What is your favorite season to play golf?

AHacker'sHacker

Who is John Galt?
Reaction score
Handicap
WIP
For some people on this board they won’t appreciate this question as much since their seasons are not as distinct from each other (i.e. FL, TX, AZ, etc) as other regions.

My favorite season to play is in the fall when it starts to get a little chilly in the early morning and the leaves are turning colors. For me there is nothing better than starting out with a sweater and by mid-way through the round you are down to a short or long sleeve shirt. :blob:

Like you said, where we live, we have one season. Warm.

Probably Spring because we have a short winter here where it is too cold play for about a month and it's nice when you can get back out again.

Early spring/late winter for me, it's only the die hards out there and a lot of the time it's just me.

Summer for me. Most stay off the course when its hot. The Southern Sun of the fall makes finding the ball difficult along with the leaves from the only tree in KS. sheds. lol

I love Winter golf because the course is empty and handicap season is closed. It only takes 3 hours to play a round on courses where 5 hours is the norm.

I love Autumn golf because the scenary is so beautiful in New England during that time of year and the air feels so cool and crisp. Searching for balls under leaves is another story.

I love Spring golf because you get to start fresh with an official new season. I usually have new clothes and shoes and everything feels so shiny and new. It's a time of hope.

I can't say I love Summer golf. There are days when it's wonderful to be out there, but there are also bees, mosquitos and the most dreaded of all - gnats.

3 out of 4 isn't bad.

Fall, until about late October. It'll still be pretty dry here.

Summer. Spring is too wet and in the fall you have to deal with leaves everywhere. Winter is OK since we haven't had bad winters here lately.

For some people on this board they won’t appreciate this question as much since their seasons are not as distinct from each other (i.e. FL, TX, AZ, etc) as other regions.

My favorite season to play is in the fall when it starts to get a little chilly in the early morning and the leaves are turning colors. For me there is nothing better than starting out with a sweater and by mid-way through the round you are down to a short or long sleeve shirt. :blob:

Same here, love the cool autumn months.

Spring for me...

The courses have some moisture in them, the greens stick and the fairways are beautiful and green.

Summer it gets really hot, autumn and winter, it's just dry, and hard. They paint the greens at quite a few of the courses around here, and i just can't get a ball to stick on an approach. I have to lay up and chip. I don't play if it's under 40°.

Summer for me. I don't mind the heat and humidity. It keeps a lot of people off the course so it is less crowded. I prefer it when the courses are dried out a little so I can get that extra roll off the tee box.

I pretty much put the clubs away for the winter sometime in October thru March. I don't mind playing in the cold as long as it isn't too bad. However, I don't like going out and paying for golf when I haven't played in 3 months and won't play again for another 2. Just a waste of money to go out and suck, and not have much fun if it is cold. If it is a free round, I don't mind the sucking so much. Spring can get wet and cool and the game isn't back to where it needs to be when you haven't played in 5 months. Fall is okay at times, I love a crisp fall day. What I don't like are all the leaves on the ground and having to miss football games.

I love summer golf...pleasant mornings and lots of sunlight to play late or after work.

Pretty much like everyone else I prefer warmer weather. Then again, if the need arises I will play in frost bite conditions. It does not take much for me to load up and go. Cooler weather is nice, because a lot of those fair weather golfers are staying at home, plus you run into better golfers more often. In Vegas we have 10 months of warm, hot, and back to warm again. The other 8 weeks will have everything from 85* to maybe something in the 20* range. But it always warms up above freezing every day. A strong north wind will keep me in doors during that 8 week period. :comp:

Funny thing for me, when it gets down to the low 40s to mid 30s I am pretty much done. But once it gets above freezing after a week or so of low teens or single digits, then that's warm and golf weather again! (At least for the range).

Winter in Arizona, Fall in Arkansas. I even like to play in winter in Arkansas.

For me, its early spring and late fall when the air is cool and crisp and the courses arent crowded.

Winter, spring, summer or fall. All I got to do is call and I'll be there yes I will. Golf is my friend...

Winter, spring, summer or fall. All I got to do is call and I'll be there yes I will. Golf is my friend...

You nice weather, golf year-round people! Hope to be one of them someday!

Any season I can get on the course.

I like the end of summer/early fall. I hate laying in the cold though (below 45*).

here in the NE, September is the best. All of the July-August humidity is gone and you're left with nice, seasonable 80* days. April to mid-May is nice too if it's been a dry spring.

here in the NE, September is the best. All of the July-August humidity is gone and you're left with nice, seasonable 80* days. April to mid-May is nice too if it's been a dry spring.

And how long has it been since there's been one of those? The ark is still sitting in my side yard... .

What is a season?

Back