Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealing with an accountant who probably should have retired some years ago. I seriously don't think he understands the (fairly simple) issue. Somehow, even though it's the client's accountant, it's my job to get the numbers right. And I don't have all the supporting data.

Did I mention the meeting is in three hours? And the tax filings are due next week?

Kidney stones suck..so does getting older.
Have a follow up appointment with the urologist tomorrow to see if the stone I currently have has gotten any bigger or has started to migrate.

Oh, that's right--I'd forgotten about your kidney stones in all the excitement about your heart valves.

Me, I plan to stay eternally young. Once the early Alzheimer's kicks in, I will.

Once? :D

i guess caffeine is supposed to help prevent.....................................wait what were we talking about? :laugh:

I've put together 2 puzzles in the last year. Both have been missing a piece. :angry: Maybe the piece comes up missing while I'm putting it together or maybe it's just missing from the beginning but after spending months putting together that 1,000+ piece puzzle it would be nice if I had all the damn pieces. The worst part is I contacted the company after I found that the first puzzle was missing a piece and they sent me a whole new puzzle. I was going through the pieces last night and I think that same damn piece is missing from the new puzzle too. I'm not sure I want to even try to get the other puzzle I was working on replaced.

Kidney stones suck..so does getting older.
Have a follow up appointment with the urologist tomorrow to see if the stone I currently have has gotten any bigger or has started to migrate.

The only thing good about kidney stones is the morphine they give you for pain. Only problem is it doesn't last long enough! Ouch! I put this down as one of those once in a lifetime experiences that I really don't want to repeat.

Losing a club sucks!!! I realized yesterday I lost my Lob Wedge so I called the club house had anyone returned my VR 60/10 NO!!!!! I don't understand why people cant be honest......... Oh well I guess its my fault anyhow I shouldnt have been careless enough to leave it by a green.

Losing a club sucks!!! I realized yesterday I lost my Lob Wedge so I called the club house had anyone returned my VR 60/10 NO!!!!! I don't understand why people cant be honest......... Oh well I guess its my fault anyhow I shouldnt have been careless enough to leave it by a green.

I will never understand how people can walk away with someone else's club. I've returned/turned in more than I can remember.

:bad:

I will never understand how people can walk away with someone else's club. I've returned/turned in more than I can remember.

:bad:

you and me both I guess Karma still wasn't on my side though :confused2:

Or someone else's Bushnell rangefinder!!!!!

Sorry, momentary lapse of concentration.

My client, the whiny, needy, divorcee who can't let go, just fired her divorce lawyer. Two days before the hearing where she's trying to reopen the property settlement. I think we talked her out of representing herself, but now I have to find her a divorce lawyer. Great. The best one I know is a partner of her ex-husband's divorce lawyer, so that's out.

If working with this woman has taught me one thing, it's that almost anything is better than divorce.

I've put together 2 puzzles in the last year. Both have been missing a piece. :angry: Maybe the piece comes up missing while I'm putting it together or maybe it's just missing from the beginning but after spending months putting together that 1,000+ piece puzzle it would be nice if I had all the damn pieces. The worst part is I contacted the company after I found that the first puzzle was missing a piece and they sent me a whole new puzzle. I was going through the pieces last night and I think that same damn piece is missing from the new puzzle too. I'm not sure I want to even try to get the other puzzle I was working on replaced.

I sense a conspiracy.

My client, the whiny, needy, divorcee who can't let go, just fired her divorce lawyer. Two days before the hearing where she's trying to reopen the property settlement. I think we talked her out of representing herself, but now I have to find her a divorce lawyer. Great. The best one I know is a partner of her ex-husband's divorce lawyer, so that's out.

If working with this woman has taught me one thing, it's that almost anything is better than divorce.

... unless you have a lock on a good lawyer!

Those Geico Caveman commercials. They've really gone on long enough. I don't even understand them anymore.

But for my BIGGEST rant...parking lots that look like they connect, but then have thin strips of curbs and grass in the middle. So you're driving around a lot trying to get out and you can't escape!

I hate those parking lot "mazes" too Julie!

But for my BIGGEST rant...parking lots that look like they connect, but then have thin strips of curbs and grass in the middle. So you're driving around a lot trying to get out and you can't escape!
Thats the best part about having a truck, I just drive over them.:act-up:

It occurred to me this morning--between horrible weather, special events, and life in general, I have played 27 holes of stroke play on USGA rated courses so far this season--18 of them in Cancun in April. I got an email last night that my league is scrambling tomorrow. Grrr!

Granted, I'm mid-swing rebuild, so I suck right now, but I want to know how badly I suck.

I will say, the workers should have put up some form of barrier/warning BEFORE removing the manhole cover.

BUT! If the girl had just been paying attention she would never have fallen through. :banghead:

Moral of the story - watch where you're walking or you might step in ....

I hate trying so hard to find people to golf with. One of my friends screwed me over, and now I have a membership at a club where I don't really know anyone. I have some a tough time finding friends to golf with.

I hate trying so hard to find people to golf with. One of my friends screwed me over, and now I have a membership at a club where I don't really know anyone. I have some a tough time finding friends to golf with.

Booooo Dent's "friend"!!! :bad:

Does the club have a league you could join? The first couple of days might be a little uncomfortable, but I bet you could meet some cool people. Maybe you could even get the club to start a "junior" or "young players" league (like 25 and under or something) if they don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back