texasaggie

Reaction score
Handicap
Wondering can a shank be caused by standing to close to the ball? Hitting good drives but today my irons are scaring me to death. Thanks

I'm guessing that no one wants to jinx themselves by responding to such a taboo subject. I'm sorry - I have no fear, but also no answer for you.

I'm guessing that no one wants to jinx themselves by responding to such a taboo subject. I'm sorry - I have no fear, but also no answer for you.

It's not that.We are suppose to allow Someone else to respond first.Unsure of the proper spelling of his name.

It's not that.We are suppose to allow Someone else to respond first.Unsure of the proper spelling of his name.

I'm sorry - I never look at the top of my screen to see which forum I'm in. I'll be more careful next time.

I'm sorry - I never look at the top of my screen to see which forum I'm in. I'll be more careful next time.

No need to apologize.Was just stating what has been told to me.

Because it's the Ask The Pro Forum. Not sure why it's such a problem.

Texas majority of the dreaded shank issues do come from a problem at setup. Is this something that you have been dealing with alot or does it jump in from time to time. Go back to your basics. Checking to make sure that your ball position and posture are correct. 1 more thing is make sure that you are comfortable before you make a swing...if you feel like you are too close or crowding the ball you are more than likely. Take some extra time in the setup and work hard at getting comfortable. As a side note please check out THP TV I beleive it is volume 3 or 4 does have a nice cheat in it to help with the ball position. Let me know how this works and please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

Hi sorry for the late respond,
It just jumps out ,say I hit a good drive then I shank ,after that there is a good chance it'll happen again. My playing partner say's I tend to swing different after the shank.To me I feel as though I'm making a good swing.I went to the range tried standing further away from the ball,go back to the course and ever once in awhile here comes the shank. Thanks in taking the time with me going to look at the THP TV again see if it helps.Thanks for your time

Back