Craig Mac

Reaction score
After thinking about for a while my decission was made for me today. This afternoon my three year old Motorola Razor stopped working. I took it out to the car and plugged it in to the charger to see if the battery was dead. From there it wouldn't do anything. I left it plugged in to the charger on the way home from work, and after stopping at the store when I started the car "Charging Battery" came up on the screen. So I half openned it and powered it up. The phone came on but once I openned the phone again it went blank.

After taking it apart several times and powering it up I found I could partially open it and use it long enough to transfer the numbers over to my SIM card. I then headed up to the store and browsed phones. Let me tell you, I am the worst person in the world to be doing that because I never know what I want. So I avoid the salespeople for the first 30 minutes I am there, then started asking questions. After I asked all the necessary questions and weighed all the pros and cons, I made my decission...

blackberry-curve-8900.jpg

Now I'll probably spend most of the evening playing with my new toy. Any one got any tips or suggestions for me??

I have had them since before they were even phones. You are going to love it. A couple of easy tips that everybody should no.

When deleting emails and thinking it could take forever, if you click on a date rather than an email, you can delete all prior. Rather than going through one by one.

In your email list, click S and you can search through all of them for a name or email.

In email, you can click T to go to the top of the list and B to go to the bottom.

Since they have a million icons, you can click the Blackberry icon to hide the ones you are not going to use. Highly recommended.

I could go on for hours with these, but this is a good start for email.

Wait, so what phone is that? The BB Bold? Storm? idk my Blackberrys..haha.

I'm getting this in a week or two.. :D

white-iphone3gs.jpg

White 16GB iPhone 3GS. w00t

Congrats!

It the BB Curve 8900, iPhones are great!! I am with t-mobile and due to keeping it in my pocket I was worried I'd damage the touchscreen, plus fat fingers don't work at all with the touch screen keyboards I found.

Nice Craig, im with you on staying away from the touch screen. Im thinking of getting away from the whole windows mobile thing and getting a blackberry.

It the BB Curve 8900, iPhones are great!! I am with t-mobile and due to keeping it in my pocket I was worried I'd damage the touchscreen, plus fat fingers don't work at all with the touch screen keyboards I found.

Yeah, you either like it or you don't.

Congrats on the new BB. There are so many BB's these days. Storm, Curve, Bold, etc. etc.

I have had them all. As GG says, I have a new phone every month. Always come back to the Blackberry. By far the best email there is.

I would have thought the phone would be able to use Wi-Fi for web browsing but I guess it's only for calls??? Sure is slow posting like this!

On most WiFi enabled Blackberrys, you can use it for internet. I dont know how Tmobile has it setup.

Do Blackberrys sink directly with your Outlook, ie. Contacts and Calendar and such?

Do Blackberrys sink directly with your Outlook, ie. Contacts and Calendar and such?

Yes they do GM. I have spent the last two days tweaking this thing and now have it loaded up with music and video. I put Caddyshack on there for those days when I have a little time to kill.

I made the switch last fall. JB actually helped me a buncho...check my wayyyyyy old posts.
Crackberrydotcom is your best friend for the first few weeks! Serious, browse that forum.

I made the switch last fall. JB actually helped me a buncho...check my wayyyyyy old posts.
Crackberrydotcom is your best friend for the first few weeks! Serious, browse that forum.

I have looked at that place and a few others, to be honest I don't see myself adding a whole lot of apps to my phone. I did buy a windows app to convert my dvd's to mpeg4 so I could put them on my phone but can't imagine I'll ever watch a whole movie on my phone....

It can be good on plane rides since you can turn your cell reception off and just watch video.

Craig, I don't do apps either.
Thing is, the place has tons of info for simple cleanup of the phone, etc. I know 1/10th of what phone users do, but my friends ask me to...">>>>" when messy, etc. Gotta think of it as a micro computer. refresh, cleanup, etc. Get rid of stock apps that take up space and such. It will run smoother and so forth.
Also, as JB told me, get Opera mini for web browsing.

Great phones/computer/office manager/girlfriend lol. Can'y imagine not having it. The battery lasts forever on mine and lots of memory, or at least I don't need a lot.

Crackberry's a good site as is blackberryforums.com

Enjoy

I have had Blackberries and almost every other smart phone... for me, hands down, it is the iPhone. I have a clear protector over the touch screen that is changable as well as a rubber bootie over it to prevent breaking it if I drop it. It does everything! I mean there are literally thousands of apps available for this thing. I have the 3G 8gig model, but will be upgrading to the 3GS in a few weeks. My life is in this stupid thing.

I was the exact opposite CT. I have also had every single smart phone out there including the IPhone. I liked it a lot, but had a few major issues. No MMS...really? The cheapest phones on the market have it now. The phone volume was also an issue for me. But the killer is sending emails on a touch screen. If you send more than 20 emails a day from your phone of any length, the touch screen was a definite hassle for me compared to tactile buttons.

But every person is different. As for apps, they do have just about everything for the Iphone. They also have just about everything I would ever use for a BB.

Another problem with the I phone I have is no copy and paste.

I was the exact opposite CT. I have also had every single smart phone out there including the IPhone. I liked it a lot, but had a few major issues. No MMS...really? The cheapest phones on the market have it now. The phone volume was also an issue for me. But the killer is sending emails on a touch screen. If you send more than 20 emails a day from your phone of any length, the touch screen was a definite hassle for me compared to tactile buttons.

But every person is different. As for apps, they do have just about everything for the Iphone. They also have just about everything I would ever use for a BB.

iPhone's have MMS now.

Anyways...should be getting the 3GS on the 16th or 17th....I'm excited! XD

Another problem with the I phone I have is no copy and paste.

They have that as well now.

iPhone's have MMS now.

Anyways...should be getting the 3GS on the 16th or 17th....I'm excited! XD

They have that as well now.

I was speaking of my version floppy. They are great entertainment toys. However for a power email user, I was left in the dark.

Back