What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a decent 88 for me from the back at Pine Island (pineislandcc.com)

Only about 6650 yards, but a par 71. 6 effin doubles, 5 pars, and a birdie. I suck at putting.

I shot a decent 88 for me from the back at Pine Island (pineislandcc.com)

Only about 6650 yards, but a par 71. 6 effin doubles, 5 pars, and a birdie. I suck at putting.

Man that's a good score. Putting is killing me too. I have maybe 5 or 6 holes with a chance for a loonnngggg par shot. At the very least a boggy. End up +2 and 3 chasing that stupid ball around. Makes me so mad I could pull my hair out. I ain't touching it though 'cause it's getting pretty thin on top. 88's is good. This game is hard bro! What's your best?

played 36 holes today. first time I have been out on the course in several weeks. just havn't had time for golf lately. First round I shot a 90 which was my best round ever and surprising to me since I used a 3W off the tee the entire round since the driver has been misbehaving the past few months.

second round I borrowed a buddy's spare driver and shot a 88...my first time ever to break 90. Needless to say I was pleased with my Friday.

Two personal bests in consecutive rounds on the same day. Nice shooting CCR.

Whoa...way to swing and congratulations on the PB!

Man that's a good score. Putting is killing me too. I have maybe 5 or 6 holes with a chance for a loonnngggg par shot. At the very least a boggy. End up +2 and 3 chasing that stupid ball around. Makes me so mad I could pull my hair out. I ain't touching it though 'cause it's getting pretty thin on top. 88's is good. This game is hard bro! What's your best?

My personal best is a 78...3 different times. I best this year is only a couple of 85's though. I actually had a weird day today, I killed drives all day down the middle but only hit 9 greens. 9 greens pretty good for me though, but should have been better considering my driving. 41 putts today though! Only 1 penalty stroke which is really good for me right now, but 41 putts with my new XRAY putter. Mainly since it was not my course and they were super slick all day long, just not used to them that fast right now.

I played like crap today at TPC. Shot a 105 with 36 putts. It was really hot out there though and I wasnt feeling it. Im going back there Sunday morning.

My personal best is a 78...3 different times. I best this year is only a couple of 85's though. I actually had a weird day today, I killed drives all day down the middle but only hit 9 greens. 9 greens pretty good for me though, but should have been better considering my driving. 41 putts today though! Only 1 penalty stroke which is really good for me right now, but 41 putts with my new XRAY putter. Mainly since it was not my course and they were super slick all day long, just not used to them that fast right now.

Man I'm trying to find 10 lousy strokes to get in the 90's. I would need to take off 32 strokes to hit a 78. How in world am I ever gonna do that! Ha! 78's is serious game. Congratulations on that. I feel your pain on the putting. I'm going tomorrow and spend some quality time with the ping. I counted it up...I could have beat the hundred already if I could putt. Keep up the good swinging WWPSD and one day...they'll fall in the hole. Ha!

...man this is a good thread. I love hearing (reading) about the rounds...

This weekend is the Bakker Crossing Charity Pro AM a Dakotas Tour (Mini Tour) event held at my home course. We played our practice rounds today and I shot 81, course is a par 71 I shot a 40 on the front and a 41 on the back. I had 2 birdies, one on the #1 handicap hole tomorrow and Sunday that'll be a sporty little net eagle. This was probably the best I had played all season, I leaked some oil down the stretch, I tee'd up on hole 14 even par for the back 9 and ended up going double/double/bogey/bogey/par on the final 5 holes, that hurts!!! I have to leave today's practice round feeling really well though, I only had a couple of bad holes and a lot of easy stress free pars. Hopefully this will carry over to the weekend!

This weekend is the Bakker Crossing Charity Pro AM a Dakotas Tour (Mini Tour) event held at my home course. We played our practice rounds today and I shot 81, course is a par 71 I shot a 40 on the front and a 41 on the back. I had 2 birdies, one on the #1 handicap hole tomorrow and Sunday that'll be a sporty little net eagle. This was probably the best I had played all season, I leaked some oil down the stretch, I tee'd up on hole 14 even par for the back 9 and ended up going double/double/bogey/bogey/par on the final 5 holes, that hurts!!! I have to leave today's practice round feeling really well though, I only had a couple of bad holes and a lot of easy stress free pars. Hopefully this will carry over to the weekend!

Awesome P4B, im betting we see great scores like that from you come Sunday.

Thanks Gas, I hope so man. I've really been starting to round into form, there are a few loose ends but overall the game is solid right now. I'll certainly keep you all posted!

I shot a smooth 62. Then it got to dark, and marshal guy told us we had to leave. We still had 4 holes to go....:clapp:

Last night I was playing in a local drinking league at Pelican Bay here in Daytona. Playing the front nine, I made 3 birdies, shot 34 and won $74 in skins. Woo Hoo!

I played there once..
tight little course...

No bunkers at all? I just assumed that all courses had them - that it was mandated in the big book of golf course design. Do they have more of other hazards? Is the course rated?

No Diane, no Bunkers No Hazards at all, unless you consider hitting it in the oak leaves hazards...you will never find your ball guaranteed, the course is not rated, it is the local goat track, so it is hard to figure a handicap, supposedly it is 5611 yards and par 66 for men 69 for women, I've broken 100 on it 5 times so far since sept of last year, membership is 480.00 a year for me and my girlfriend everyone around here kind of gives a snicker when they ask me where I golf at. I don't give a crap it is all I can afford and have fun and you don't get the attitude that you would get at the nicer places that is all that matters to me.

No bunkers at all? I just assumed that all courses had them - that it was mandated in the big book of golf course design. Do they have more of other hazards? Is the course rated?

We have a Robert Trent Jones course here called the River Course...No sand anywhere but water comes into play on 14 of 18 holes..

Its sisters course, the Highlands, has 2 holes that have water and I believe every hole has at least 1 trap...

Both very nice courses....

Played yesterday - shot a 44 on the front and a 41 on the back. I was scrambling all day - only hit 3 GIR.....

41- Drove the ball exceptionally well and not much went right after that.

No Diane, no Bunkers No Hazards at all, unless you consider hitting it in the oak leaves hazards...you will never find your ball guaranteed, the course is not rated, it is the local goat track, so it is hard to figure a handicap, supposedly it is 5611 yards and par 66 for men 69 for women, I've broken 100 on it 5 times so far since sept of last year, membership is 480.00 a year for me and my girlfriend everyone around here kind of gives a snicker when they ask me where I golf at. I don't give a crap it is all I can afford and have fun and you don't get the attitude that you would get at the nicer places that is all that matters to me.

We have a Robert Trent Jones course here called the River Course...No sand anywhere but water comes into play on 14 of 18 holes..

That's interesting - no bunkers. I think I'd like playing those courses. Sand is not my friend.

92 on a really hard course. I was extremely unlucky.

Hit the best drive of my life... just CRUSHED it. I'm guessing it went up to 285. Went down the fairway and never found it. :(

On a par 3 island hole..it hit off some wooden plank next to the green and flew 90 yds into the water.

On another par 3 island hole, it hit some rocks in the front of the green and flew 40 yds backwards into the water.

Hit a perfect 5i shot...took some crazy bounce into the woods. Did this 3x. Yes, 3x.

Hit a nice 250 yd drive down the middle...hit off something and kicked directly right...into the woods.

It was unbelievable. I've never had this happen in my life.

And then..the golf gods gave me a birdie on 18.

That's interesting - no bunkers. I think I'd like playing those courses. Sand is not my friend.

There is a THP TV episode where our THP pro shows and talks about a great way to play the shot. It helped me and so many others I know.

Played at TPC again today. Shot a 46 and 52 for a 98, with 35 putts. I blew up on the 18th and ended up with a 9, I was so pissed.:at-wits-end: Its a tuff 18th there and I fell apart.

My apologies what I meant to say when I said "around here": it wasn't the board I mean't people locally in the Binghamton area.

Oh by the way I shot a 49 on the back 9 with 19 putts and my fiancee shot a 48 man it is getting hard trying to keep the putts around 15 for 9 that is what the year end goal will be anyway.

I shot a 78 that I am damn proud of. It was hot, no breeze, and no clouds. Plus I stayed in the fairways most of the day where there was no shade. My out of town visitors were soundly beaten, and sun burned when they left to go back to their room. :clapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back