If not, I will walk on one of the city courses.

Im playing Sunday morning and played today. Im just going to relax tomorrow.

This weekend my course is hosting a Mini-Tour Pro AM so today was practice rounds, played 27 holes. I've got an early time tomorrow (8:40) and won't know our Sunday tee time until tomorrow sometime, played well today in practice, I hope that carries over!!!

Last night we went out to dinner and had a good time. THis morning we went to GG's ladies golf clinic and hit some balls. We are relaxing today and then we are going to the Rays game tonight at 6pm.

Tomorrow will be errands and then review writing.

Tonight my girlfriend and I are making ribs on the grill, corn on the cob and mashed sweetpotatos.
Tomorrow we are just gonna kinda hang out and I might go play golf and on Sunday my girlfriend is running in a 5K, so Im going to that to cheer her on.
The ribs last night were amazing, as were the sweet potatoes and the sweetcorn! I love food thats cooked on a charcoal grill! :D

AHHH the old days of hiking Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire...Mt Charleston and Lee Canyon... The days when Vegas only had 150,000 people and there was only 1 homicide per night and not 5....those were the days...

Swing shift this weekend pretty much did me in for golf....
Family events in the morning..work in the afternoon....

Yeah, there is over 500,000 folks living in the City of Las Vegas now. Valley wide is probably 2 plus million more or less. The place has grown. As for the murder rate your number of 5 per night might be a little off. I think we are averaging 9 a month right now. Last year we averaged 5 per month. Still pretty high, and has us ranked nationally...lol I have lived here all my life, and have only seen one murder...in a WalMart parking lot.

Mt Charleston, Red Rock, Valley of Fire and Lee's Canyon are still nice places to visit if you don't mind crowds. We hiked an 8 mile loop today, and only met 10 other folks on the trail.

Of course one of the nice things about Vegas is after dinner last night I put a dollar in a slot and turned it into $500.00 after only 3 pulls. Can't do that in too many other places. :clapp:

AHHH the old days of hiking Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire...Mt Charleston and Lee Canyon... The days when Vegas only had 150,000 people and there was only 1 homicide per night and not 5....those were the days...

Back