THP Buckle and what it means to me..(plus pics)

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Hi Everyone,

I am rather new here with a measly 400 posts, but I wanted to let you know how I feel about this site and the people that run it. I have been a semi-active member of at least 3 other golf forums before my friend Tom turned me on to this site. Once I started looking around and reading the posts from both the members and the administration, I knew I had found a new home. While I still occasionally drop a note or two on the other forums, my home is now at HackersParadise. Period..

While it takes some time to get to know the other members of any forum, the aspect of Hackers that stood out IMMEDIATELY was the passion and effort that was put forth by JB and staff. I have never visited any website where the owners went so far out of their way to make sure that all your needs were taken care of. I don't know how many PM's I have sent JB, GG and Hacker, only to have them replied to in less than an hour if not minutes.

Hackers goes out of its way to make this the best golf forum around. From reviews to contests to debates ranging from golf to politics, this site is a one stop shop for everything golf. Geez...it has its own online golf pro to answer questions for free...Where else do you find that type of service in an Internet Forum? Josh and company are really trying to make Hackers a home for the new as well as avid golfer....They are succeeding in grand fashion. Heck, I could not give them $40 for the charity raffle fast enough once I found out what this site was all about....

This brings me to another reason behind this post: The THP Belt Buckle. For some people, purchasing the buckle was a way to help out THP. Sure..that's true, but the main reason I purchased a buckle was to symbolize the fact that I belong to a very special group of people. I spend a couple of hours every day reading and responding to posts in every category you can think of...from golf to fashion...from jokes to real life stories..I look forward to lunch at work and to getting home to see what crazy antics everyone is up to. I also look forward to the next "Caption This" contest...or the next cool review...or maybe it's a tip from the resident PRO...or maybe just light banter on a non-golf related subject. For me, THP satisfies an internet friendship that I only hope will grow stronger with the passing of time. The THP Buckle is a symbol of the friends I have met thus far at this forum and also a reminder of the friends I have yet to meet in this ever growing forum we call HackersParadise.

For those of you that did not purchase a buckle....I do not know what you are waiting for. There were only 25 made and they represent the best golf forum out there today...bar none. If you appreciate Josh and what he has done as much as I do, grab one of these buckles and wear it proudly. Not only will it help THP out, it will spread the word about our great forum...

Without further ado, some pictures of this great buckle attached to some of my golf outfits...(please remember that I am fashion challenged)

Buckle_front_DCE.jpg

Buckle_back_1_DCE.jpg

Buckle_back_DCE.jpg

P1090574_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090575_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090576_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090580_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

and some more fashion challenged pics

and some more fashion challenged pics

P1090581_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090582_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090583_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090584_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090585_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090586_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

P1090587_DCE-c_DCE.jpg

I will only be wearing 1 buckle for golfing for a long time to come....

Are you sure you didn't sneak into JB's closest and steal a bunch of his clothes? hehehe

Great post bama.

Great post--love the plaid pants and the windowpane shirt.

Holy Carp, we should hire you to write press releases. Thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts. Your shots make the buckle look pretty darn good to me. Maybe this will sell them...hehe. I am so glad that you like it as much as we do, and of course so glad that you like THP. It means a lot to us.

Wow, I am just speechless right now. What a beautiful and heartfelt post, thank you so much Bama. I have said this before and I will say it again, it is because of people like yourself, and all our other amazing members that JB and Hacker put so much time and energy into this site. From the bottom of my heart Thank You! This post just made my day!! Your support of our site means the world to us all and the entire THP staff will do everything we can to make sure this remains the site you choose first. I am just so moved, thank you so so much : )

Oh and by they way.....AWESOME PICS!!

Bama - You don't look fashion challenged to me. I agree - it really is a nice place here. Nice post. :clapp:

Hey Bama, great post! I've only been here for a week or so and reading your post was like reading my own thoughts, this place is pretty awesome!

Holy Carp, we should hire you to write press releases. Thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts.

Although I don't think you're a holy carp, your words moved me to make the purchase.. (poke at JB) :laughing:

There are still some of these left guys. Thank you again for the kind words bama. It meant so much.

Holy Carp, we should hire you to write press releases. Thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts. Your shots make the buckle look pretty darn good to me. Maybe this will sell them...hehe. I am so glad that you like it as much as we do, and of course so glad that you like THP. It means a lot to us.

Harry! Where are you???

Nice post bama...nice looking buckle too!

Great post bama! I have to tell you it is easy for me to help people here, first of all I enjoy doing this type of stuff and secondly everyone here is very friendly, which makes it a pleasure!! Sure, I poke fun at Smallville with his requests, but they have helped develope the site in to what it is today. Thank you for your kind words and great pics!

Great post bama! I have to tell you it is easy for me to help people here, first of all I enjoy doing this type of stuff and secondly everyone here is very friendly, which makes it a pleasure!! Sure, I poke fun at Smallville with his requests, but they have helped develope the site in to what it is today he deserves it. Thank you for your kind words and great pics!

FIFY!..

You are too kind, Claire!

Buckle Pics

Buckle Pics

Cheers to a fantastic forum (as mentioned so eloquently above), and some great pics of the buckles. I'm glad to see the white AND black leather being worn with them... there was never a doubt... as the THP readers have STYLE!!!!!!

Hey Sligo -- you guys knocked it out of the park with your buckle design. Thanks for putting so much effort into making a great product. I love mine.

Cheers to a fantastic forum (as mentioned so eloquently above), and some great pics of the buckles. I'm glad to see the white AND black leather being worn with them... there was never a doubt... as the THP readers have STYLE!!!!!!

WooHoo!! got the big dogs in here making comments....I am still finding it hard to believe that JB has any buckles left...The price for this buckle is a small price to pay considering what it represents...at least to me...

My wife asked the cost and I told her..At first she was a little stunned I would pay this much...Then she said that there must be something special about it as I am considered "frugal" by my inner circle. Once I explained it to her, she totally understood... She also said....and I quote..

"That buckle is probably cheaper than one of the used Ebay wedge thingies you are always buying....and you will probably keep this one more than 6 months.."

How right you are dear......how right you are...:act-up:

Thanks WSE, we wanted to create something that was sleek, contemporary, workable with a variety of outfits, and something that everyone could wear. THP came to us with complete creative freedom... it doesn't happen too often where we get to actually design the logo. So kudos to them for giving us this opportunity.

Just waiting on the call to do #2.... hint hint....

We have not sold all of number 1 yet, but when those do, we will be doing some more things. We have our creative juices flowing on some other ideas.

Back