What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should take pics next time and put it in the course review section. sounds fun.

I have pics, just need to upload them.

great post, thanks dyna.

Well my driver and I had some real real real bad times over the weekend, last week Friday I shot 81 and got almost no help from that club at all, before that it was the only club in my bag that I couldn't hit. Saturday was an absolute disaster all brought on by the driver, I could not hit the thing to save my life. Finally I decided that my year plus long experiment with the XLS was over. So a few weeks back I demo'd a Cobra S9-1 and loved it but just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. Tonight I was playing 18 so I once again grabbed the S9-1 from the shop and took 'er out for another spin. Majestic. I nailed it time and time again, it was so fun and I turned in my best round of the summer thus far, 79 with 3 birdies. FINALLY! So I stormed into the shop after my round and demanded (more like begged) that they sell me the exact club I had just took out, it is nearly mint as not many people have been demoing it. SOLD baby! I peeled it out of their hands for $150. I am so pumped right now, I finally put together everything in one round, driver was awesome, irons were on (as they had been) and putted pretty good to boot.

Shot the highest number I have shot in over a year. Shot a 94 and could not do anything right. Missed all but 1 fairway. Missed 16 greens. 3 putted 8 holes. Not a good day out there. But I did have fun. I will say part of the issue was using the black golf balls that we are reviewing. Miss the fairway at my course and you are dropping because you just cannot see them.

Gee JB Last Wed I shot my best round I've ever shot and it was a 94 ! today I blew up big time 53 front, 53 back, 43 putts for a 106 that was a big yuck, by the way did you get my revamped 4 team for the British Open Contest?

Played in windy weather, and temperatures almost near freezing. Rain was so bad. Had a very very bad day nonetheless with an 86. Started off with a triple on the first hole.

Tonight I was playing 18 so I once again grabbed the S9-1 from the shop and took 'er out for another spin. Majestic. I nailed it time and time again, it was so fun and I turned in my best round of the summer thus far, 79 with 3 birdies. FINALLY! So I stormed into the shop after my round and demanded (more like begged) that they sell me the exact club I had just took out, it is nearly mint as not many people have been demoing it. SOLD baby! I peeled it out of their hands for $150. I am so pumped right now, I finally put together everything in one round, driver was awesome, irons were on (as they had been) and putted pretty good to boot.
Awesome, thats a great price for that driver.

Congratulations Puttin4bird for the 79 and the new driver. Way to swing!

Just finished up 18. Shot an 80. 42 on the front and 38 on the back. Played well, but scored better than I played. Too many missed opportunities.

45-40 - 85. Drive on 1 went OB and cost me a triple. The rest was pretty good. 11 putts on the back and a stupid double on a par 5 cost me a sub-40. Beat my cap. It was a good day.

Nice day roughing it. ELEVEN PUTTS!? wow, were you putting lights out or was your short game on? I would love to have one nine where I got that few putts! Nice job.

38 on my home course, only hit 4 fairways but had 5 GIR's. Putting could have been better with 15 total but after yesterdays rd at Erin Hills which was like putting on glass, these greens felt like glue traps.

Nice day roughing it. ELEVEN PUTTS!? wow, were you putting lights out or was your short game on? I would love to have one nine where I got that few putts! Nice job.

Thanks. I had 17 putts on the front. Nah, I knocked one in from 100 yards out and I was chipping like a maniac. Most of the putts were inside 5'. The putting actually could have been better. I'll probably shoot a 95 next time out... funny game. :confused2:

44/38 for an 82 at Dell Urich. Not a bad score considering I hit 9 fairways and only 7 GIR's. I really played poorly on the front. I just jumped out of the truck and walked on without warming up at all....didn't have time. I bought a Sun Mountain V1 Speed Cart and this is the first time I used it. 106 when I teed off and 102 when I finished, so it was HOT! I bought a new App for my iPhone that keeps score as well as other statistics such as putts, GIR FW, sand shots, etc. I used it for the first time today as well.

A 42, and a 43 (85). I was devastated..........lol. Actually me and a buddy played "worst ball" for the heck of it. We did not hit anything bad on purpose, it just was one of those days. We switched to worst ball after the 4th hole when we knew nothing good was going to turn out for us. :clapp:

Terrible 9 today again, freezing weather and wind again. Round must have been mid 40's. Hit every fairway but the last. Short game is killing me.

Played in my company outing yesterday. We shot a 78. Not too bad I don't think. My short game was on fire, and most of my irons were pretty good too. I borrowed one of the other guys driver and was hitting it nicely. I tried to negotiate a trade for it but he wouldn't considered my offer. Oh well. I might have to go buy one like his driver.

I got out and played yesterday with a couple of buddies from work. We went to World Woods and played Rolling Oaks. This was my first trip up to the courses and I was impressed with the facility. Pleased with the play having not played much in the last 3 months. I fired a 72 with 35 on the front and 37 on the back. Not bad on a course that is just under 7100 yards long. I hope to get out again early next week.

Awesome amollerud! 72 on a long course....mighty fine swinging bro!

Awesome amollerud! 72 on a long course....mighty fine swinging bro!

That is why he is the teacher and we are all his students. Very nice round!!!

yeah we are lucky to have him here. I have been working on the tee a foot in front of the ball lesson for the iron shots. It works! ....sometimes...Ha!

BA,
Check out his THP TV episodes and they do wonders. He is a great teacher, and has taught beginners to scratch golfers.

yeah we are lucky to have him here. I have been working on the tee a foot in front of the ball lesson for the iron shots. It works! ....sometimes...Ha!

He helped me out too. Everything isn't erfect yet, but it's getting better!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It took a while after the hand injury but I think the game is close to where I want it. The ball striking is getting better and the so is the short game. I will let everyone know how it goes the next time I get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back